Can't Decide
7 (31.8%)
Haven't read any
6 (27.3%)
Don't like the books
1 (4.5%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Rainshadow

I would suggest that if you're a person that hates how far the movie goes from books, watch the movie first.  Then you can enjoy the movie.  I made the mistake of reading the books first and started complaining about the movie.  Then I watched a few years later and went, "It's not too bad."
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Redwallfan7

"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Dreamer

I love the guardians of ga'hoole.
~Dreamer~

Rainshadow

I love the first 6 books, but after that it gets a little weird.  And, I may be the only fan of the books to say this, the movie's starting to grow on me.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Søren

Revive.
Ok, I'm going to say it.
I loved the movie.
THERE. I SAID IT.
It's what got me into it, then I loved the books as well.

I'm retired from the forum

The Mask

I am a squirrel, an otter, a mouse, a fox, a stoat, a ferret, a weasel, a wildcat, a hare, a hedgehog, a badger; I am the master of disguises, The Mask.

" I will burn the heart out of you." Moriarty, Sherlock

Cornflower MM

Quote from: Rainshadow on October 02, 2012, 06:02:42 PM
  I would suggest that if you're a person that hates how far the movie goes from books, watch the movie first.  Then you can enjoy the movie.  I made the mistake of reading the books first and started complaining about the movie.  Then I watched a few years later and went, "It's not too bad."

Yeah, I know. I did the exact same thing. :P ::)

Quote from: Soren the Warrior on January 04, 2015, 08:05:55 PM
Revive.
Ok, I'm going to say it.
I loved the movie.
THERE. I SAID IT.

WHO ARE YOU AND WHAT DID YOU DO WITH THE REAL SOREN?!

Rainshadow

Revive.
Ok, I'm going to say it.
I loved the movie.
THERE. I SAID IT.

On its own, the film isn't too bad (although I didn't care much for the storyline).  The animation was awesome, the voice actors were pretty good, and the music was AMAZING.  But, in my opinion, it pales in comparison to the books.  At least, the first six books.  I didn't really like book seven till the end; it got kinda weird.  :P

Cornflower MM

'I very much agree, Rainy. Book seven was. . . . . . Strange. And yeah, the movie's okay, I just can't get past all the differences between it and the books.

Søren

Quote from: Rainshadow on January 04, 2015, 11:00:46 PM
Revive.
Ok, I'm going to say it.
I loved the movie.
THERE. I SAID IT.

On its own, the film isn't too bad (although I didn't care much for the storyline).  The animation was awesome, the voice actors were pretty good, and the music was AMAZING.  But, in my opinion, it pales in comparison to the books.  At least, the first six books.  I didn't really like book seven till the end; it got kinda weird.  :P
^^^absolutely.

I'm retired from the forum

Dannflower Reguba

Can we please stop using the "books were better" argument! Of course it was better! The book always is! When you read a book, you engage your mind into the process, the story becomes partially yours because YOU'RE the one filling in the blanks, conjuring your perception of the characters, locations, etc. in your own mind. The movie gives you everything, and a movie plot doesn't have weeks or months to develop a plot, characters, story, background, etc... It has maybe 2 hours (unless it's the Lord of the Rings, then you've got 3 4 hour movies :P). As a stand-alone movie, without book comparison, it was a very well done movie! Could it have been better? Only a fool would say no, but that's also just a matter of one mans opinion versus another. It's unfair to compare a movie to it's books, movies don't have all the same luxury's that books do.

I, personally, quite enjoyed both.

EDIT: Can I also just say that I'm really amused that this topic is back up?  ::) This thing is ages old.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Cornflower MM

As to your question 'Could it have been done better?' I think that it's an excellent movvie, but as I stated before. . . .
Quote from: Cornflower MM on January 04, 2015, 11:06:23 PM
And yeah, the movie's okay, I just can't get past all the differences between it and the books.
It's just the way my mind works. Although in my opinion, the casting could have been done better.

Rusvul

Technically everything that exists is ages old. Also everything could be done better, unless there is a cap to how well it can be done.

Dannflower Reguba

Quote from: rusvulthesaber on January 05, 2015, 03:56:44 PM
Technically everything that exists is ages old. Also everything could be done better, unless there is a cap to how well it can be done.

That's..... exactly what I said.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Rusvul

You implied that it was very old, which is a different thing from ages old. Ages old applies to anything that exists. Well, I suppose very old does too, because it all depends on your reference frame.