What would've been the most likely end to the Redwall series?

Started by SandyB, June 05, 2012, 05:47:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Felldoh154

My personal opinion is that mr. J. Enjoyed writing these so much that even if he lived a hundred more years he would never have made a definite end to the series. He spent 20+ books establishing his abbey and all and I can hardly imagine him destroying all of that.

WildDoogyPlumm

Quote from: Felldoh154 on July 05, 2012, 01:09:56 AM
My personal opinion is that mr. J. Enjoyed writing these so much that even if he lived a hundred more years he would never have made a definite end to the series. He spent 20+ books establishing his abbey and all and I can hardly imagine him destroying all of that.
Agreed.  And if he had Redwall completely destroyed at any point, a lot of us fans would probably freak out.
"Guid warriors cannae rest 'til those dirty slayers are paid out in steel for their crimes, ye ken?" - Doogy

Felldoh154

BrownJumps

Humans would have found the abbey, it would have become a tourist attraction and the scientists all over the world would have started experimenting on the beasts to find out how they had the intelligence to build the Abbey, Martin's Sword, the tapestry, etc.

Lutra

Welcome to the boards BrownJumps. :)

If I had to take a guess at "how it would end" the logical thing I could come up with is some earthquake or something waking up the volcano of Salamandastron and the magma destroying all in sight.  It would be a sorry end, but it seems as if natural disasters are the only thing that could destroy the civilization.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Skyblade

Quote from: BrownJumps on July 09, 2012, 01:44:38 PM
Humans would have found the abbey, it would have become a tourist attraction and the scientists all over the world would have started experimenting on the beasts to find out how they had the intelligence to build the Abbey, Martin's Sword, the tapestry, etc.

I don't think humans exists in the Redwall world, but if they did that could be a good ending.

and welcome to the forums  :D

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Felldoh154

Quote from: BrownJumps on July 09, 2012, 01:44:38 PM

Welcome to the forum :)

And I agree with sky blade i don't think humans exist in redwall world but if they found redwall they would do exactly what you said

Wisteria Wild Cat

REDWALL WILL NEVER DIE! But if it did, then the cause of death would be something natural.
I am so unbelievably busy at the moment, (BECAUSE I'M MOVING!!!) if you need me, which you most likely won't, PM me!

redwallgurl

yeah probably something of a natrulo disaster would happen. i dont think it would be vermin though redwalls lived through all of that
Fun. is a fantastic band.

Tannsrall

Quote from: Felldoh154 on July 09, 2012, 02:07:48 PM
And I agree with sky blade i don't think humans exist in redwall world but if they found redwall they would do exactly what you said

Unless we defended it.
if you not shoopid then don' ask shoopid questions - mousebabe from Bellmaker

I am the law!

-

Trisscar95

I have two endings I could be happy with. The first is a plague like what happened to Loamhedge. The second would be a hoed so vast that the Redwallers couldn't defeat. Though the second would be really sad, having to see the inner workings of Redwall collapse, with desperate creatures wondering why Martin wasn't protecting them.
'Twixt leaning ash and poison gold,
Trisscar Swordmaid, look, behold,
What is sought by everyone.
Now! Ere high noon light moves on.'

DanielofRedwall

I don't see Brian Jacques as the type of author who would right a doom ending for Redwall. Surely he would just say "They lived in peace for the rest of their seasons and Salamandastron continued to defend the coast". Felldoh had the right idea as well, I think. But, while we're disccussing it, I think a Pompeii-like destruction caused by Salamandastron waking up seems logical.
Received mostly negative reviews.

W0NWILL

abbotsrboss

I've personally always imagined some sort of epic adventure that included the spirits of past Redwall warriors (who have used the Sword of Martin) against an evil army of monstrous proportions. In the end, the good guys would win (of course) and Redwall would continue into a new age that there was no more fighting only peace among all creatures.
But I also like the idea of a earthquake or something happening and it had an end like Narnia.
But I don't agree with the "humans intervening" theory because I read some F.A.Q.'s that people asked Jacques and he said that humans are intertwined at all with the Redwall universe, it's totally a seperate universe from ours.
I wish I was as wise as a Redwall Abbot