News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Warriors

Started by Rainshadow, July 25, 2012, 04:45:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which Warriors series is your favorite?

Warriors
5 (55.6%)
The New Prophecy
0 (0%)
The Power of Three
0 (0%)
Omen of the Stars
1 (11.1%)
Dawn of the Clans
3 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Dawnwing

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn on May 06, 2013, 10:33:53 PM
I've never heard about the Warriors series before. What is they exacly?
It's a series about four Clans of feral cats.  One day when the young housecat Rusty finally decides to explore the woods beyond his yard, he's attacked and then befriended by a kitten his age, who tells him about the forest Clans.  Graypaw's Clan leader invites Rusty to join, and after some thought, he accepts the offer.  He discovers a more exciting world than he had ever dreamed about back in his life as a human pet: he makes friends and enemies, learns to fight and hunt, discovers one cat's plot to try and take over the Clan, and more. It's expanded into quite a large series and has many fans online.   It's a little bit like Redwall, though it's not as anthropomorphized, and naturally the writing style is a lot different.  The authors actually chose the pen name "Erin Hunter" in order to put it on the shelves near Redwall. 
The first book is called "Into the Wild", if you're interested.  It may not be the best one in the series, as it's got the simplest writing style and isn't the most exciting, but it's a good introduction to the world of Warriors.  ;)

Quote from: Orinoco on May 02, 2013, 11:52:12 PM
Don't get me wrong, I love Warriors, but I think it's about time for the Erin Hunter gang to retire. There's only so much that can be done with a continuous book series.

Yeah, a lot of fans (myself included) feel the same way.  It's the publisher that continues to make them write more. 

Tiria Wildlough

In the library I go to, they're in W for Warriors. :P
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Rusvul

Uh, seven clans of cats, right? Thunderclan, Shadowclan, Riverclan, Windclan, Bloodclan, Skyclan and Starclan. Right? I read them a few years ago, I liked the stories, but they weren't well written enough to keep me interested in reading every single one of them. I didn't get to the third series, just the first two.

Rainshadow

Well, there are 4 Clans that are all together, and they're ThunderClan, ShadowClan, RiverClan and WindClan, then there's StarClan, pretty much the sort of "heaven" for the cats.  BloodClan isn't a Clan that was brought in for a long time, and it didn't live in the forest with the other Clans.  Well, sort of...  Then SkyClan is another Clan that

SkyClan
used to be with the other Clans in the forest, but their territory was taken by the Twolegs, so they were forced to leave.  They had disbanded for a while, but Firestar brought them back together in one of the Super Edition books.
[close]
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Iamthatis

I just reading the Redwall series and I have heard such great things about the Warriors series. So I made it the next series that I'm going to read. On Monday I am placing a order on Amazon for three of the Box Sets. I so can't wait.
IAMTHATIS MY SWORD SHALL WEILD FOR ME
RIP BRIAN JACQUES

Wylder Treejumper

I read the first six books, and the super edition Firestar's Quest, and loved the series. Then, I read the other books, and was disgusted. It's like they threw out all the principles of the original series, such as honor, and the Warrior Code, in order to appease critics.
I was excited for the super edition Skyclan's Destiny, so much so that I went through and read the original series and Firestar's quest in preperation for the release. Then I read it.

Do I even need to speak of my reaction?

I am terribly disappointed with the Erin Hunters (It's actually three people). They used up a good story, then stretched the series and ruined it's name for the money brought by additional books.

I haven't read Warriors for more than three years now.
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Iamthatis

I shall let you know what I think about it.
IAMTHATIS MY SWORD SHALL WEILD FOR ME
RIP BRIAN JACQUES

Rainshadow

Quote from: Wylder Treejumper on May 01, 2014, 09:07:29 PM
I read the first six books, and the super edition Firestar's Quest, and loved the series. Then, I read the other books, and was disgusted. It's like they threw out all the principles of the original series, such as honor, and the Warrior Code, in order to appease critics.
I was excited for the super edition Skyclan's Destiny, so much so that I went through and read the original series and Firestar's quest in preperation for the release. Then I read it.

Do I even need to speak of my reaction?

I am terribly disappointed with the Erin Hunters (It's actually three people). They used up a good story, then stretched the series and ruined it's name for the money brought by additional books.

I haven't read Warriors for more than three years now.

I know how you feel.  I kept with the series because it still interested me, but around the third series I was a bit bugged with how they were including magic and how they had dead cats somehow coming back to the real world.  I kept with it till the end because I'm not a quitter (and I wanted to know how they could end it in a good way), and I read the book in the newest series (Dawn of the Clans or something like that.  I read it last year.  ;)).  The new series is about the cats who live in the mountains, and I actually really enjoyed it.  I liked that it was less about StarClan and magic and dead cats and more about the cats themselves.  And they had no Warrior Code to break, so that was kinda nice.  I couldn't whip out the Warrior Code and go "THAT CAT JUST BROKE RULE SEVENTEEN!!  KILL HIM!  KILL HIM!!!!"  :P
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

The Mask

I love Warriors to the point that it's unnatural. But I kinda agree with the point that the writers should either stop or get some new ideas. Thankfully they chose the later and wrote Dawn of the Clans, which was great.
I am a squirrel, an otter, a mouse, a fox, a stoat, a ferret, a weasel, a wildcat, a hare, a hedgehog, a badger; I am the master of disguises, The Mask.

" I will burn the heart out of you." Moriarty, Sherlock

Cornflower MM

Warriors is good; but they ruined it when they started all the other Mimni-series things. :'( Oh, and Rain, you need to modify your Poll. The Erin Hunters are writing about how the Clans came to be, and are calling it The Dawn of the Clans. It's good, but not as good as the first six.

Rainshadow

Quote from: Cornflower MM on May 03, 2014, 09:02:53 PM
Oh, and Rain, you need to modify your Poll. The Erin Hunters are writing about how the Clans came to be, and are calling it The Dawn of the Clans. It's good, but not as good as the first six.

*Faceplam*  I totally forgot this was my thread.  I thought it was Dawn's thread or something.  :P  Fixed!

321tumbler

I love warriors, but I'm stuck on book four of the original series because my library doesn't have it.

Dawnwing

Quote from: Wylder Treejumper on May 01, 2014, 09:07:29 PM
It's actually more people than that.  Kate, Cherith, and Vicky are the main Warriors Erins, Tui has done a Warriors book and some Seekers, and Gillian Phillip and Inbali Iserles are the Survivors Erins.

Quote from: 321tumbler on May 04, 2014, 01:58:44 AM
I love warriors, but I'm stuck on book four of the original series because my library doesn't have it.
Ask them to do an inter-library loan?

I *finally* read the third Dawn of the Clans book today - it came out 3 weeks ago, but the bookstore had taken my phone number down wrong and I'd just thought it hadn't come in till finally I decided it had been too long and called.  It was good.  I'm still enjoying DotC, even if Vicky didn't write it.  It's still a breath of fresh air from the recent books of the Warriors series; I'm really liking the character dynamics.

321tumbler

Quote from: Dawnwing link=topic=2432.msg303762#msg303762 date=1399169917
quote author=321tumbler link=topic=2432.msg303759#msg303759 date=1399165124]
Ask them to do an inter-library loan?
[/quote]
My friend was also stuck and she finally got it in a library in a different state, but she couldn't find it. I don't know how wide a radius the inter-library loan would reach.

Cornflower MM

Quote from: 321tumbler on May 04, 2014, 01:58:44 AM

I knmow! Thankfully, my Regional Sequoia System has it somewhere.... :P