Previous topic - Next topic

What do you think of this idea?

Wow, I'm joining!
Needs some work but I'd join
Not interested

BrookSkimmer

steam·punk [steem-puhngk] 
noun
a subgenre of science fiction and fantasy featuring advanced machines and other technology based on steam power of the 19th century and taking place in a recognizable historical period or a fantasy world.

---

I would like to host a steam punk driven RP. My idea is to have it take place on a flying ship of some kind headed towards a city they will be harbored at. I would like the ship to be attacked by another ship before they reach the city. The final battle will take place between the crews of the ships once they land. We can work out details as we go... here are some pictures to give you an idea of the steam punk look.

Please post your thought and ideas below. I know this is a little different from traditional Redwall Rps but it could be really fun!

Basic spots that will need filling:
captain and crew for ship 1
captain and crew for ship 2
head of war for city
those willing to fight from city

W0NWILL

MEEE! I'm joining! The plot seems nice, though maybe a little more work. Of course, every RP needs a little more work than what originally planned.

EDIT: I literally have a character all set up for steampunk stuff. I made it long before I saw this.

BrookSkimmer

Awesome!!!

Also, feel free to post character ideas here too :D

Dannflower Reguba

I might, though the character appearance is really turning me away.  :D
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

W0NWILL

A picture of Lyl(my steampunk character) By Leatho. You'll see that they can still look epic.

How are we going to put steampunk in the Redwall world? It's gotta be good, and fit in nice, but there's no way we can fit steampunk flawlessly into Redwall. Maybe have docking areas at Salamandastron, Redwall, etc, but those would be a bit too big, and not have a good 'Redwall vibe'. Maybe, while having airships, make them smaller than normal, but still pretty big, so they can maneuver and dock more easily. Also, I think there should be towns, and maybe a small city around Redwall. Lots of steam factories as well.
What are your thoughts on all of the above?

Romsca

...I'll think about it...I'm currently part of too many RP's  :P

BrookSkimmer

It won't be in the Redwall world persay... it will be in a "steampunk Redwall" world. Hope that makes sense.

No worries if people don't want to join Danflorreguba. There's lots of other RP's to be in.  ;)

W0NWILL

Ah. So not exactly Redwall in the strictest sense, but with the same animals, accents, and stuff like the Long Patrol?

Redwaller

I'm in!

And is it floating islands stuff?

BrookSkimmer

I got four people in the poll but I only see response from two that want to join. If you want to join, please post in this thread that you do. I'm thinking six will be plenty of people to make this work.

So, please post below if you want to join in!  ;)

W0NWILL

How could I not join? I have dreams about this sort of stuff. :D

KitrallStreamrippler

This sounds amazing!! I'm not sure how often I could post, but I love steampunk and will try my best to post regularly. Maybe I could be a crew member on one of the ships? Anyway, sounds like a ton of fun. (Oh, btw, have you heard of Steam Powered Giraffe? They're a really cool steampunk band.)
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight!

BrookSkimmer

I forgot about this idea! For the moment, it's on the shelf. But if we got another two or three interested in following through on it, we could do it!

Captain Tammo

WHY HAVE I NOT SEEN THIS BEFORE!?!?!?! Has it already started??
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

W0NWILL