redwall abbey; even though it's not real, does it still feel like it sometimes?

Started by mattimouse20, July 17, 2012, 08:33:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Romsca

Quote from: KitrallStreamrippler on May 12, 2013, 10:04:27 PM
Quote from: WildDoogyPlumm on July 18, 2012, 12:07:24 PM
How do we know it's not real?
Exactly! Sometimes when I'm feeling weirder than usual, I wonder about some really strange stuff. Like, are events in books really real in some other plane of existence/dimension? Are authors just aware somehow of these events and that's how they get their "story ideas"? Or do these things happen because they wrote them? What about us? Are we just characters in some book? Is some author "out there" aware of our stories or is the author "writing" us?

Quote from: PluggFiretail on May 13, 2013, 02:02:32 AM
That sounds a bit like Tolkien! He said that when you write, you create that world, or something like that. Not in reallity, though. :-\

Sounds even more like Inkheart!

BloodGullet

I suppose, in an infinite multi-verse (uni-verse is so passe), all things are not only possible, but must be - somewhere, at some point in time, everything imaginable will happen, maybe more than once. Like right now, there's a duplicate me, that is typing this post, but will now say something different. Like . . .  anyway, you get the point.  So, it's not beyond reason to think that somewhere out there, at some time in history, there is or was, a place called redwall abbey with talking animals.  Unfortunately, for the foreseeable future, we may be stuck on our little speck of dust like the whos in whoville.  Just my two cents.   :P
When ye hear me muzzle lock, say yer prayers, ye bilgerat!

Kitsune

Romsca

Quote from: PluggFiretail on May 13, 2013, 06:03:00 PM
LOL, now we mention Dr. Suess! Who's next? ;D

Robert Jordan!!! Because, in the Wheel of Time series,

Quote from: BloodGullet on May 13, 2013, 04:18:13 AM
I suppose, in an infinite multi-verse (uni-verse is so passe), all things are not only possible, but must be - somewhere, at some point in time, everything imaginable will happen, maybe more than once. Like right now, there's a duplicate me, that is typing this post, but will now say something different. Like . . .  anyway, you get the point.  So, it's not beyond reason to think that somewhere out there, at some time in history, there is or was, a place called redwall abbey with talking animals.

you can travel between these and meet yourself in a slightly different situation.

Quote from: BloodGullet on May 13, 2013, 04:18:13 AMSo, it's not beyond reason to think that somewhere out there, at some time in history, there is or was, a place called redwall abbey with talking animals.

Or will be a place called Redwall Abbey with talking animals. Don't forget about the future ;) Of course, there might not actually be such thing as time, but that is another topic altogether...

Redwallfan7

PluggFiretail mentioned that the concept sounds like Tolkien. I agree completely. The Lord of the Rings and Redwall don't share the exact same plot, but I can see a lot of similarities between the two. Especially in the areas of the songs, friendship, and food. Also, both have a wide variety  of different aged characters, young, middle aged, etc.
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Shadowed One

There are some similarities in that they name some of their weapons.
Martin the Warrior is way more epic than Mickey Mouse. Anyone who says otherwise is insane, or just wrong.

"I'm languishing in heroic obscurity!"-Doc

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Tam and Martin

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Ungatt Trunn

I think that Redwall does exist. But not in the real world. I believe that there is another world that can only be reached by imagination. All of those great stories, from Cinderella to Redwall, actually did happen. BJ visited the world of Redwall by imagination, and he wrote about them, which in turn we read about. I think that every "Fictional" story that is written or told has happened in another world. Anybody could visit that world, but you need imagination to go there. That's my opinion :)

Life is too short to rush through it.

rachel25

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn on July 03, 2013, 04:48:43 PM
I think that Redwall does exist. But not in the real world. I believe that there is another world that can only be reached by imagination. All of those great stories, from Cinderella to Redwall, actually did happen. BJ visited the world of Redwall by imagination, and he wrote about them, which in turn we read about. I think that every "Fictional" story that is written or told has happened in another world. Anybody could visit that world, but you need imagination to go there.
That was so poetic and beautiful  :'(  :-*

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: rachel25 on July 03, 2013, 05:09:16 PM
I think that Redwall does exist. But not in the real world. I believe that there is another world that can only be reached by imagination. All of those great stories, from Cinderella to Redwall, actually did happen. BJ visited the world of Redwall by imagination, and he wrote about them, which in turn we read about. I think that every "Fictional" story that is written or told has happened in another world. Anybody could visit that world, but you need imagination to go there.
Its what I believe :)

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn on July 03, 2013, 05:16:00 PM
Me taae! Imagination iz vonderful!
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Ferrousferret

I read a fantasy author who actually had it as part of his book that his stories took place in a parallel dimension to Earth where physics were altered so magic could exist.

Then again, he also sent his villains (a militant religious order) there at the end of the series and took away their magic, their ability to live on and have an afterlife & their memories of where they came from. They went on to invent & spread Christianity...

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: HeadInAnotherGalaxy on July 03, 2013, 07:01:53 PM
Quote from: Ungatt Trunn on July 03, 2013, 05:16:00 PM
Me taae! Imagination iz vonderful!
I know! Its one thing I never want to let go of!