Are log boats or sail ships better

Started by rachel25, February 12, 2013, 08:37:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rachel25

8) I think sail ships are better because you can go in the sea in them  :D                SAIL SHIPS     ::)

cregga rose eyes

I think it depends where you are. A log boat would do better on River Moss than a Ship, but the other way around a ship would do much better at sea than a log boat.
So I would say I am neutral on the two.
Drifting with the wind
I usually go by LakeLake nowadays

Romsca

Sail ships, I guess  ;D

And
does
EVERYTHING
ALWAYS!!!
have
to
slide
across
the
screen?

Leatho Shellhound

Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

321tumbler

Sailing can be used more place, but I perfer logboats.

KitrallStreamrippler

Though I do love sailing ships, I prefer logboats, I think. They just seem like so much more fun!! Plus, they're much less complicated than sailing ships. I could never get the hang of all those ropes.  ;D
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight!

Tam and Martin

Sailing ships can be HUGE so maybe them

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

321tumbler

Quote from: KitrallStreamrippler on February 13, 2013, 04:10:39 AM
Though I do love sailing ships, I prefer logboats, I think. They just seem like so much more fun!! Plus, they're much less complicated than sailing ships. I could never get the hang of all those ropes.  ;D

Isn't it supposed to be challenging to row for the logboats?

KitrallStreamrippler

Quote from: 321tumbler on February 14, 2013, 02:08:28 AM
Quote from: KitrallStreamrippler on February 13, 2013, 04:10:39 AM

Isn't it supposed to be challenging to row for the logboats?

They can be, depending on the size, whether you are travelling up or downriver, and how fast or slow the river is flowing. They're much less complicated than sailing ships, though.
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight!

Icefire

I'm with Cregga on this one. They each serve a specific purpose and it's hard to compare them in that sense.
Living in peace, aye many a season,
Calm in life and sound in reason,,
'Til evil arrives, a wicked horde,
Driving a warrior to pick up his sword,
The challenger rings then, straight and fair,
Justice is with us, beware. Beware!

Leatho Shellhound

Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

rachel25

well I see your point on it depends where you are but have you notest that only shrews have log boats and otters have rafts and ships  :-*

Romsca

CrazyPug37

They both have their strengths and weaknesses, and are both great ways of water transportation.

I'll remain neutral on this one.
South Africa, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Botswana, Seychelles, Malawi, Guinea, Equatorial Guinea, Mauritius, Madagascar, Congo, Gabon, Togo, Burkina Faso, Western Sahara

Afrika United

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Ah'll ztay neutral tae.

A logboat vouldnae be tae good oot at Zea, but a zailboat vouldnae be tae good on a river.
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.