Crossed Swords Plotting: Swords of Freedom

Started by BrookSkimmer, February 27, 2013, 11:43:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rainshadow

Well, according to this:

Quote from: BrookSkimmer on March 06, 2013, 02:30:54 AM
You will be allowed 3 posts total during the first week so make them count :)

I'd say we can only post 3 times.  :(
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Dannflower Reguba

I don't understand how we're supposed to get any where. You guys can't exactly hold a conversation (that part doesn't effect me yet.  ;D).
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Icefire

Well, it's been up-ed to five. Hooray.

So, it looks like the vermin crew wants to start with a storm. How does that affect us?
Living in peace, aye many a season,
Calm in life and sound in reason,,
'Til evil arrives, a wicked horde,
Driving a warrior to pick up his sword,
The challenger rings then, straight and fair,
Justice is with us, beware. Beware!

Leatho Shellhound

Quote from: Icefire on March 06, 2013, 09:42:18 PM
Well, it's been up-ed to five. Hooray.

So, it looks like the vermin crew wants to start with a storm. How does that affect us?

That works, we can take away the whole cliff talk thing, the ship isn't seen till last minute, my guess it will be Liv, b/c ,here are my reasons people, Liv Aegis  loves the wind and rain. oldies, ladies, and children hide in sde. Oh then the warriors all rush to get the fire arrows and ex. but fail, and it becomes a (Awesome!) complicated and confusing battle!

And if it be at night, that would be epic!
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Icefire

Maybe early evening? Say shortly before sunset so we can still spot the ship, but so that it would be dark before the end of the battle? I'm not necessarily sold on the idea of a night battle, but I can easily be persuaded. :)

Romsca

Maybe...the battle can more than one day, possibly. It doesn't have to be over immediately

Ceteruler

maybe it's because I'm very busy, but I'm not totally sure what exactly is happening. That's fine, I just need to know where you guys want Marcus. ^_^

Icefire

Ok, so recap of plot ideas, just so everybody is on the same page.

-It sounds like the crew wants to start by battling the storm and then us. In the meantime, we do something else...perhaps have a party?  ::) ;D
-Vannøyne is sitting on a cliff staring at sea thinking about his mousemaid. Liv Aegis comes across him (while on a walk) and tries to comfort him. Marcus comes across them (while also on a walk) and points out the ship. We discuss it (?) and run to rouse the Swords to action.
-Xbalantie Shoreside is somewhere else and also spots the ship. She informs Timballisto. While she is reporting, Vannøyne, Liv, and Marcus arrive and confirm her words. Timballisto gives some orders (?) and we gather the troops (Spera, Sora Shirosaki, Nevfae, and Grollo Carento) so to speak.
-Battle

This is what I understand our plot thoughts to be at the moment. What am I missing? What needs to change? What are your thoughts?

BrookSkimmer

That's looking good. The first week you will be interacting with your characters without affecting the BloodSpine. Just FYI... be prepared to role play the first weekend without any interaction with the BloodSpine crew.

Icefire

Quote from: BrookSkimmer on March 06, 2013, 11:58:09 PM
That's looking good. The first week you will be interacting with your characters without affecting the BloodSpine. Just FYI... be prepared to role play the first weekend without any interaction with the BloodSpine crew.
May I suggest a celebration of some kind?  ;)

I personally think this is better as that will give us more of a chance to introduce everyone at the beginning rather than try to make everyone fit into the ship spotting scene.

Leatho Shellhound

Celebration? I was more thinking like a skill tournament (thinking out loud) were we have, friendly sword fights, sling and bow shooting and what not. Comments thoughts?

click the banner

WarriorOfMossflower

I say we combine the two and call it an overall Spring Celebration. Somebeasts may be feasting, and others may be engaging in friendly competition.
So here's a revised version of Icefire's recap.

-Vannøyne is sitting on a cliff staring at sea thinking about his mousemaid. Liv Aegis comes across him (while on a walk) and tries to comfort him. Marcus comes across them (while also on a walk) joins in the discussion (?)
-Meanwhile, otherbeasts (Spera, Sora Shirosaki, Nevfae, and Grollo Carento) are either eating or participating in the competition(s)
-Xbalantie Shoreside might be off on her own, or near the cliff where Vannøyne is (?)
-Towards the end of everybody's five posts, we might have the ship-sighting moment in the pre-darkness by Xbalantie Shoreside and Marcus (?)

Gee, not being able to interact with the BloodSpine Crew certainly threw us off.
And I just realized that none of the plans we listed would work very well with the storm that the BloodSpine Crew suggested...hm.  :-\ Inside feast?

Sorry if I seem a bit dominating with my posting, I just want to get everything organized down to the last detail. (These are just suggestions that will probably have to be modified once more, anyways...) Let me know if I should back off.
In process of rekindling my love for Redwall.

Icefire

Ha! You think you're dominating the thread? Look back aways and you'll see me on here a ridiculous number of times. If anyone needs to shut up, it's me. Let me know.

In the meantime... ;D

Perhaps Vannøyne and Liv have their conversation and then get interrupted by someone (Spera perhaps?) who tells us to come inside as there's a storm brewing outside and a party awaiting us inside. Then, we have a couple of options from there...
We could all be inside singing, dancing, eating, taking part in various competitions (how is that going to work indoors?) Then, maybe Marcus gets tired of it all and goes on a walk. Eventually, Xbalantie may break away, too, and they can spot the ship. (Together or apart and reporting in a similar fashion to the previously suggested idea.)
OR Marcus could be a look out during the feast and could spot the ship and make his report.
The question is how much can we do in 5 posts. :P

The fact that I'm now trying to determine what other people should based on how I understand their characters is probably an indication that I need stop now and let someone else speak his or her mind. Thoughts?

Ceteruler

well, I certainly like the last suggestion. :p Hey, if you're willing to work hard, you can do a whole lot in five posts.

Leatho Shellhound

I HAVE IT!

The Spring Celebration and all that can be held in the caves, like one huge huge cave. Us on the hill works too, b/c I will most think adout the mouse maid in the storm! And  Liv  likes the rain and wind! And Marcus can just be out there to get away from the people.

click the banner