News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Favorite Quotes

Started by Rainshadow, September 14, 2012, 11:59:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wylder Treejumper

An unliterary man may be defined as one who reads books once only.
     -C. S. Lewis

Language most shows a man; speak, that I may see thee.
     -Ben Johnson
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Tungro

"there is nothing outside of yourself that can ever enable you to get better, stronger, richer, quicker, or smarter. Everything is within. Everything exists. Seek nothing outside of yourself."

"Get beyond love and grief: exist for the good of Man."

"All man are the same except for their belief in their own selves, regardless of what others may think of them"

"To become the enemy, see yourself as the enemy of the enemy"

"No man is invincible, and therefore no man can fully understand that which would make him invincible"

Miyamoto Musashi, A Book of Five Rings (1645)

Ebantu the Kararehe

Littlest Brother: Captain America. Captain America...and Ironman...and Hulk...
Mum: It sounds like you've got the Avengers down pat. And Thor?
Littlest Brother: And Gandalf...

:laugh:
Infant Ebby is a smol, out-of-control firebending terror. It's a good thing she's also quite cute.

May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
And rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

shisteer of nothing much

That child is a genius.
    I have a shiny thing! See?

And another shiny thing:

And also some random, unnecessary coding.[/li][/list]

Long live the RRR!

One-Eye the wildcat

If disney continues it's current trend of buying any fanchise that exists, that could be terrifyingly possible.
"What will become of us? Where will we go, we who wander this vast wasteland in search of our better selves?"

"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order, and everything becomes chaos. I'm an agent of chaos."
Long live the RRR!!

Sebias of Redwall

"I can only speak two languages. English and rubbish." ~Brian Jacques

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

Tinarandel

"I do not know anything with certainty, but seeing the stars makes me dream."~Vincent Van Gogh.
"The oldest and greatest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and greatest kind of fear is fear of the unknown."~H.P. Lovecraft.

"Try not to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself."~William Faulkner.

"Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, when one only remembers to turn on the light."~Albus Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.

"Knowledge is a weapon. I intend to be formidably armed." ~Terry Goodkind.

Sebias of Redwall

"Most folks are as happy as they make up their minds to be." - Abraham Lincoln.

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

MathLuk

When you think about it, we're all different people all through our lives, and that's okay, that's good, you gotta keep moving, so long as you remember all the people that you used to be.

- The Eleventh Doctor, The Time of the Doctor
By what strange trick of fate do our paths cross anew?

Link to the Redwall Readership Restorers: https://discord.gg/frYkSzE

Jetthebinturong

"There are some corners of the universe which have bred the most terrible things. Things that act against everything that we believe in. They must be fought!"
~ The Second Doctor, Doctor Who: The Moonbase

"In all my travellings throughout the universe I have battled against evil. Against power mad conspirators. I should have stayed here! The oldest civilisation - decadent, degenerate, and rotten to the core! Power mad conspirators? Daleks, Sontarans, Cybermen. They're still in the nursery compared to us! Ten million years of absolute power - that's what it takes to be really corrupt!"
~ The Sixth Doctor, Doctor Who: The Trial of a Time Lord

"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Verdauga

"This isn't about winning or losing. It's about me taking you on right here and right now!" -Mumen Rider, One Punch Man.
Killing the mood since 2019

Thanks for the artwork Lass, Scott, and Wortshire! (And Dannflower as well for the Worldstate badge.)

Sebias of Redwall

"I is the bestest eagle." -Kew-Kew.

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

MathLuk

Do not seek forgiveness, for it would not ease the burden. It weighs as it should.

-Fray, Final Fantasy XIV

Sebias of Redwall

"Your story may not have such a happy beginning, but that doesn't make you who you are. It is the rest of your story, who you choose to be." - Kung Fu Panda 2.

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

MathLuk

Through the laughter and the tears, through the smiles and the anger, I know that I'll keep changing. This is my story. It'll be a good one.

-Yuna, Final Fantasy X-2