News:

Cheers to an Auspicious Autumn, Ev'rybeast! Enjoy a hot cider and the cool breezes, as the year dwindles to its end. . .

Main Menu

Horse Riding

Started by Rainshadow, July 25, 2012, 05:45:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dawnwing

I've never ridden a horse in my life, but it's something I want to try sometime.

Wisteria Wild Cat

You'll be addicted, possibly. It's amazingness!
I am so unbelievably busy at the moment, (BECAUSE I'M MOVING!!!) if you need me, which you most likely won't, PM me!

Leatho Shellhound

I just get on the horse and ride it......no tricks or any thing.
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Wisteria Wild Cat

I would love to learn trick riding, but for now I just sit back and wish to be simply near a horse. If I ever got to ride again, I would want to learn about jumping and cross country.
I am so unbelievably busy at the moment, (BECAUSE I'M MOVING!!!) if you need me, which you most likely won't, PM me!

Rainshadow

What's everyone's favorite breed of horses?  Mine so far is an Arabian or a Morab (Morgan/Arabian).
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Flandor

"Each of us is born to follow a star, be it bright and shining or dark and fated."
-Rillbrook the Wanderer, son of Rillbrook the Wanderer, Grandson of Rillbrook the Wanderer

Redwallfan7

Horses aren't one of my favorite animals, but I like the Appaloosa and paint breeds of horses. Their patterns are cool
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Rainshadow

I also really like Lipizzaner horses.

This is what a Morab is:

Chester (see first page) is a Morab.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Flandor

Lipizzaners are beautiful :)

Here's a Connemara.  There's a gentleman near me who has one, and it's really a wonderful animal :) his name is Murphy.

(This is a random pony on the internet, not Murphy)

"Each of us is born to follow a star, be it bright and shining or dark and fated."
-Rillbrook the Wanderer, son of Rillbrook the Wanderer, Grandson of Rillbrook the Wanderer

Rainshadow

Wow.  That Connemara is beautiful!  And speaking of Lipizzaners, have you ever seen Miracle of the White Stallions?  It's an old Disney movie.  This is the plot, taken from Wikipedia:

QuoteIn World War II Austria, Col. Alois Podhajsky sets out to protect his beloved Lipizzaner stallions - purebred snow-white horses with centuries of tradition - from "liberation" by the Soviet Army, and make sure that they are surrendered into safekeeping. It is known that U.S. General Patton is something of a horse fancier and might help, if he sees the stallions perform.

Flandor

Isn't it just gorgeous? I think they're the perfect build.  I want one when I have a house and after I get like ten years in at my job and get all my raises.  That color is particularly amazing though.

I have heard of that movie, actually.  My neighbor saw the Royal Lipezzaners once.  She said it was just incredible.

Rainshadow

What I think is funny is that I'm learning a bit of dressage riding, and in Miracle of the White Stallions, there's a lot of dressage!  Some of the stuff they were doing I've done or am learning to do.

Flandor

Dressage looks so challenging.  I like going to see the barrel races at the county fair; I think that's really cool. 

I only ever rode once, and the horse was very, very big.  I'd definitely prefer a smaller one or a pony next time I try.  I'm a very small guy haha.  Ive debated taking lessons but the only ones around me are for young girls...

Rainshadow

Lol, yeah, I'm going to one that's meant for handicapped riders, but I'm not handicapped.  I have a student though who is mentally handicapped.  He's something like 47 but in his mind he's 3.  Kind of awkward talking to him, but I've gotten used to it.  He's a nice man, but very hard to understand because he mumbles and grunts words.  I feel bad when I have to ask him to repeat himself several times.  I can't hear very well at times, and my student isn't helpful with that lol.

Flandor

There's one of those near me too.  I think it's a really great thing :) animals are so good as therapy for people. 

Ill probably do some more looking.  There's GOT to be a place to learn to ride for adults...