News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Verdauga, 2024

Main Menu

The most random thread ever!!!

Started by Icefire, July 04, 2011, 04:53:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Skarzs

Quote from: James Gryphon on September 03, 2016, 02:29:39 PM
The special event we've been talking about for some time (several months) is very close to being publicly revealed.
Exciting.

Quote from: Wylder Treejumper on September 03, 2016, 07:58:12 AM
OOH! New feature! "Status..."
Wut.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

James Gryphon

« Subject to editing »

LT Sandpaw

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Aimless Gallivanter

Quote from: Aimless Gallivanter on August 31, 2016, 10:49:49 PM
@James Gryphon and I dont remember who else lives in Texas :U Whoops
This is a bit of transcript from a podcast that I listen to. Needless to say, I thought of you Texans.

"The average flag size in Texas is so much bigger than anywhere else. Yeah, I know the usual joke, but...really, what is it about Texas that makes them want their flags so big? American flags the size of minivans, the size of small houses, waving from car dealerships and libraries.
There is something to be said, obviously, about insecurity. The wisdom is that the most performatively loud person at the party is the most insecure. And Texas is nothing if not performatively loud – their threats of secession, the bluster that permeates their politics, and of course, these huge flags.
And then you see the countryside of Texas, and...maybe you understand a bit. Because it is beautiful, sure, but a lot of it is empty. Empty in a way that feels heavy. Like the big cities in Texas are just fronts to hide that it's mostly an empty state, with a population trying to be as loud as possible so no one will notice that all of them live tucked away in the east.
All hail West Texas, right?
I mean, most of this could be said about America as a whole, and probably should be, but I'm not in America right now. I'm in Texas."

Alice Isn't Dead Part 1, Chapter 10: Let's Break Into A Police Station
@James and the others Texans did you guys ever read this?
im gay!!!!!!

LT Sandpaw

Yes. I didn't agree with it, and I saw no reason to comment on it. Its an opinion I disagree with, nothing more. ;)

Aimless Gallivanter

I just thought it was interesting and wanted to share : P  i thought the last little bit was kinda funny tho :)
"I'm not in America right now. I'm in Texas."
im gay!!!!!!

LT Sandpaw

I don't get that. Most Texans, excluding nationalists are the biggest patriots. We have a lot of Texan flags sure, but usually they are always flown just below a massive American flag as well.

I'm not mad Galli, I'm glad you shared it. I just don't think whoever made that quote in a podcast really understands Texan pride.  :)

Delthion

@Eul, I challenge you to a duel!

(Wait, that rhymed! ;D)

Do you accept?
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Eulaliaaa!

Del, if you insist on a duel I will humor you and accept. But be aware of the fact that I cannot be beat for I am the Queen and you will only be embarrassing yourself. Challenge accepted, little one.
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

Delthion

Is it bad that on the Who's Online someone got on the main page and I read "Hedges of the Abbey Loam." ;D
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Wylder Treejumper

"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Ze Antz gae marchin' ten by ten 'urrah, 'urrah. Ze Antz gae marchin' ten by ten 'urrah, 'urrah...
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

The Skarzs

The ants go marching ten by ten, the little one stops to EAT A HEN.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Delthion

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

..Und zey av keep marchin' on.... *Antz take oot picnic bazket und ztart eatin' lunch* ..or nae.....
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.