News:

Moderator activity in progress. Please, be patient. ~ Sincerely, The Staff

Main Menu

Gone

Started by Rainshadow, August 11, 2012, 09:27:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rainshadow

Shade was wandering through the woods that fine autumn day.  It was getting close to the name day feast at Redwall, and she didn't want to miss it.  She started twirling one of her knives while whistling a cheery tune.  It was nice being on her own.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Dannflower Reguba

The Wildcat was not as alone as she thought... Liesal, a swift fox, was walking along an adjacent route. Also oblivious to his nearness to other creatures.

"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Gingivere Greeneyes

As the fox walked, a shady red shape darted above him. Milo was watching him. The red squirrel was bored, and wanted to talk to the fox. Despite warnings from Redwall elders about vermin.
The squirrel leapt with the skill of a leopard to a branch in front of the fox. He hung from it by his left limbs, his right ones dangling in the air as he called to the fox. "Hello Foxy! On yer way to the Abbey?"
Sela: The leaf is Redwall, Chickemhound is the boot.
Chickenhound: I don't wanna be the boot!
Sela: Shut up your the boot. You, Cluny are the rock, and I'm the sports car.
Cluny: I wanna be the sports car!
Sela: No. I'm always the sports car. D:<

Rainshadow

Shade decided she was hungry.  She stopped and sat down, then pulled out her pot from the haversack she was carrying.  She stood up and walked over to a pool that was nearby.  Shade filled the pot and walked back to her little campsite.  She gathered some wood and started a fire.  Sticking the pot onto the fire, she started assembling a stew.  While it was cooking, Shade sat back, still whistling the tune.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Dannflower Reguba

The swift fox was good at taking things in... This was no exception, "Why yes as a matter of fact I might be." Liesal smiled at the strangeness of his own statement, "I take it that is your final destination as well?"
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Rainshadow

Ah!  The stew was done!  Shade took it off the fire, but the flame licked her paw as she was doing so.  She dropped the pot and let out a shout.  The broth in the stew fell onto the fire, letting a cloud of smoke go up.  Shade just sat there sucking on her paw.  Great, she thought.  Now if any vermin are here, they're gonna get me!

W0NWILL

Meline saw the smoke from a ways away. Finally, some food! She was hungry, it had been awhile since she robbed someone.

Rainshadow

Shade got up and grabbed her haversack.  She had to get going before somebeast came by and tried to rob her.  She set off toward the abbey.

W0NWILL

Meline trekked through Mossflower, she arrived at the camp, it was deserted. Her stomach gave a rumble, though she might be able to track a beast. She bent her muzzle close to the ground, though careful not to get dirt on it.

Dari grabbed the pan of trifle from the oven in the kitchens at Redwall. "Ooh, ahh!" He had neglected to put on oven gloves. "Ahh!" He put his claws in his mouth and sucked furiously, doing a little dance of pain.

Rainshadow

Shade was singing - well, mumbling - a song to herself as she went.

"I know a ditty nutty as a fruitcake
Goofy as a goon and silly as a loon
Some call it pretty, others call it crazy
But they all sing this tune:
Mairzy doats and dozy doats and liddle lamzy divey
A kiddley divey too, wouldn't you?
Yes! Mairzy doats and dozy doats and liddle lamzy divey
A kiddley divey too, wouldn't you?
If the words sound queer and funny to your ear, a little bit jumbled and jivey
Sing "Mares eat oats and does eat oats and little lambs eat ivy"
Oh! Mairzy doats and dozy doats and liddle lamzy divey
A kiddley divey too, wouldn't you-oo?
A kiddley divey too, wouldn't you?"

Hmm, she thought.  Where did I hear that song?  Odd lyrics.

OOC:  For those of you who don't know this song, it's called Mares Eat Oats.  You should look it up.  It's a weird but funny song.

W0NWILL

Meline was a skilled tracker, and she had soon picked up Shade's trail. She broke into a steady lope, pausing or slowing down every now and then to recheck the tracks. She knew that she was following a cat, so she should be careful, since cats were dangerous beasts.

Rainshadow

Shade stopped for a second and took a whiff of air.  Stoat!  She broke into a run.

W0NWILL

Meline saw a flash of fur ahead in the trees, and heard a branch snap, "I got you! You give me your food!" She sprinted after Shade, careful not to scratch herself on overhanging branches.

Rainshadow

Shade took out her dagger and spun around, facing the stoat.  "Who are you an' what are you doin' followin' me?  I don' got much food, so I can't share any o' i'!"

W0NWILL

Meline froze, she hadn't reckoned with dealing with an angry cat. She drew her dagger as a precaution, "I'm hungry." She whimpered.