News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Lord of the Rings

Started by Primrosewarrior, March 30, 2012, 09:05:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Booklover

Quote from: lass of something much on March 10, 2020, 06:14:28 PM
nor I. I really enjoyed them, though, some parts did irk me.. buuut, over all they are great movies, not as good as the books, but that's just my option..
Who would ever want movies or TV when there are books?
Error. Error. Cannot compute.

shisteer of nothing much

nor I. I really enjoyed them, though, some parts did irk me.. buuut, over all they are great movies, not as good as the books, but that's just my option..
Your opinion is very, completely and in all other ways correct, as far as I'm concerned.
    I have a shiny thing! See?

And another shiny thing:

And also some random, unnecessary coding.[/li][/list]

Long live the RRR!

The Shadow of Korriban

Quote from: Booklover on March 10, 2020, 07:53:02 PM
Books are quite good for the brain.  Though, (My opinion) TV and cinema will let your mind believe what is happening in a quite simpler fashion.
The best way to forget your own problems is to beat a rock with a stick.<br /><br />My YouTube channel!

lass of something much

Mmm, very true..
Quote from: shisteer of nothing much on March 10, 2020, 08:59:04 PM
Your opinion is very, completely and in all other ways correct, as far as I'm concerned.
;D ;D ;D ;D
𝓛𝓪𝓼𝓼𝓲𝓮 𝓕𝓲𝓼𝓱

shisteer of nothing much

Quote from: Booklover on March 10, 2020, 07:53:02 PM
Whilst I agree that books are preferably to both of those alternatives, there is a place for movies and TV.

And another shiny thing:

Long live the RRR!

Cornflower MM

I agree with Teer. I like movies and TV shows, when they're interesting and done well.

Although I can't say I enjoyed the first Hobbit movie, so much so that I never finished it and I haven't seen the other two. (There's a chance I watched the first one and couldn't get through the second, I can't remember exactly now that I'm thinking about it, but that in and of itself says something) I was just..... Extremely bored with all the violence and action. There was too much for my tastes and not enough plot. Shame, really, I liked The Hobbit more than The Lord of the Rings. (Bookwise)

shisteer of nothing much

I think it would be hard to make the movies better, though. There is a lot of action in the book, but it's different because, rather than just seeing action, you know what people are thinking and why they're doing what they're doing. In a movie, you can only see what's going on on the outside, so it just seems like unnecessary violence and a lot of yelling. The movies could have been a lot worse.

And another shiny thing:

Long live the RRR!

lass of something much

indeed, and at lest they tryed to show what was going on..
𝓛𝓪𝓼𝓼𝓲𝓮 𝓕𝓲𝓼𝓱

Jetthebinturong

That is simply not true. The majority of the boring action in the Hobbit films was added into the movies to pad out the runtime and justify having three parts, it was never in the book. And most of it is just ridiculous and over the top.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

lass of something much

nonsense, they had to cut allot out, and that still left three parts, and as for pointless actshon, in the book it could be summed up in a paragraph, but in the movie they needed to bring it to life, and give the characters more...well character...
𝓛𝓪𝓼𝓼𝓲𝓮 𝓕𝓲𝓼𝓱

shisteer of nothing much

This could become a rather heated argument. Maybe we should just talk about Radagast or something.

And another shiny thing:

Long live the RRR!

lass of something much

it's fine, I don't think anybeast is in any way upset...
𝓛𝓪𝓼𝓼𝓲𝓮 𝓕𝓲𝓼𝓱

Jetthebinturong

Quote from: lass of something much on March 14, 2020, 12:45:06 AM
nonsense, they had to cut allot out, and that still left three parts, and as for pointless actshon, in the book it could be summed up in a paragraph, but in the movie they needed to bring it to life, and give the characters more...well character...
For the first movie: Everything with Radagast and being chased by orcs doesn't happen. Fight in the goblin cave is much less... video game-y. "Out of the frying pan" scene has no fight.
Second movie: Barrel scene has no fight. Battle in Lake Town doesn't happen. Battle with Smaug doesn't happen.
The third movie is the only one that's somewhat justified, because the battle happened in the book, we just didn't see it because Bilbo was unconscious.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Booklover

Yeah, in the book The Battle of the Five Armies was probably not even two pages.
Error. Error. Cannot compute.

Sebias of Redwall

One thing to remember is that movies and books have different story structures and such. Each can get away with certain things, and sometimes film makers need to add/take out scenes while making adaptions. Not saying The Hobbit films were perfect, but some changes were understandable imo.

Any update on the LOTR TV show?
"I can only speak two languages. English and rubbish." ~Brian Jacques

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!