RP Contest Questions

Started by BrookSkimmer, March 05, 2012, 04:59:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrookSkimmer

This thread is for OOC questions that may arise during the RP contest. Myself or one of the other judges will answer your questions from here.

I will post a brief summary of what takes place in the RP contest thread here, once a week.

Ceteruler

I have one question:
Why didn't someone think of this earlier?!
Great idea!

BrookSkimmer

:D Glad you are enjoying the contest thus far!

Some questions came in:

Ok I was wanting to know more about the area we are in like how close to the river the sea and woodlands if my under standing this is more of a flat land like a sandy dune yes?

Also I am not sure how you combat here.

There is a shore line, then some sand dunes with salt grass. After this there is an oak forest. The forest is about a half mile from the sea shore and stretches for miles inland. There is a river that runs through the forest. It has an outlet on the shore and runs into the forest. From where the characters are now Salamandastron would still be visible.

For combat: Post what move your character will preform. The one you are combating against will say how the hit affected their character then respond.

Ex:

Buckpaw: Haley thrust her rapier forward at "Bob's" side.

"Bob": Bob lunged to the side and the thrust missed. He countered with a quick slash at shoulder height.

Buckpaw: The slash connected with Haley's shoulder. She winced as Bab's blade pierced her and dodged back. Then she thrust in at his side.

Mad Maudie

this is not a question but i do not know where to put it this is a pic i made of junebud

Cause you are the piece of me I wish I didn't need
Chasing relentlessly and I don't know why
If our love's tragedy why are you my remedy?
If our love's insanity why are you my clarity?
Why are you my clarity?

~Clarity~~Zedd~

BrookSkimmer

AWESOME! Great job   ;D

You all are doing a wonderful job ion the thread thus far! Please make sure to make the two posts you want to have judged by Friday morning. I will lock the thread Friday afternoon and then unlock it on Sunday to give us time for judging.

Scores will be posted in a scoring thread that I will put up soon!

RatBane

Iam going to leave this up to you all on the pick of my posts. Iam here to have fun and RP with you all if you think I put up a post that was awsome then that most likely is the one other wise I am good. ;D
Not all Rats are bad just the ones that make them self out to be.

Icefire

Quote from: BrookSkimmer on March 07, 2012, 04:32:09 PM
Please make sure to make the two posts you want to have judged by Friday morning. I will lock the thread Friday afternoon and then unlock it on Sunday to give us time for judging.

So, we just choose two posts from the whole story and tell the judges which two?
Living in peace, aye many a season,
Calm in life and sound in reason,,
'Til evil arrives, a wicked horde,
Driving a warrior to pick up his sword,
The challenger rings then, straight and fair,
Justice is with us, beware. Beware!

Mad Maudie

Quote from: RatBane on March 07, 2012, 07:08:01 PM
Iam going to leave this up to you all on the pick of my posts. Iam here to have fun and RP with you all if you think I put up a post that was awsome then that most likely is the one other wise I am good. ;D
Cause you are the piece of me I wish I didn't need
Chasing relentlessly and I don't know why
If our love's tragedy why are you my remedy?
If our love's insanity why are you my clarity?
Why are you my clarity?

~Clarity~~Zedd~

BrookSkimmer

:) ok so the choices will be:

Pick two of your own and edit them with something at the top that let's us know which ones you want judged. Example: *for points* written before the rest of the post.

Or don't signify which ones up want judged a I shall pick for you.

FYI: thread will be locked Friday around 4 pacific standard time. It will reopen when judging is complete. Probably Sunday afternoon...

Icefire

I'm just gonna have fun playing and leave the choice up to you!

BrookSkimmer

Ok everyone you are all doing great! I've locked the thread and it will open sometime on Sunday after judging is complete. This was a great first week of posting. I think we are looking at two weeks after this for the contest.

Ceteruler

:( I guess I was a little late to edit my posts before you closed the thread. for judging I would like the first post I had on page 1 and the last post I had on page 2 to be judged, please.

BrookSkimmer

Ok, the scores for this week are up! I'm re-opening the thread so go and post!  ;)

BTW, you are all doing so well. The scores are super close so the leaders could change by the end of this coming week...

Icefire

Wow! Daniel in first didn't surprise me, but me in second was a shocker! That won't last long...

BrookSkimmer

Another judge has turned in scores so the placing have shifted slightly!

Let's get posting people!  ;D