News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Anthrocon: Who's heard of it?

Started by Redwallfan7, June 27, 2012, 07:05:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flandor

Quote from: Lutra on June 28, 2012, 09:02:23 PM
Just to clarify, I don't know how much reading you've done on furry conventions...most people at these things are adults twice your age, and not all artwork is...shall I say appropriate.  Just something to think about given your own ages (if you're not lying in your profiles).  I'm sure its a great event, but realize the expectations before jumping in with both feet first. ;)

Seconded x1000.  Be careful what you Google and wait til you're older to attend one of these.  A lot of the time they are not as family friendly as I think most of the people here like things to be.
"Each of us is born to follow a star, be it bright and shining or dark and fated."
-Rillbrook the Wanderer, son of Rillbrook the Wanderer, Grandson of Rillbrook the Wanderer

Lutra

Absolutely, Flandor.  Despite what furries tell you (or say) their world is not family friendly.  You want family friendly with costumes and all, you have Disneyland and Universal Studios. ;)
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Redwallfan7

Thanks for the advice Lutra. I mainly stick to appropriate anthro animals, like for example, Redwall. I agree that some of the artwork that they present is for mature viewers only. I just thought it was cool because I'm a fan of talking animals.
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Flandor

It would definitely be great if there wasn't such a huge amount of adult content involved in the fandom, because I do like anthropomorphic animals a lot.  It's unfortunate.
"Each of us is born to follow a star, be it bright and shining or dark and fated."
-Rillbrook the Wanderer, son of Rillbrook the Wanderer, Grandson of Rillbrook the Wanderer

Redwallfan7

I think there's a difference between talking animals and the furry fandom. For example, I love Redwall, the Ice Age movies, and the Madagascar movies, but I don't know if I'd clarify them as part of the furry fandom. I mainly got into those things because of my love for animals. It would be better for me to wait to go to one of those conventions when I'm a few years older, though.
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Flandor

Yes, there's a big difference between Redwall, Wind in the Willows, Watership Down, animated films etc, and the furry fandom, unfortunately.  Although I can't say anyone in animal costumes appeals to me.  I find it creepy haha.

Redwallfan7

I don't think that mascots or Disney animals in costume are creepy, but I admit most animal costumes in the furry fandom give me the creeps. Never mind, I take that back, it's not cool, now that I know what you and Lutra said.

Lutra

I hate bursting bubbles like that, but its for the better in this case.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Redwallfan7

I like furries but I don't go to the sexual part of it

Tannsrall

I hate the fact that there so much bad stuff about the fandom. I have to be really careful about what I am doing. The good stuff is cool, you just have to find the right site and right people. About Anthrocon, I would go except the fact that I am to young and once again the bad stuff. Also I don't to go unless I have a fursuit.
if you not shoopid then don' ask shoopid questions - mousebabe from Bellmaker

I am the law!

-

Tiria Wildlough

Yeah, I wish people would grow up a bit and do appropriate stuff.
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

MatthiasMan

I'm a furry. I want to get a fox tail so bad. Or make one. I love foxes so much. Best animal alive. ;D

Redwallfan7

Foxes are awesome. Most people (I'm not talking about anyone on this forum) hate them though. They are so under rated. I love red foxes and arctic foxes.

MatthiasMan

What does under rated mean?

Fury4life isn't a bad site. I haven't seen any really bad things on it. Only thing I've noticed is some of them use a little language, but I barely see any of it.

Redwallfan7

Quote from: MatthiasMan on August 19, 2012, 10:26:55 PM
What does under rated mean?

Fury4life isn't a bad site. I haven't seen any really bad things on it. Only thing I've noticed is some of them use a little language, but I barely see any of it.
Under rated means: something that's not considered good enough or judged too quickly, I guess.