doomwyte

Started by rachel25, March 11, 2013, 06:15:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Romsca on April 01, 2013, 03:06:54 PM
Maybe, maybe not
But Martin sertinly could have trusted Gnoff. Couldn't he? Gnoff was his best friend, couldn't he be trusted?

Life is too short to rush through it.

Romsca

Maybe Gonff just didn't think it was an important detail

Free Thought

I think that Gonff made a judgement call.  I think he realized that Martin had fought enough battles and now that he had found a relative form of peace, he wasn't going to disturb it.  Also, most of the other fighting creatures were older now (isn't Skipper even a grandfather at this point?) and the younger ones had never really known true war.  Not to mention that at the time, Doomwyte wasn't a direct threat to the Abbey.  Moreover, I think that Gonff also realized that if they were to go after it, war would come to Redwall and that was something he was not willing to bring on again, not to mention it would directly involve his own son.  I think he stoically and perhaps regrettably turned a blind eye to it.

As to the second question that has arose... Martin would have kept true to his word and not told any beast about Rose, regardless if his memory was affected or not.  He swore an oath and best friend or not, I don't think he would have broken it.

Ungatt Trunn

But if you look at the matter from an angle, it makes it look like it was irresponsible for Gnoff never telling Martin about Doomwyte.

rachel25

Maybe Gnoff just wanted peace and not another war  :-\

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: rachel25 on April 04, 2013, 05:15:00 PM
But he had to know that something was going to happen involving Doomwyte sometime.

Free Thought

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn on April 04, 2013, 07:41:15 PM
But he had to know that something was going to happen involving Doomwyte sometime.

Ignorance is bliss, my friend.

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Free Thought on April 05, 2013, 08:53:46 PM
Quote from: Ungatt Trunn on April 04, 2013, 07:41:15 PM

Ignorance is bliss, my friend.
\
But it just dosn't seem like Gnoff to not tell Martin about something like this...

The Shade

Gnoff just didn't think it was his busneiss......The Doomwyte wasn't attacking the Abbey or anything....Maybe he just thought it would pass away.......And he did'nt want to bother Martin with it.....Thats what I think :p
They told me I was gullible. I believed them.

It is well known that 47% of statistics are made up on the spot.

I used to leave out half my sentances, but now I

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Ah zink zere only azzault on ze Doomvyte vaz Gonff'z takin' o' ze ztatue'z eyez.
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

rachel25

maybe Gnoff was afraid Martin would be angry that he took the statue eyes  :o  :P or he just couldn't remember the way back to the cave  :P

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: rachel25 on June 08, 2013, 12:06:52 PM
maybe Gnoff was afraid Martin would be angry that he took the statue eyes :o
Thats very unlikely. I don't think that Martin would have been really, or not at all, angry at Gonff over that. Also, it was sort of there duty that they keep Redwall and all other good creatures safe, but just ignoring Doomwyte didn't really follow that code.
Quote from: rachel25 on June 08, 2013, 12:06:52 PM
  :P or he just couldn't remember the way back to the cave  :P
I don't think a Prince of Mousetheives would forget the way ;D

Tam and Martin

I don't thinkhe would forget either!

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

rachel25

I was just a thought  8)