News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

The most random thread ever!!!

Started by Icefire, July 04, 2011, 04:53:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jetthebinturong

"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jetthebinturong

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jetthebinturong

Do you want to know what it MEANS though?

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jetthebinturong

Homestuck Act 4

So most of Homestuck is based in this game called Sburb with planets ruled over by characters who are like chess pieces. In Sburb there is a thing called a Kernelsprite which functions as the player's guide, so long as something with sentience is dropped in it. This is called prototyping, and it augments the King and Queen of each chess team with the abilities and attributes of what is prototyped, turning them into the final bosses of the game.

In one particular game of Sburb - the one in the human's story - a one-armed harlequin, a Cthulhu-princess and a dead bird were all prototyped pre-entry to the game. One of the chess pieces, an agent (high-ranking black pawns) named Jack Noir who was the head paperwork guy got mad because he had to dress up in stupid clothes so he killed the Black Queen and took her ring, prototyping him instead. He quickly killed the Black King and tried to kill the White monarchs, though they wound up exiled instead. The prototyping turned him into an omnicidal maniac, so he set about butchering pawns and stuff, though that may just have been to crush the combined black/white rebellion.

After that, Becquerel, Earth's "first guardian" and a semi-omnipotent dog, prototyped itself to save it's master, Jade Harley, from death as the sprite powers it gained allowed it to channel its power more effectively. That meant Jack Noir gained the powers of the semi-omnipotent dog, which drove him completely insane and made his appetite for murder insatiable so he went around killing the players of the game, who were thirteen year-old children.
[close]

Oh wow. You know, when you're actually reading it, it never seems that complicated, but then you try to explain and it sounds completely insane.

James Gryphon

I have to get a 80 or above on this test to get a mediocre grade on this course. I'm a bit nervous.
« Subject to editing »

Rosie Willowwater

Aimless Gallivanter

im gay!!!!!!

Jetthebinturong

GALLI! IDENTIFY EVERY HOMESTUCK THING IN THAT GIF!

The Skarzs

Quote from: Jet the binturong on August 12, 2016, 01:59:52 AM
Homestuck Act 4

So most of Homestuck is based in this game called Sburb with planets ruled over by characters who are like chess pieces. In Sburb there is a thing called a Kernelsprite which functions as the player's guide, so long as something with sentience is dropped in it. This is called prototyping, and it augments the King and Queen of each chess team with the abilities and attributes of what is prototyped, turning them into the final bosses of the game.

In one particular game of Sburb - the one in the human's story - a one-armed harlequin, a Cthulhu-princess and a dead bird were all prototyped pre-entry to the game. One of the chess pieces, an agent (high-ranking black pawns) named Jack Noir who was the head paperwork guy got mad because he had to dress up in stupid clothes so he killed the Black Queen and took her ring, prototyping him instead. He quickly killed the Black King and tried to kill the White monarchs, though they wound up exiled instead. The prototyping turned him into an omnicidal maniac, so he set about butchering pawns and stuff, though that may just have been to crush the combined black/white rebellion.

After that, Becquerel, Earth's "first guardian" and a semi-omnipotent dog, prototyped itself to save it's master, Jade Harley, from death as the sprite powers it gained allowed it to channel its power more effectively. That meant Jack Noir gained the powers of the semi-omnipotent dog, which drove him completely insane and made his appetite for murder insatiable so he went around killing the players of the game, who were thirteen year-old children.
[close]

Oh wow. You know, when you're actually reading it, it never seems that complicated, but then you try to explain and it sounds completely insane.
Very much so.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Aimless Gallivanter

@Jet the binturong I typed the whole thing out and accidentally pushed back and lost all my work cuz I'm on my phone and i can't do it again. just understand that i know all the references.
im gay!!!!!!

Cornflower MM

Hey, I haven't gotten very far in Homestuck but I see some!

Hickory

I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.