The Battle for the Diamond in the Gorge

Started by Leatho Shellhound, February 14, 2013, 05:31:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leatho Shellhound

The sun was sitting high in the middle of the sky, shining its bright hot rays down on the plateau above Mossflower country.

Rooksod the sea otter had traveled to the great gorge which stretched across the plateau. He had taken with him volunteers and paid beasts for this expedition. The expedition was to uncover the Lost Diamond of Loamhedge which would be used for a light house on the western sea shore, near the late Luke the warrior's caves. 

His crew were at that moment setting up a ladder for the descent into the abyss......
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

W0NWILL

Maya stretched and yawned. It wasn't the best place to be waking up, a cave in the walls of a gigantic gorge, but she had come to love what she had. The remains of a fish, caught from an underground river lay near the smouldering heap of ashes that was her fire. Wood was surprisingly easy to come by, due to the large tree that had fallen into the gorge. She stood up, her feet sinking a few centimeters into the sandy floor of her cave. She grabbed the fish remains and set to eating her cold breakfast. She made a face as she ate the intestines of the fish, but, waste not want not. She finished the fish and, carrying the bones, went out into the gloom of the gorge. Oh, how she missed sunlight!

cregga rose eyes

Cythera was nervous, they had reached great gorge. She had volunteered in defiance of her parents, but now she was questioning her choices. She nervously watched as the stronger beasts placed the ladder in position, her job was to hold a peg in place as another hammered.
Drifting with the wind
I usually go by LakeLake nowadays

Mattio

BrookSkimmer

Razuki looked on as crew finished placing the ladder. The squirrel had helped carry the ladder over to the edge of the abyss but her job ended there. She nodded as the ladder was secured in place and turned to Rooksod.

"Ladder's in place, I believe every thing is ready."

She stood by to wait upon the leader's words.

Leatho Shellhound

"Good. Half of you follow me down the ladder, the rest lower the supplies by rope". Said Rooksod

Soloppgang, or Sol for short, had been left with the group that would be lowering supplies. She was tying a rope to a pulley.

click the banner

Tam and Martin

Bexorone Romatosh Trosine Stood alongide Sol lowering the rope with her saying "Huh Wonder how much vittles they packed in here a jolly lot I think Wot! We could have used some of the blinkin' scoff up here!" Like all hares Bexor was gluttounous

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

W0NWILL

Wurf wasn't as scared of hights as other moles, but he closed his eyes to slits so he wouldn't have to see how high he was a he climbed down.

BrookSkimmer

Razuki hitched a supply pack on her back and took a deep breath.

"Last fresh air I'll see for a while." She mused as she turned to use the ladder for descending into the darkness.

"You sure you know what you're doing Rooksod?" Razuki flicked her bushy tail as she began to step down the ladder.

Jetthebinturong

Bloodfur and his bandits lounged around the oasis, some bathing in the water, some drinking it and some gathering more
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Leatho Shellhound

Sol answered Bexorone, "you will find out how much food is in those sacks when you get down there", she said with a smile.

Back on the ladder Rooksod said to squirrel, "I know enough to get us safely to the bottom."

click the banner

WarriorOfMossflower

(OOC: Sorry, I'm a bit late.)

Rexinan Vi L'Sorra inhaled deeply, watching the proceedings with keen eyes. She shifted her weight to one paw, then to the other, suddenly feeling very self-conscious and overheated under her thick black 'fur' (which was actually only a realistic, well-fitting black outfit). It was hard, keeping her secret all to herself. Once you've been recognized as royalty, you don't exactly forget it. Rexinan wasn't used to doing much work on her own: on the peaceful isle from where she had come, servants had done everything for her. She was still new to this land and its customs, and she was unsure what the creatures would do if they found out that she was a princess from a different land.
The only thing Rexinan was really good at was stealing. She had a knack for pickpocketing, and a talent for finding shiny things. So she had come along on this quest, hoping to assist the searchers and prove her worth.
After another deep breath, Rexinan began to descend down the ladder after the others.
In process of rekindling my love for Redwall.

Leatho Shellhound

Quote from: WarriorOfMossflower on February 15, 2013, 09:33:59 PM
(OOC: Sorry, I'm a bit late.)
OOC:Your fine, it only started yesterday.

BIC: Rooksod saw the gorge floor far beneath his feet, there was a strong wind traveling through the ravine making the ladder shake. Holding a wooden unlighted torch in his mouth that he would light at the bottom as a signal to the others that were still at the top to start climbing down. Small rocks and dust fell from those climbing above him. When he finally got to the bottom he helped some of the creatures down, and then hit flint to his blade, lighting his torch and waved it above his head.

Sol seeing the signal told the others to start there descent.

click the banner

cregga rose eyes

Cythera slowly began her descent down the ladder. She tried not to shake too much. No turning back, she thought.
Drifting with the wind
I usually go by LakeLake nowadays

WarriorOfMossflower

Rexinan stepped off the last ladder rung and stood back. Thanks to her black outfit, she would practically be invisible during the nighttime down here! Would anybody miss me if I got lost? she wondered. 
In process of rekindling my love for Redwall.