News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Most Heroic Character

Started by martins#1fan, July 13, 2011, 08:25:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Most Heroic Character??

Martin the Warrior
21 (33.3%)
Luke the Warrior
18 (28.6%)
Laterose of Noonvale
3 (4.8%)
Felldoh the Warrior
8 (12.7%)
Brome the Healer
3 (4.8%)
Lord Brocktree
3 (4.8%)
Janglur Swifteye
1 (1.6%)
Taggerung
5 (7.9%)
Bella of Brockhall
1 (1.6%)
Dinny Formole
0 (0%)
Grumm Trencher
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 59

Superdreuzel

Martin or Mariel
Shame on the topic opener who didn't put mariel in the poll
Hmm ... Dolohov ...

Melody

Iwould've put Matthias down as well but still I think Martin was the most heroic.

Rollo the Baby Bankvole

I think Luke, he died a hero's death in order to save others' lives so they wouldn't be made slaves or killed by Vilu Daskar any more and he understood that he would have to die in order to get rid of him.
I've read Mattimeo, Salamandastron, The Pearls of Lutra, The Taggerung, Triss, Eulalia!, Lord Brocktree, The Legend of Luke, The Bellmaker & The Long Patrol! xD
??Just close your eyes, the sun is going down, you'll be alright, noone

Melody

I didn't really like Luke that much, but Rollo has a good point.

Rollo the Baby Bankvole

Yeah, he's not one of my favourite characters, but I think he's a pretty cool hero :) Thanks ;D
I've read Mattimeo, Salamandastron, The Pearls of Lutra, The Taggerung, Triss, Eulalia!, Lord Brocktree, The Legend of Luke, The Bellmaker & The Long Patrol! xD
??Just close your eyes, the sun is going down, you'll be alright, noone

Blademaster

Luke didin't save anyone's life all of the slaves on that ship died if I remember correctly. Besides Beau and those two mice.
Cluny-"Shut up!" Cheesethief-"Shutting up chief."

Taggerung_of_Redwall

A good deal of the oar slaves lived. As time went on, they left the rocks. It was Beau and Company that was still there during Martin's quest.
Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away

mattimouse20

martin was awesome! smart, resorceful and as born leader.
just wait until I make my daring escape!

Melody

mattimouse20

what if martin had married rose in "martin the warrior"? would it have been against his code of honor or something??
just wait until I make my daring escape!

Melody

Bragoon

No, I don't think so.  The Warrior's Code isn't anything like that.
"For the whole Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable to to teach, to convince, to correct, and to instruct in righteousness." - II Timothy 3:16

Melody

that's the knights of the red cross code (I think).

Mad Maudie

MTW Or mountain dew they are both fearsome
Cause you are the piece of me I wish I didn't need
Chasing relentlessly and I don't know why
If our love's tragedy why are you my remedy?
If our love's insanity why are you my clarity?
Why are you my clarity?

~Clarity~~Zedd~

Bragoon

It's really hard for me to choose, since lots of characters have performed brave deeds.  That said, a few that stand out to me are Luke's last stand against Vilu Daskar, Skipper of Otters from The Long Patrol (diving on the eel to save a dibbun), and Bragoon and Sarobando standing against the Wearet, Kharanjul.
"For the whole Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable to to teach, to convince, to correct, and to instruct in righteousness." - II Timothy 3:16