News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Favorite Quotes

Started by Rainshadow, September 14, 2012, 11:59:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rakkety tam

''my heart is ruled by venus and my head by mars" warriors by thin lizzy ( its a song )

"the awnser to life and everything is 42" the hitchikers guide to the galaxy

"Oh Shenandoah I hear you calling
Far away you rolling river
Roll down the mountain side
On down on down go lassie go"     black rose by thin lizzy ( its a song)

"
There are those that will go to heaven
There are those that will never win
No one knows what will happen
There are those that turn to sin"        holy war by thin lizzy ( its a song)

"Through the devil's canyon
Across the battlefield
Death has no companion
The spirit is forced to yield"    massacre by thin lizzy ( its a song)

"Then onward over the mountain
And outward towards the sea
They had come to claim the Emerald
Without it they could not leave "        emerald by thin lizzy ( its a song )

yeah i like alot of songs by thin lizzy haha :)

rock'n'roll  will survive

25% nerd 25% redneck 25% rocker 25% Redwaller  100% me

If war must come, let it come during my generation, so that my children will know peace

Romsca

From Brave:

Elinor: Project, Merida, or it is all for naught!
Merida: (muttering) This is all for naught!
Elinor: I heard that!

W0NWILL

Actually, the Devil gave humans critical thinking, which God didn't want. God didn't want us to eat from the tree of knowledge so we could be thought-slaves for eternity, but the devil did us a favor and turned the tables with a single conversation.
Also, the Devil killed about ten people in the Bible. God killed somewhere around two point three million.
He understands human nature, and doesn't judge you for being human.
He accepts God's unwanted children unconditionally.
And yet, he's still the evil one. Why? Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

Or neither the Devil nor God exist.

~Unknown

I really don't care if I get a lot of hate for that quote. Say what you will. But note that I have not posted this to hate on theists, but to state part of my thought processes.

Leatho Shellhound

:(

I feel really sorry for you W0NWILL, you're blind. You can not see. I only hope I will not see you before God, condemned.
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

W0NWILL

In the end, it doesn't really matter if I worshiped, as long as I've lived a good life, helping others. (Rest of the quote removed)

So, say what you will, I'll just live by this, and do good things. I also think I'll stop posting before this turns into an argument, which probably wouldn't make the mods happy.

Rainshadow

Won, could you please not post quotes like this on this topic?  You may have not posted them out of hate for all people who believe in God, but it still can be considered offensive and can cause others to feel put down and such.  It can be the cause of arguments, which is not the purpose of this thread.  Please don't post stuff like that.  You're entitled to your opinion, sure, but saying stuff like in your last post

Quote from: W0NWILL on April 03, 2013, 04:19:40 AM
If God casts me to hell despite my good deeds, then I really don't see that he deserves my worship anyway.

is quite hurtful to others.  There are those of us who believe that the God we worship is worthy of our praise, and while you may not believe that, there's no need to thrust your beliefs on us.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

KitrallStreamrippler

Quote from: W0NWILL on April 03, 2013, 04:19:40 AM
I think I'll stop posting before this turns into an argument, which probably wouldn't make the mods happy.
That's probably a good idea- I would hate to see an argument arise over religious beliefs/non-beliefs. I appreciate your point of view and understand it, though I don't personally agree. It can take a lot of guts to stand up for your views, especially when they're different from the majority. * Which reminds me of a quote I like, actually. :)
"We claim the privilege of worshipping the Almighty God according to the dictates of our own conscience, and allow all men the same privilege: let them worship how, where, or what they may."
~Article of Faith 11, written by Joseph Smith.
I like this because it basically says that we will practice our beliefs, but we also try to respect other people's.
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight!

Lily

Quote from: Redwall Abbey on June 22, 2011, 09:55:58 PM
2.  Everyone is entitled to their own belief in politics and religion, and that must be respected. But because of the volatile nature of these discussion topics, please refrain from posting topics about controversial subjects (ie: politics, religion, etc..). These subjects are not banned in general conversations, however, they will be heavily moderated to ensure that they do not get out of hand. The forum staff reserves the right to judge to determine whether a topic or discussion falls under this rule.

Like the rule says, these topics aren't banned, but they are heavily moderated because every time they're brought up someone is offended. As such, I'm going to ask everyone to please say no more on the topic. This thread is for people to post their favourite quotes, whatever they may be.

...which means that my favourite quote is apparently rule number 2. ;)

Tiria Wildlough

Quote from: Leatho Shellhound on April 03, 2013, 04:11:24 AM
:(

I feel really sorry for you W0NWILL, you're blind. You can not see. I only hope I will not see you before God, condemned.
Excuse me, I don't think that's very helpful or nice. It doesn't give a very good example of Christians. :(
Anyway, never mind. Here's a quote.

"They turned to Angel. "We will call you Little One," the leader said, obviously deciding to dispense with the whole confusing name thing.
"Okay," said Angel agreeably. "I'll call you Guy in a White Lab Coat." He frowned.
"That can be his Indian name," I suggested."

-Maximum Ride ;D
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Romsca on April 02, 2013, 11:08:04 PM

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn on April 02, 2013, 07:39:52 PM
"Wisdom isn't knowing when to take a life, but when not to take a life"
-Gandolf
Now, that's something that all the warriors in the Redwall series should take to heart!

I knew it was from Lord of the Rings!
Actully, it was from The Hobbit. But it's still a very good thing to keep to heart.

Life is too short to rush through it.

KitrallStreamrippler

@ Tiria: I love that part! ;D (Maximum Ride is awesome!)

Here's another Max Ride quote, from when they have to go through military training. :D
Q: You're presented with a smooth-faced, eight-foot-high wooden wall. Your objective? Get over it. To, like, save comrades or something. How to accomplish this?

A: Take a running start, brace one foot against the wall, throw one hand to the top, try to hang on long enough for a comrade to either grab your hand at the top or for another comrade to push your butt up from below. It takes team work!

BKA (bird kid answer): Or you could just, like, fly over it.
— James Patterson, Max
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight!

Norham Waterpaw

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in fruit salad.

-Unknown.
Hey you! What? Expecting a great quote or some heart-warming poem? Too bad, my signature is just boring. Stop reading it. Stop it. Why are you still reading it?

WarriorOfMossflower

Fang: "Man, you weigh a freaking ton! What have you been eating, rocks?
Max: "Why, is your head missing some?"
-James Patterson, The Angel Experiment

I love Maximum Ride!  ;D
In process of rekindling my love for Redwall.

KitrallStreamrippler

"You...are...a...fridge...with wings," Fang ground out, punching an Eraser hard with every word. "We're...freaking...ballet...dancers."

"And you're blind?"
"Uh-huh," Iggy said, trying to sound bored.
"Were you born that way?"
"No."
"How did you become blind, uh, Jeff, is it?"
"Yeah, Jeff. Well, I looked directly at the sun, you know, the way they always tell you not to. If only I had listened."

WarriorOfMossflower

"I vill now destroy the Snickuhs bahs!"
lol, I think that's from Maximum Ride: Saving the World and Other Extreme Sports Correct me if I'm wrong.
In process of rekindling my love for Redwall.