News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Verdauga, 2024

Main Menu

The most random thread ever!!!

Started by Icefire, July 04, 2011, 04:53:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jetthebinturong

Forgive my ignorance, but who is Scarlett O'Hara? I'm assuming she's from some classic (I don't typically read classics)
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Cornflower MM

Quote from: Banya on August 26, 2016, 11:49:03 PM
Quote from: Peony on August 26, 2016, 06:09:49 PM
Ugh, I just took a 'who's your Southern alter ego' quiz and got, of all people, Scarlett O'Hara. I can't stand Scarlett.
I love Scarlett O'Hara. :) She's the strongest female protagonist I've ever discovered in literature. Elizabeth from Pride and Prejudice and Janie from Their Eyes Were Watching God are the runner-ups.

You actually like that selfish, whiny spoiled brat? Okay. . . . .

Quote from: Jet the binturong on August 27, 2016, 12:23:03 AM
Forgive my ignorance, but who is Scarlett O'Hara? I'm assuming she's from some classic (I don't typically read classics)

She's from Gone With The Wind. It's really not that bad of a book, I like it. . . Just can't stand the main character. (Scarlett) :P

Banya

@Jet: She's the protagonist of Gone with the Wind. She's a Southern belle from the American Civil War era.

@Corn: I like her because she's selfish. Throughout the story, everything she had, from the people she loved to the places she called home, were being taken from her. Her selfishness was her refusal to lose everything and everyone she held dear. She stole her sisters' fiance so that she could have the financial stability to support her sisters and children and keep her home and keep her family together. She felt disdain for other girls her age because of their happiness and because society at the time had strict expectations for widows that she, as an extroverted, social teenage girl, didn't want to meet. She was raised spoiled, but after the war breaks out in the first chapter, she quickly learns to forego luxuries and work hard to provide support for others. She does whine and complain, but firstly, she's a teenage girl who's been thrown into circumstances unfamiliar to her, and secondly, her whining doesn't stop her from taking action. She's headstrong and motivated and hardworking, and I admire her.

Jetthebinturong

Ah. Gone With the Wind. I'll take a point for being right about it being a classic.  :P

The Skarzs

I've not even read it. Not much into classics.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Delthion

Little Women, Anne of Green Gables, Pride and Prejudice, are all classics. (I think.)  And I love all of them! ;D
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Lady Ashenwyte

Quote from: Jet the binturong on August 26, 2016, 06:06:59 PM
I think the image format in Brocktress' art thread and Ash's minis crashes my browser.

Really? Did it crash before yesterday?
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Jetthebinturong

No. (Not on your thread anyway).

Lady Ashenwyte

Quote from: Jet the binturong on August 27, 2016, 01:06:06 PM
No. (Not on your thread anyway).

Ah. It may be an issue with me using Imgur upload the pics.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Jetthebinturong

I see.

I had the weirdest dream last night. For some reason Troye Sivan went to my college and we were friends and he started singing Happy Little Pill and someone said "I love that song" and I was like "he's the artist" and they got really embarrassed and then Troye Sivan disappeared and we walked outside and he was sitting with the popular kids.

IT WAS SO WEIRD.

Groddil

10:30 pm on the first night of Winter that's actually remotely cold. Even though Winter's over in less than a week. Hmm. Dog's all snuggled up on my bed. :P

Hickory

@Jet: Ever seen Final Destination? I had a dream relating to that.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Jetthebinturong

Quote from: Sagetip on August 27, 2016, 01:50:26 PM
@Jet: Ever seen Final Destination? I had a dream relating to that.

That's not that weird. Dreams about dying in horrible ways are like a staple of dream psychology or whatever you want to call it.

Random nonsensical dreams are weird.

*Sigh* Every day I don't make my Cinder review is another day I'm not reading Skulduggery Pleasant.

Jukka the Sling

Quote from: Delthion on August 27, 2016, 04:00:01 AM
Little Women, Anne of Green Gables, Pride and Prejudice, are all classics. (I think.)  And I love all of them! ;D
*quotes this so Del can never remove it*
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Delthion

I had and still have no intention of removing that! ;D
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.