What would've been the most likely end to the Redwall series?

Started by SandyB, June 05, 2012, 05:47:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maudie

"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Buzz_Bumble

The book series would obviously end when either they weren't selling "enough" for the greedy publisher (although these days you can self-publish books relatively easily, especially eBooks) or when Brian Jacques died ... unfortunately that second option came first.  :(

The Redwall universe itself could continue indefinitely. There's no reason it would end, unless a massive asteroid hit Mossflower. Eventually the inhabitants would probably move beyond medieval times and start building things like machinery and cars, and Redwall Abbey could end up in the centre of a huge, bustling Redwall City.  :)

The Shade

They told me I was gullible. I believed them.

It is well known that 47% of statistics are made up on the spot.

I used to leave out half my sentances, but now I

Duxwing

A disaffected Warrior of Redwall staging a coup d'etat with the other fighters therein and establishing a military dictatorship that either enslaved or killed all those who opposed him, leading the Abbey into ruinous wars of conquest with neighboring woodland tribes during which the Abbey and its defenders, deemed too strong to be taken, was instead reduced to rubble by a protracted siege that killed everyone inside it and almost everyone who tried to take it.  Nearby vermin seize the opportunity and enslave the battered, butchered, bloody victors, leaving Mossflower a dead, empty place spoken of in hushed tones around slave pens while said vermin, bolstered by the extra slave labor, take Salamandastron and turn it into the greatest slave den that the world has ever known.

In time, the vermin tribes battle for control and a leader emerges to rule them all with an iron fist, establishing a stifling hierarchy of slaves, 'freebeasts,' and his personal entourage.  Eventually, he and every following leader is killed coup d'etats led by vermin who wanted more for themselves, each civil war further reducing the population of the realm as new and terrible poisons and plagues are unleashed upon the land, killing thousands in a matter of days-- sometimes even the unleashers themselves.  Mossflower forest dies, and the River Moss is dammed up for a dictator's swimming pool.  The meadows all die from lack of water, and with them, whatever beasts were eking out a living therein.

In time, only a few hundred beasts remain, and they die in a battle that would be climactic if it weren't so pitifully small.  At its end, thirty beasts stand atop the mountain of corpses, surrounded by the barren, dessicated landscape.  They try to rebuild and replenish the realm, but the lack of genetic diversity caused by their small number eventually leads to terminal genetic conditions in all offspring, and the last creature in the realm dies alone from an airway too small to let breath pass through well.  And then there was peace.

-Duxwing

Shadowed One

Martin the Warrior is way more epic than Mickey Mouse. Anyone who says otherwise is insane, or just wrong.

"I'm languishing in heroic obscurity!"-Doc

phoenixfoden

Quote from: Duxwing on June 08, 2013, 09:47:00 PM
A disaffected Warrior of Redwall staging a coup d'etat with the other fighters therein and establishing a military dictatorship that either enslaved or killed all those who opposed him, leading the Abbey into ruinous wars of conquest with neighboring woodland tribes during which the Abbey and its defenders, deemed too strong to be taken, was instead reduced to rubble by a protracted siege that killed everyone inside it and almost everyone who tried to take it.  Nearby vermin seize the opportunity and enslave the battered, butchered, bloody victors, leaving Mossflower a dead, empty place spoken of in hushed tones around slave pens while said vermin, bolstered by the extra slave labor, take Salamandastron and turn it into the greatest slave den that the world has ever known.

In time, the vermin tribes battle for control and a leader emerges to rule them all with an iron fist, establishing a stifling hierarchy of slaves, 'freebeasts,' and his personal entourage.  Eventually, he and every following leader is killed coup d'etats led by vermin who wanted more for themselves, each civil war further reducing the population of the realm as new and terrible poisons and plagues are unleashed upon the land, killing thousands in a matter of days-- sometimes even the unleashers themselves.  Mossflower forest dies, and the River Moss is dammed up for a dictator's swimming pool.  The meadows all die from lack of water, and with them, whatever beasts were eking out a living therein.

In time, only a few hundred beasts remain, and they die in a battle that would be climactic if it weren't so pitifully small.  At its end, thirty beasts stand atop the mountain of corpses, surrounded by the barren, dessicated landscape.  They try to rebuild and replenish the realm, but the lack of genetic diversity caused by their small number eventually leads to terminal genetic conditions in all offspring, and the last creature in the realm dies alone from an airway too small to let breath pass through well.  And then there was peace.

-Duxwing
a sad way to end,but a possibility....

Buzz_Bumble

Quote from: The Shade on June 08, 2013, 08:56:19 AM
Hahaha, imagen a badgerlord in a car. *___*

It would have to be a Hummer while the mice drive little Fiat 500's.  :)

phoenixfoden

Quote from: Buzz_Bumble on June 09, 2013, 12:50:53 AM
Quote from: The Shade on June 08, 2013, 08:56:19 AM
Hahaha, imagen a badgerlord in a car. *___*

It would have to be a Hummer while the mice drive little Fiat 500's.  :)
fox:ferrari
weasel:mazda rx7
Mole:dumptruck
Rat:rat rod
Shrew:toyota hilux
otter:boat
hare:60s dodge dayonta
Hedgehog:police crusier with spike deployers
Squrrell:lotus
wolverine:tank with 5 inches of armuor

Buzz_Bumble

An otter would probably drive a James Bond submersible Lotus Espirit ... or if you want a real car, then how about an Aquada - it's a small sports car (looks very similar to a Mazda MX-5 / Miata) which can transform between car mode and jet boat mode.  :)

phoenixfoden

Quote from: Romsca on June 09, 2013, 02:34:07 AM
And ferret?
black 300c srt8 (looks harmless but can take out the big guys)
Quote from: Buzz_Bumble on June 09, 2013, 04:31:51 AM
An otter would probably drive a James Bond submersible Lotus Espirit ... or if you want a real car, then how about an Aquada - it's a small sports car (looks very similar to a Mazda MX-5 / Miata) which can transform between car mode and jet boat mode.  :)

thats awesome! Do they mass produce them,or is it just a single car?

Buzz_Bumble

The Aquada isn't mass produced. It was designed and developed in New Zealand a few years ago (it was "released" in 2003) and I think they have built and sold a few since then, but being basically hand-made they are expensive and few people are interested in buying them, and even less people are interested in investing in the project. I'm not sure if they still make them or not.

The same company now makes a Quadski (basically a quadbike that can convert to a jetski) which started being sold in America at the start of 2013 if you've got a spare US$40,000, and last year announced the concept Humdinga which is described as a amphibious truck (it seats six people).

There are other amphibious vechiles as well, but most are quite ugly and all arejust a small niche market.

phoenixfoden

Rusvul

Yay! Foxes get Ferraris! Though, airships are better for long-distance travel. Still... I get a Ferrari! I get a Ferrari! I get a Ferrari! I get a Ferrari! *Dances off, then hops in a Ferrari and roars away, still singing...*

Buzz_Bumble

There's some fool not far from me who owns a Ferrari. He lives in a house with a steep driveway which would bump the car's nose everytime he drives up or down it (although he never seems to drive it), so instead he leaves the Ferrari  sitting on a busy and narrow street with a car cover over the top. Often on windy days I see the cover has partly come off. It's amazing the things has had it's side mirrors knocked off or been smashed into the back of by now.

Quote from: phoenixfoden on June 09, 2013, 11:50:05 AM
They look cool,just hope they are rust proof :D

The bodywork is plastic or fibreglass, but like any boat that goes on salt water, they'd still need a good hose down after travelling on water.