The Battle for the Diamond in the Gorge

Started by Leatho Shellhound, February 14, 2013, 05:31:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leatho Shellhound

"Very good, now lets run back to the others to show them the way." said Sol before diving into the water and coming out on the other side.
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

cregga rose eyes

Cythera was spooked by the scream. She held her bow in a position that she could load and shoot it quickly. She hoped it was just the wind and not some horrible creature waiting in the darkness. The gorge was wide, anything could be there watching them in some crevice.
Drifting with the wind
I usually go by LakeLake nowadays

Tam and Martin

Bexor commented to Cythera "Maybe that was our other chaps over there who screamed?" Bexor drew his pike from a sheath on his back and walked forward slowly.

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

cregga rose eyes

"I do hope so." Cythera muttered as she slowly followed Bexor.
Drifting with the wind

Redwaller

OOC: Thanks!  :)

BIC: Geronimo watched as the three companions descended into the gorge, soon it would be his turn to go into these unexplored depths.

As the two scouts walked back to there group, two little red, burning lights watched them go. They suddenly dissapeared and a heavy growl, barely perceptible issued from where the lights were.

W0NWILL

Wurf shivered involuntarily at the thought of swimming in the river and followed Sol back.

Maya drew in a sharp breath at the splash and drew back into the shadows behind a rock. Who are they, in my gorge? She thought. She peered around the rock and saw the otter and mole near the river where she got all her water and fish from. Oh! It'll be soiled now, and the fish will of all fled! She cursed the ones contaminating her drinking water. She stopped to think. They probably came from the surface, which probably meant that they had brought food with them. Dare she hope, food made with flour? Scones? Her mouth began to water.
"This will make a good camp site."
Maya grinned, she would do some robbing later. She knew this stretch of the gorge up and down, she could easily rob them when they were sleeping and disappear into a cave nearby. She waited for another splash and a couple minutes afterwards. Then she came from her hiding place and to her cave. She would rob tonight, and eat like a queen tomorrow.

W0NWILL

OOC: No, she's by herself. She isn't a baddie. If you read her backstory you'll understand.

Maya lived there, farming and fishing for quite a while until she(by not her power) was captured by a vermin band and taken into a cave where the vermin were staying. In the night she escaped, and managed to shake off the vermin by hiding in a natural fissure after running quite a ways. She stayed there for a day and night, until the vermin gave up looking for her. Not wanting another encounter with them, she headed in the opposite direction, following the tunnel until it came out into the gorge. She now lives there, eating anything she can, fish, bats, scrubs, and the like

Jetthebinturong

Bloodfur's band unrolled the ropes and ladders, letting them fall into the gorge. When all of the ladders were unrolled, the vermin nailed the ends into the ground.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

WarriorOfMossflower

Rexinan walked along at the rear of the group, her footpaws slapping softly against the wet stone by the river. She took in her surroundings alertly, and flinched when she heard the scream. Her paw slid to her flammard, and she prepared to draw the wavy sword from her belt at a moment's notice.
In process of rekindling my love for Redwall.

Redwaller

OOC: The lights only emitted a low, barely audible growl, it is impossible for anyone to have heard.

BIC: Geronimo went over the hedge and climbed slowly down, the world swinging all around him.

The twin lights were swingingslowly away from the adventurers, straight towards a small, barely audible vrumming coming from further in the gorge.

Leatho Shellhound

OOC: sorry guys, school is really weighing me down.

Sol and Wurf made it back to the others and she made her report. The whole part moved foward and came to the said spot before sundown. They all made it savely across the zip-line with Rooksod and Sol as life guards in the water.

They set up camp and posted night watches who were replaced evey hour.
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

W0NWILL

Maya hummed as she readied herself for burgling the group. She had a thin chunk of firewood for a club, a strip from her cloak as a sling, and pockets full of stones. She readied herself in complete darkness. Maya fantasized about melting cheese on top of a scone. Maybe she would add a little rosemary from the tough little plant that grew in the places of the gorge that had dirt. She grasped the club and the sling and went out into the gorge. Following a path she knew well, she moved quietly toward their camp.

cregga rose eyes

Cythera was glad she was not first watch. She was so tired. She fell asleep soom after she laid down.
Drifting with the wind

Dannflower Reguba

Sophel enjoyed night watches, it was so peaceful out at night. He was carving a small piece of wood he had brought along in a pouch, and wasn't quite sure what he was carving yet... He could hear small rocks clinking together, and a smell that didn't belong either to his group or this gorge was slowly making its' way toward their camp. At least it looked lik he was zoned out, and he knew he'd have to keep it that way since those stones were most likely for shooting since they were so small and many.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

W0NWILL

Maya gritted her teeth in worry as the rocks clinked together. She put a paw in her pocket in a vain attempt to quiet them. After realizing the paw wasn't doing much good, she took her paw out along with a stone. She put it in her makeshift sling and crept forward, sling in one paw, club in the other. She stopped at the same boulder she had hid behind earlier. She could see the squirrel's outline against their fire. She bit her lip, she hadn't thought of how to get across without making noise. She closed her eyes and ran through a somewhat-accurate map of the area in her mind. Several hundred feet downstream, the current was slower and creatures in the camp might not hear her cross. She headed downstream, keeping a wary eye out for night guards or the monster with an iron face.