News:

Moderator activity in progress. Please, be patient. ~ Sincerely, The Staff

Main Menu

Ghostwriter?

Started by Nicole, January 31, 2013, 09:39:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nicole

Hey,
I've heard rumor that Brian Jacques was working on another book when he died, do you think they'll hire a ghostwriter? But if they do, I mean, how are you going to end Redwall? It's not like Narnia or any of the other children's' books. It can just go on forever...

W0NWILL

No. That rumor's wrong, and it's been discussed.

A rumor is a story or statement in general circulation without confirmation or certainty as to facts.

Quote from: LordTBT on January 16, 2012, 03:52:48 AM
There is no "Pondicherry". There never was a "Pondicherry." This was an ugly, unsourced Wikipedia edit made by an account with less than 10 edits that also stated Easter Island statues are from the planet 'Galgamex'.

Pondicherry is a city in India, that's all it is. Please do not perpetuate this complete lie further.

Tam and Martin

I always thought it was real.

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

W0NWILL

Sorry, it isn't. I would love for there to be another Redwall book, but sadly, that isn't true.

Dannflower Reguba

Pondicherry isn't, but there IS still an unfinished book.... Not allowed to tell any more as I'm not supposed to even say that much.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Nicole

So I wonder what they are going to do with it. It would be a shame to never let it get published, but if a ghostwriter took it up, then there's always the chance they wouldn't stay true to the BJ feel

phoenixfoden

i think they should publish it but let the readers make thier own ending ;) it could be the start to some awesome fan fiction!

Redwaller

Quote from: danflorreguba on January 31, 2013, 10:05:56 PM
Pondicherry isn't, but there IS still an unfinished book.... Not allowed to tell any more as I'm not supposed to even say that much.
Why not? Are you a secret agent or something?  ;)

phoenixfoden

but if he told you that he would have to kill you 8) *james bond music*

Romsca

Maybe he just doesn't want to

W0NWILL

Or maybe he's just kidding, and there isn't another Redwall book in any stage of completion.

Romsca

Yeah, maybe he's just being mean

Dannflower Reguba

Wow guys... and gals.... REALLY? Let me explain this.

I was at a writers conference that Brian Davis was doing for some of the local (a long way away for our family) Homeschooled kids. During the question time (where all the little kids were in a different room) we got to find out some rather awesome stuff, that being one of the highlights.

And no, I wouldn't have to kill YOU. The Fed's would kill ME.  ;)

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Redwaller

Quote from: danflorreguba on February 01, 2013, 01:26:03 AM
Wow guys... and gals.... REALLY? Let me explain this.

I was at a writers conference that Brian Davis was doing for some of the local (a long way away for our family) Homeschooled kids. During the question time (where all the little kids were in a different room) we got to find out some rather awesome stuff, that being one of the highlights.

And no, I wouldn't have to kill YOU. The Fed's would kill ME.  ;)
You mean Brian Jacques?

Dannflower Reguba

No, I mean Brian Davis, Author of the Dragons in our Midst series. He got to know Brian Jaques pretty well, and so did a movie-making friend of his. They both learned a lot of very secret things.