News:

Cheers to an Auspicious Autumn, Ev'rybeast! Enjoy a hot cider and the cool breezes, as the year dwindles to its end. . .

Main Menu

Horse Riding

Started by Rainshadow, July 25, 2012, 05:45:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rainshadow

Does anyone here like horse riding?  I take lessons, and I also wanted to show you some of the horses I ride.

Chester

Buddy (RIP :'()

Spice

Skeeter
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Leatho Shellhound

Yes I love riding horses!!!! But I don't get to do it very much.
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Rainshadow

I ride horses once a week.  Lately I've been learning to ride a horse named Spice.  I'm not sure if he's a pony, but he's short!  He also doesn't listen very well.  But he's very smart and can do tricks.  I've been able to get Spice to grin, bow, shake (like shaking hands), and come.  I also learned that I'm just short enough to not be able to get on him from the ground.  I kept falling off of him because I couldn't get my leg over his back.  You should have heard my teacher.  She couldn't breathe she was laughing so hard.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Leatho Shellhound

Yes... I can get on a full grown horse fine, I only wish I was able to ride them more.
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Rainshadow

How well can you ride?  I'm still working on being able to get into a canter.  All of the horses I ride are really old and can't do it very well.  Spice is the only one so far that I've seen actually doing a canter.

Redwallfan7

I don't ride, but my friend Bethany is a teacher. She teaches horse back riding to second and third kids with special needs. I don't think I'd have the patience to learn how to ride a horse, or to teach some one else how to ride one. But they are great animals in their own way. When I was younger, I had two toy horses simply because I hadn't yet realized how cool the Redwall species are. Neat photos, Rain.
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Rainshadow

Thanks!  Though I'd have to say, if you started to learn how to ride a horse, I think you'd become addicted to it and want to learn more.  That's what happened to me!

Wisteria Wild Cat

I've done lessons a while ago. I MISS THEM SO MUCH!!!! I was just getting into jumping and long canters when I had to quit. I ask my mom all the time when I can take lessons again.... Oh I want to soooooooo badly!
I am so unbelievably busy at the moment, (BECAUSE I'M MOVING!!!) if you need me, which you most likely won't, PM me!

Rainshadow

Yeah, I'm just getting into cantering and doing tricks.  The horse I ride (Spice) is incredibly annoying.  He doesn't listen to anything I say!  Oh well, I guess it's just going to take a while to ride that horse.

Wisteria Wild Cat

I know how you feel exactly. I rode a green three year-old and he threw me a few times and would never stay in a trot. It took me forever, but I finally kicked him into a fast canter. His name was Cash, and he was a light chestnut and white paint Quarter horse, but he was only 14.3 or so hands high when I stopped riding. He was a good little horse, though.
I am so unbelievably busy at the moment, (BECAUSE I'M MOVING!!!) if you need me, which you most likely won't, PM me!

Rainshadow

All of the horses I ride are really old.  They don't like to move lol.  When I used to ride Buddy, he was a snail!  Slower than one actually.

Redwallfan7

Quote from: Rainshadow on July 29, 2012, 10:37:52 PM
  All of the horses I ride are really old.  They don't like to move lol.  When I used to ride Buddy, he was a snail!  Slower than one actually.
Lol, why can't you ride young horses?
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Rainshadow

My teacher only has old horses, and old horses are much better with her students than young horses.  Most of my teacher's students are handicapped.  I'm one of the exceptions, and I also teach.  Old horses are more patient with the handicapped, while young horses aren't.

Redwallfan7

Quote from: Rainshadow on July 29, 2012, 10:59:04 PM
  My teacher only has old horses, and old horses are much better with her students than young horses.  Most of my teacher's students are handicapped.  I'm one of the exceptions, and I also teach.  Old horses are more patient with the handicapped, while young horses aren't.
oh, ok.

Flandor

I've only ever gotten to ride a horse one time.  It was very cool though and I would love to be able to do it more often.  I think horses are pretty amazing though.  My favorites are draft horses, and sturdy big ponies, like Connemara ponies.
"Each of us is born to follow a star, be it bright and shining or dark and fated."
-Rillbrook the Wanderer, son of Rillbrook the Wanderer, Grandson of Rillbrook the Wanderer