News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

ghosts

Started by blindsimeonjtp, December 28, 2012, 03:03:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redwallfan7

I never have believed in ghosts, and I never will. I just think the "ghosts" on documentaries like ghost hunters are nothing but tricks of the camera.
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

W0NWILL

Well, there's more than that. They can be hoaxes, tricks of the light, or simple misconceptions. I don't believe in ghosts any more than creationism, the loch ness monster, or trolls. The reason is the same for all of these; there is simply not enough provable, siteable evidence to change my opinion regarding any of these. I don't care if you believe in Nessie, but you cannot give me good enough evidence so that I would believe in Nessie as well.

Redwaller

Quote from: winifred on December 30, 2012, 03:35:34 AM
I don't believe in the following:
UFOs
Aliens
Loch ness
Bigfoot
Ghosts
Spooks
The Boogie Man ;D
Evolution
Mythical creatures-allthough I do enjoy them ;)

Give me some more, please :D
Me too. It's all fake and rubbish!  >:(

blindsimeonjtp

gee my feelings are really hurt NOT

blindsimeonjtp

im sorry i started this thread.

Rainshadow

Aw, it's fine.  It was a good way to see how many people thought that myths were true or not.  ;)  And Tiria, I said that aliens are true because I am one.  I'm a Martian.  :P  Lol.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

AxeHound

Yeah. And I'm Gallifreyan!

(please do not send me the pm game messages)

W0NWILL

Quote from: Redwaller on December 30, 2012, 01:36:01 PM
Quote from: winifred on December 30, 2012, 03:35:34 AM
I don't believe in the following:
UFOs
Aliens
Loch ness
Bigfoot
Ghosts
Spooks
The Boogie Man ;D
Evolution
Mythical creatures-allthough I do enjoy them ;)

Give me some more, please :D
Me too. It's all fake and rubbish!  >:(

...So much for respecting other people's points of view. Happen to see the part which says evolution? It's fine that you don't believe it, but to openly say something so offending, that's another thing. I won't post again to this thread because I'm sure that people will take this post badly.

Redwaller

Well, when you say that ghosts don't exist, if someone believes in them, it'll offend him.

W0NWILL

Breaking that promise, not exactly. I was 100% fine with Winifred posting that, because she didn't have to emphasise it. Most people would be fine with someone saying they have different beliefs, as long as the other person doesn't look down on them.

Redwaller

Look, I don't believe that. And you don't believe in other stuff. So let's keep it there.  :)

W0NWILL

Agreed, though atheism isn't considered a belief.  :P That promise is down the drain.

Redwaller

Well, it may not be considered a belief, but you do believe in stuff, don't you, so it's a belief.

blindsimeonjtp

dudes  lets chill out stupid thread.

Tiria Wildlough

Yeah, guys, I don't think you should point out stuff like that. ^^

Quote from: blindsimeonjtp on December 31, 2012, 12:53:54 AM
im sorry i started this thread.
Don't be sorry. Like you said before, you were just making conversation. That's what forums are all about, right? As long as things don't get out of hand, then it's fine.
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.