News:

Moderator activity in progress. Please, be patient. ~ Sincerely, The Staff

Main Menu

Hunger Games discussion

Started by BrookSkimmer, March 23, 2012, 11:53:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dannflower Reguba

Ooohhhh! Your tlking a bout the Hunger Games books, I was thinking of a different series! oops. :D
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Osu

Quote from: Primrosewarrior on March 30, 2012, 03:34:46 PM
No one. It was a female hare, singing about how neatly she fought. Everyhare called her the primrosewarrior. I thought it sounded cool.I don't remember her real name.
Her name was Merriscut Fieldbud. She was reciting a monologue about a "primrose warrior" who defeated her enemies by bathing them. ;D You're right, it is pretty awesome!

Erhem. >.>

@Hunger Games - I had no idea they were so popular or even existed until I saw a commercial for the movies. Then my sister told me it was the "best book series ever," so naturally I had to see if they compared to the Redwall series at all. Like Lily, once I started I couldn't put them down. It's the first time I cried over a book in a long, long time.

Wonderful book series, I recommend them. Haven't seen the movie yet, but I'm glad it sounds like they downplayed the romance part. I've always found love triangles to be cliche and boring, and though Katniss's wasn't terribly cliche, I did find the romance boring. XD Can't wait to see the film...!
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

Icefire

Living in peace, aye many a season,
Calm in life and sound in reason,,
'Til evil arrives, a wicked horde,
Driving a warrior to pick up his sword,
The challenger rings then, straight and fair,
Justice is with us, beware. Beware!

Tannsrall

I did really enjoy the movie because it was um... violent. But I am glad that they kept most parts right and the romance was basically cut out. I wonder if they are making the next book?
if you not shoopid then don' ask shoopid questions - mousebabe from Bellmaker

I am the law!

-

Mad Maudie

Lave triangles? sorry i have only read the first one and i do not remember any of those in there the movie is only the first one and they do not cut it out they still kiss....a little.
Cause you are the piece of me I wish I didn't need
Chasing relentlessly and I don't know why
If our love's tragedy why are you my remedy?
If our love's insanity why are you my clarity?
Why are you my clarity?

~Clarity~~Zedd~

eualaia

can't wait to see the movie,  the trailer looks epic!
wolves will slay whoever they want to.....*growl* "AGHH''

Lily

Quote from: Tannsrall on March 31, 2012, 11:13:26 PM
I did really enjoy the movie because it was um... violent. But I am glad that they kept most parts right and the romance was basically cut out. I wonder if they are making the next book?
I'm pretty sure Catching Fire got the green light even before the first movie came out!

While I agree with everyone who thinks love triangles are boring, we can't forget that without the love triangle, a lot of the other elements in the books wouldn't exist. The relationship between Katniss and Peeta is kind of what sets off the whole chain reaction in the first place. If they cut the love out there wouldn't be any books.

Having said that, I was glad they toned it down a bit for the movie. And while I think the relationships are important to the story, I don't think they should be the central focus. I didn't read the books to see who Katniss would end up with, I read them because I was interested in Katniss' journey and Panem's future.

I think I just contradicted myself about a billion times, but hopefully you get what I was trying to say. ;)

Icefire

I get it! I think you just summed up my contradicting feelings!

Primrosewarrior

Well,the romance was nice, but there was way to much kissing

Osu

You explain yourself well, vixen Sela. I must agree on your point on the importance of the triangle to the books - certainly a very integral part of the story. I must also admit how impressed I was that the books didn't focus on the relationships and instead focused on the "big picture," unlike the Twilight series, where the epic happenings often took backseat to the relationships.

I'm going to try and see the movie tomorrow, providing it doesn't snow too much. Eee! ;D

...Belay that, Vilaya does not say "eee!" and you never read that. Now move along, or my dagger may find you!
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

Dawnwing

I've been with the series since the very beginning.  My school librarian bought the book as soon as it came out, insisting I read it and tell her what I think, because she had just gone to a librarian convention and they said it would be "the next big thing".  I read it, I liked it.  I especially felt an emotional connection since at the time, I was Katniss' age, and my sister was Prim/Rue's age.  Since I've known it since it was still pretty obscure, it's very weird now that it's so popular and I've been asked by about eight people so far if they can borrow my books because the line's too long at the library.

I saw a midnight showing.  It rained when we were in line, but between my friends and I we knew about half the people waiting at the theater, so we got to share a tent with the people next to us in line.

Icefire

Quote from: Dawnwing on April 02, 2012, 07:03:52 AM
I saw a midnight showing.  It rained when we were in line, but between my friends and I we knew about half the people waiting at the theater, so we got to share a tent with the people next to us in line.
NICE! My brother tried talking me into the midnight showing, but we weren't even sure we would be allowed to see the movie at all until the day after.

Coobreedan

Sorry about this but....

...WHAT ON EARTH ARE THE HUNGER GAMES?!
I won't be on this forum much anymore, but I'll pop in to say hi every now and then.

eualaia

Quote from: Coobreedan on April 03, 2012, 03:32:24 PM
Sorry about this but....

...WHAT ON EARTH ARE THE HUNGER GAMES?!

FIND OUT BY GOING TO A LOCAL LIBRARY
wolves will slay whoever they want to.....*growl* "AGHH''

Mad Maudie

Quote from: Mad Maudie on March 27, 2012, 02:24:14 AM
The Hunger Games is a young-adult, dystopian novel written by Suzanne Collins. It was originally published on September 14, 2008. The book is the first in The Hunger Games trilogy, followed by Catching Fire, then Mockingjay.

In the novel, the Hunger Games are an annual televised event where the ruthless Capitol randomly selects one boy and one girl between the ages of twelve and 18 from each of the twelve districts, putting them against each other in a game of survival where they are forced to fight one another to the death. The victor then wins a new house for themselves and their families in their District, along with food, fame, and wealth.

this cobreedan is the hunger games
Cause you are the piece of me I wish I didn't need
Chasing relentlessly and I don't know why
If our love's tragedy why are you my remedy?
If our love's insanity why are you my clarity?
Why are you my clarity?

~Clarity~~Zedd~