Do/Have you homeschooled?

I have forever!
never
I did, then school, then homeschooled
School, Homeschool,School
School, then Homeschooled from then on
Homeschooled, then school from then on

Romsca

ACE sounds horrible. I never had to do that in all the years I was homeschooled (K-8). I used Saxon math and mostly everything else was aBeka. ABeka was a little annoying, but it doesn't sound nearly as bad as ACE. :-X I also was homeschooled for a few classes the first two years of high school. For those years, I used Seton for English. They made me do a lot of writing (which I HATED) but it made me a better writer in the end

I read a lot on my own, especially if the books I have to read are terrible. When I was twelve (almost thirteen) right before the start of eighth grade, I read the Three Musketeers :D

The only books I have had to read for school that I didn't like were A Farewell to Arms and Utopia, both this year :-X

Faiyloe

I think the best part about home school is that you can go at your own pace my little brother is in kindergarten and he is a math genius (Takes after my dad) He already understands multiplication, division, and a little bit of Squaring and Square rooting. Like I said he is a genius. I on the other hand I am stuck with Saxon Geometry.   
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

Gonff the Mousethief

I have never been home schooled.
I went to public school (k-3)
and I am now in private school!
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Amarith Waterspring

I have been homeschooled my intire life except for 5th grade which I have just started this year. I am really glad I homeschooled and I wouldn't take back a moment of it! But I am also glad that I had the chance to see what school was really like. Now I can't make up my mind on whether to stay at school or go back to being a homeschooler! Life is full of hard decisions...
Rosie is weird,
Violets are weirder,
I can't rhyme,
Potato.

Jukka the Sling

Quote from: Romsca on January 06, 2014, 10:11:40 PM
ACE sounds horrible. I never had to do that in all the years I was homeschooled (K-8). I used Saxon math and mostly everything else was aBeka. ABeka was a little annoying, but it doesn't sound nearly as bad as ACE. :-X
Well, ACE isn't that bad. Usually. (Though they do have a lot of repetition.) It's just fun to make fun of. Isn't Saxon worse? :P

Quote from: Romsca on January 06, 2014, 10:11:40 PM
The only books I have had to read for school that I didn't like were A Farewell to Arms and Utopia, both this year :-X
I'm reading Utopia this year, and it's pretty interesting.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

The Skarzs

I don't like the Saxon geometry; Teaching Textbooks is better.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jukka the Sling

Yay, another homeschooler!
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

BlueRose

I was homeschooled most of my life, except for 5th and 6th grade, when I was in private school, and 8th and 9th grade, when I was in public school. I hated public school, so I'm finishing up my high school career in home school.
Was anyone else on the old DAB forum, circa 2009? I was recently reminded of it, lol.

Bitterly jittery, and not very glittery.

The Skarzs

I hate public school. Part of it is disliking crowds, and the other part is the overall disrespectful attitude that seems always present there. Admittedly, they do sometimes get more work done, when at home it can be distracting.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Kera Thorn Bladewind

I'm homeschooled! It's pretty epic. (Hey, at least this way I can update my fanfictions... otherwise I'd be so drained from being around people that I'd never get anything done. I don't mind people online, but in real life they drain me.)
I use the Robinson Curriculum(which no one has ever heard of). 8)

BlueRose

I hated public school because I didn't think that I was learning everything that I could learn. I finished all of my assignments after 30 minutes, and then had nothing to do for the rest of the class time. As a home schooler, I can finish my assignments and then do something fun!

I use Timberdoodle, in case anyone wanted to know. They don't have a 'Literature' section though... At least, not for Sophomores.
Was anyone else on the old DAB forum, circa 2009? I was recently reminded of it, lol.

The Skarzs

Is Timberdoodle an online schooling site?
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

BlueRose

Nope! It's a place that helps you set up your curriculum for the year. They send a planner and everything!

The Skarzs

Cool. I use an online curriculum; it helps me sneak on the forum here sometimes ;D. Of course, the homework keeps me pretty busy.  :P
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

BlueRose

Haha. I just make sure that I finish my schoolwork quickly, and then I have as much time as I want to play on the forums. :P