News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

The video game topic

Started by Matthias720, June 15, 2011, 07:26:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phoenixfoden

Quote from: Norham Waterpaw on September 29, 2013, 01:30:48 PM
Cool.  :)

Well, a few days ago, I killed (in a game) a giant war-walker ( which I thought were invincible), and in fact, I killed 3 of them. After I did so, a new door opened for me. It contained several new weapons, lots of med-kits, and lots of bombs. It even had a teleporter that shot me from level 3 to 5 ( skipping 4 completely) and as soon as I got to level 5, I accidentally dropped a nail bomb, and died.

So, pretty much, I don't think I've rage-quitted a game that badly since Majora's Mask. (I might explain that one later.)  ;D
i broke the rb button on an xbox controller rage quiting while playing with one of my unbeatable freinds,,didint play halo for weeks after that!

Norham Waterpaw

Quote from: Rainshadow on September 29, 2013, 11:22:59 PM
  Ouch!  Lol, I can see why you'd quit.  ;)

Well, I decided to dust off my copy of Wind Waker today, and after playing it for an hour or so, I decided to let it gather some more dust.  I did a sort of rage-quit because I was almost to the boss in the Forbidden Fortress, when I got discovered by the guards.  No biggie, I tried again.  I almost got to the door (in the same room), when I was discovered by the guards.  Pretty annoying, but I figured I may as well try again.  Third time's the charm, right?  Wrong.  I got into the same room, again, and, again, got discovered by the guards.  After being thrown in the cell (I know pretty much every inch of that room now), I calmly saved and quit, then threw my remote on the ground and shut off the Wii.  No more Zelda for me today!

Ooh, yay, Forsaken Fortress. My favorite.  :P

It was never hard for me to slip by the guards, but the spotlights got me a good bit.
So, have you beaten the Forsaken Fortress before, or is this the first try?
Hey you! What? Expecting a great quote or some heart-warming poem? Too bad, my signature is just boring. Stop reading it. Stop it. Why are you still reading it?

Rainshadow

Quote from: Norham Waterpaw on September 30, 2013, 12:35:23 AM
Quote from: Rainshadow on September 29, 2013, 11:22:59 PM
  Ouch!  Lol, I can see why you'd quit.  ;)

Well, I decided to dust off my copy of Wind Waker today, and after playing it for an hour or so, I decided to let it gather some more dust.  I did a sort of rage-quit because I was almost to the boss in the Forbidden Fortress, when I got discovered by the guards.  No biggie, I tried again.  I almost got to the door (in the same room), when I was discovered by the guards.  Pretty annoying, but I figured I may as well try again.  Third time's the charm, right?  Wrong.  I got into the same room, again, and, again, got discovered by the guards.  After being thrown in the cell (I know pretty much every inch of that room now), I calmly saved and quit, then threw my remote on the ground and shut off the Wii.  No more Zelda for me today!

Ooh, yay, Forsaken Fortress. My favorite.  :P

It was never hard for me to slip by the guards, but the spotlights got me a good bit.
So, have you beaten the Forsaken Fortress before, or is this the first try?

I have at least once, but it was at least a year ago, so I've kinda lost my touch.  ;)
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Norham Waterpaw

Ah. Yeah, I'm finding all the Triforce shards in the second mode.
Hey you! What? Expecting a great quote or some heart-warming poem? Too bad, my signature is just boring. Stop reading it. Stop it. Why are you still reading it?

Dawnwing

Quote from: Norham Waterpaw on September 29, 2013, 03:07:43 AM
Does anyone on here have Steam?
Yep, I don't use the social features on it though, just play games.

I've been dividing my time between Assassin's Creed 2, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, and Guild Wars 2.  Not that I've had much time for gaming lately, but yeah.  I also play a mobile card trading/battling game called Rage of Bahamut, am part of a team of about 30 people and am considered one of the team leaders. 

Blaggut

Quote from: Norham Waterpaw on September 29, 2013, 01:30:48 PM
Cool.  :)

Well, a few days ago, I killed (in a game) a giant war-walker ( which I thought were invincible), and in fact, I killed 3 of them. After I did so, a new door opened for me. It contained several new weapons, lots of med-kits, and lots of bombs. It even had a teleporter that shot me from level 3 to 5 ( skipping 4 completely) and as soon as I got to level 5, I accidentally dropped a nail bomb, and died.

So, pretty much, I don't think I've rage-quitted a game that badly since Majora's Mask. (I might explain that one later.)  ;D

What game Is the one you rage quit on, with war walkers?
~Just a soft space boi~

Norham Waterpaw

Teleglitch: Die more Edition

Emperor Ublaz

I like Age of Empires and adventure/shooter games the best.
Myst is the best puzzle game EVER!!!

You can win by losing. Jesus did.

Why are you looking
So intently at the beans
While they are sleeping?
               --haiku by me

Linux is GREAT!!!

Firehawke

Anyone else looking forward to Pokémon X & Y or Hometown Story???
The knitting, crochecting, Zoo Tycoon playing, frog loving member!

The Shade

Quote from: Dawnwing on September 30, 2013, 03:20:29 AM
Quote from: Norham Waterpaw on September 29, 2013, 03:07:43 AM
Does anyone on here have Steam?
Yep, I don't use the social features on it though, just play games.

I've been dividing my time between Assassin's Creed 2, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, and Guild Wars 2.  Not that I've had much time for gaming lately, but yeah.  I also play a mobile card trading/battling game called Rage of Bahamut, am part of a team of about 30 people and am considered one of the team leaders. 

Do you have any other AC games? Just curious.
They told me I was gullible. I believed them.

It is well known that 47% of statistics are made up on the spot.

I used to leave out half my sentances, but now I

Dawnwing

Quote from: Firehawke on September 30, 2013, 07:12:28 PM
Anyone else looking forward to Pokémon X & Y or Hometown Story???
Yep! I preordered my Pokemon X yesterday.  Hoping that Gamestop will actually have the poster as promised - I had preordered Ocarina of Time 3D there and they did not. :/

Quote from: The Shade on September 30, 2013, 07:28:44 PM
Quote from: Dawnwing on September 30, 2013, 03:20:29 AM

I've been dividing my time between Assassin's Creed 2, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, and Guild Wars 2. 

Do you have any other AC games? Just curious.
Just the first one - I got #1 and #2 during the Steam summer sale for $5 each.    I got interested in the series thanks to this video (this guy writes songs based on video games - if you've read the Skyrim thread, I've posted a couple Skyrim ones there):

Redwaller

Quote from: Emperor Ublaz on September 30, 2013, 04:56:23 PM
I like Age of Empires and adventure/shooter games the best.
Yay! Someone who plays AoE! Which one do you play?

Norham Waterpaw

For you people thinking about getting link between worlds, I'm going to rant on why not.

Well for starters, it's just Link to the past. That's right, the same game, but with a 2D
Mode! Why would you want to become 2D? The graphics are bad enough.
Same enemies, same places, same pixels, if you will. Same plot, same old LTTP.

In essence, buy A Link to the Past, not some stupid spin-off.

Shadowed One

I play SWTOR, LOTRO, Age of Empires III, Civilization 4, Star Wars Battlefront, and a bunch of other games.
Martin the Warrior is way more epic than Mickey Mouse. Anyone who says otherwise is insane, or just wrong.

"I'm languishing in heroic obscurity!"-Doc

Gears

Anyone tried STALKER Call of Pripyat? It's awesome if you're into tense monster-y shooty bandit-y gunplay. :D It's pretty sweet. Beware though, for those who like good graphics, this game is pretty ugly. There's about 400 mods to fix that though.
Yeah, I do stuff sometimes.