News:

Cheers to an Auspicious Autumn, Ev'rybeast! Enjoy a hot cider and the cool breezes, as the year dwindles to its end. . .

Main Menu

Retake Redwall RP

Started by KitrallStreamrippler, February 24, 2013, 05:55:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KitrallStreamrippler

Liathach MacGearr dug around in her pack for flint and steel so that she could cook lunch. Her paw struck a straw doll that she had been given, and she sighed. Seasons ago, she had been wounded in a battle on her way south. She had collapsed at the north edge of Mossflower Woods, and had lain there unconscious until she was found by a kind watervole family. They had taken her in and cared for her, and she had guarded them from roving vermin. But Liath, as she liked to be called, had travelling in her blood, and she knew that she could not stay. When she left the watervoles several days ago, the youngest- only 4 seasons old- had insisted that Liath take her doll, so that she would not forget the family. How could she forget them? She was going to miss them... Suddenly, Liath froze. Her ears twitched- somebeast was approaching. She could not tell whether there was one or many, and whether they were friendly or not. Slowly and silently, she reached for her staff.

OOC: Any travellers or vermin that want to introduce themselves here, please do.
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight!

W0NWILL

Marco was skipping ahead, glancing back at his brother several times, "C'mon! We don't have all day!"
Polo glanced at his brother through half-closed eyes, "You're right. We have a lifetime."
Marco laughed, "But not one to waste, dear brother. Now hurry up!" Marco, not looking where he was going, tripped on a tree root and fell flat on his face. Polo smirked as he sauntered by, but said nothing. Marco scrambled up, blushing, "I meant to do that." he said quickly.

KitrallStreamrippler

Liath stood, staff in paw, and headed toward the noise, and walked straight into two mice. The hare tripped, but got up quickly, gripping her stout ash staff a little tighter. She stood and waited for the mice to act.
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight!

W0NWILL

Marco turned and saw the hare, "Hello!" he called, "Lovely day, miss?"
Polo bowed formally to the hare, "Nice to meet you, I am Polo."
Marco shoved Polo out of the way, grasped Liath's hand, and shook it vigorously, "Marco, at your service."
Polo gritted his teeth, but let it slide.

Jetthebinturong

Kaijo and Misak stepped off the gangplank of the long patrol ship onto the shore of Salamandastron. Kaijo waved his sword in salute to the badger at the prow "Much obliged to ye sir!" he called. The badger nodded to indicate that he had heard and motioned for the hares to move out again. Kaijo sheathed his sword and turned to Misak "Well we're on our own in strange country, I'd sleep with one eye open with paw on weapon if I was you"
"Oh Kaijo, this country doesn't look that bad, I'm sure your worrying over nothing"
"Looks count for nothing, do you remember Rame?"
"How could I forget? I see your point though, beware to anybeast that tries to hurt us, my bolts will find their hearts!"
"Now that's the Misak Helmos I remember!"
Kaijo and Misak strolled off along the shore towards Mossflower
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

KitrallStreamrippler

Liath, assured that the mice were goodbeasts, replied in a Northern accent, "Mah name's Liath. I was aboot tae start cookin' lunch- ye're welcome to share it." With that, she headed back to where she had left her supplies, leaving the mice to follow- or not- as they wished.

In the orchard of Redwall Abbey, Vurrp, an old mole, toiled under the watchful eyes of two vermin guards. Vurrp averted his gaze as one of them swept past, snarling, "What d'you lot think you're doin' eh? Do you think you're out fer a stroll, pickin' daisies? Well, yore not, so get movin'! If you don't gather enough fruit, Lady Tzarin'll have your scruffy hides!" he smiled. "After all, what's a few slaves to the ruler of Redwall?"

W0NWILL

"No, I have no need to share your food." Marco said coldly. Polo elbowed him in the ribs, "Ouch! What did you do that for?"
"That hare is offering to share, we do not need it, but sharing is good for both sides. Now, shut up and come on." Polo led Marco, following Liath.

KitrallStreamrippler

Liath, ignoring the bickering mice, reached her camp and got a fire going. She took out a small barkcloth sack and mixed a few pawfuls of ground meal from it with stream water and berries. The hare put a flat piece of slate over the fire to warm, then dolloped ladlefuls of the mixture onto it to cook. She flipped the flat, round cakes over once, then divided them up between herself, Marco, and Polo. She also passed around a flask of apple cider that she had cooled in the nearby stream.

Dannflower Reguba

Sodo gritted his teeth to himself as the vermin made his remark, "These nasty things'll pay dear jist fer that!" This squirrel was not outspoken about how much he hated the fox and her army, but he always made sure to do at least as much bad to them as he did help them... Maybe he could sneak so nauseating drug into the vermin's water tonight? Who knows. NOBEAST that's for sure.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Rainshadow

Firefly the otter was walking through the forest of Mossflower, minding his own business, when he heard several beasts talking.  Who was that?  He pulled out his dagger, approaching the voices carefully until he smelled the fire.
 Fire! he thought, inhaling deeply as he walked closer.  Whoever these beasts were, they were obviously smart enough to make a fire.
 Firefly stepped closer, viewing a small clearing with a hare and two mice.  They were chatting calmly, and it looked like the hare was making food.  They seem friendly enough, he thought, stepping into plain view.
 "'Ello, sahs an' missus, m'names Fahflah.  Maght Ah ask wot yer cookin'?"

OOC:  Sorry for the lack of italics and such, I'm sending this from an iPad in a store lol.  I'll try to fix it when I get back home.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Mattio

Vannel walked across the planking of the Purlonged Petunia. She sighed. She was going to miss Bygro they had grown to be quite the friends. Could I stay here with him? No. Think of how many beasts at home I would miss. Vannel was distracted by Bygro calling up to her from below decks, "Are ye comin Vannel? You can go back to Green Isle if you like." the sea otter fidgeted with his tunic.

"I can't stay you know that." she replied sadly.

KitrallStreamrippler

Liath looked up at the arrival of a strange otter into her camp. He seemed friendly enough, she decided as he introduced himself and asked what she was cooking. Liath nodded to Firefly and said, "Ah'm Liath. This is Marco an' Polo. Won't ye sit doon an' share some flatcakes?" the hare indicated a seat next to the small campfire.

Mattio

"Goodbye Vannel." Bygro said as he jumped off the ship with a tear in his eye.

"Wait!" Vannel scrambled ungracefully off the boat and jumped onto the ground."I am coming Bygro!"

"Why?" he asked.

"Because you'd kill yourself with your cooking!" she laughed happily.

KitrallStreamrippler

OOC: Whoa, what just happened (with Bygro and Vannel / Firefly and Liath)? I am very confused! ???

Vurrp heard Sodo's remark and muttered to him gently, "Nay, young zurr. Doan't you'm be a-doin' anythin' too 'asty now. He bees just a narsty vermint. Doan't pay him any moind. Oi ain't seein' you get in more trouble, burr nay. Do ee hear me?" Vurrp ducked his head and continued gathering fallen apples busily as the vermin guard passed by again. Life as a slave was simple enough: do what you're told, and if you do it quickly and well enough, you'll be left alone. Mistakes, clumsiness and refusal, however, earned you lashes and ensured that the guards remembered you.

Rainshadow

"Aye, that Ah wheel," Firefly said, sitting down by the fire and smiling his slightly insane-looking smile.  He had been called insane by many beasts, and frankly, he thought them to be correct, but he enjoyed being crazy.  It made life more interesting.
  "Y'ken, Liath," Fire said, glancing at the fire, "if'n ye stick green branches on tha' fahre, et'll smoke moore.  Ye don' wan' tae 'ave a smookin' fahre noow, do ye?"
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!