Ublaz and his power

Started by Tiria Wildlough, March 16, 2012, 06:01:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiria Wildlough

So, what are your thoughts on the pine marten and his power of hypnotizing creatures?
I think that Ublaz is just a pine marten who was born with really weird eyes, and he convinced himself that he can hypnotize beasts, and since he looks like he could, they convince themselves that they're hypnotized, and they are. :P
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Skipper

I think it originally said he was a corsair and worked his way up, i think its strange how he dosn't hypnotize them straight away like with the snake it takes abit of time.

Nightfire

I agree with Tiria's theory. Have you ever seen the movie Planet 51? The one Human astronaut convinces the two aliens that they are under his control and he can invade their minds, so they obey him consistently. But, the thing is, he never had any mind powers at all! He just messed with their heads and they thought that he had powerful mind control! I think that's what Ublaz could do. He never had any real power, it was just strange-looking eyes. He manipulated people to think that he could hypnotize them. And maybe that's why Martin II could resist him; he never got all psyched out about the marten's abilities, because Ublaz didn't have any!
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Bragoon

I agree, and I'd like to call attention to Maguda Razan in Angel's Command who did the same thing - convinced people she had special powers, when she didn't. 
"For the whole Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable to to teach, to convince, to correct, and to instruct in righteousness." - II Timothy 3:16

Redwallfan7

"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Dannflower Reguba

I agree with Nightfire who agrees with Tiria, It's all pyscology.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Ciaran Galedeep

Quote from: danflorreguba on March 19, 2012, 04:33:16 PM
I agree with Nightfire who agrees with Tiria, It's all pyscology.

notice it seems that the affects of such creatures, (other then asmodaus) seem to be directly coupled with the fact that they are capable of taking whatever they wish...

Dannflower Reguba

Asmodeus could take whatever he wished.

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Bragoon

Take perhaps, but apparently keep is another matter.  ;)
"For the whole Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable to to teach, to convince, to correct, and to instruct in righteousness." - II Timothy 3:16

Dannflower Reguba

Amodeus kept everything until Matthias came and lopped his head off! (saying "lopped" is so much fun!)

The Shade

There is only so much you can convice someone that their under your control. Ublaz HAD to have SOME power, he made that corsair fling himself out the window.And besides, he coud'nt speak with the snake, yet he had it under his control.
They told me I was gullible. I believed them.

It is well known that 47% of statistics are made up on the spot.

I used to leave out half my sentances, but now I

Shadowed One

Yeah, he had a bit of power, but part of it was just trickery.
Martin the Warrior is way more epic than Mickey Mouse. Anyone who says otherwise is insane, or just wrong.

"I'm languishing in heroic obscurity!"-Doc

Rusvul

Erm, I'm fairly sure pine martens have slight hypnotic powers in real life, not dissimilar to that of a snake.

rachel25

Quote from: rusvulthesaber on June 28, 2013, 01:56:03 PM
Erm, I'm fairly sure pine martens have slight hypnotic powers in real life, not dissimilar to that of a snake.
yeah me too  :P

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Aye, but zat might alzae be partly due tae ze zight o' creaturez like Azmodeuz zcarez zome zae much zat zey gae intae a zorta zhock an' cannae move (like vhen zomebody vantz tae valk/run avay but zeir legz juzt vill nae move).
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.