Across the Sea: Plotting and Discussion (the slow RP)

Started by Osu, April 16, 2013, 02:27:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Title for the RP thread?

Riddles From the Abbey
1 (10%)
Across the Sea
3 (30%)
In Search of Treasure
0 (0%)
Treasure Seekers
0 (0%)
Treasure Hunt
1 (10%)
The Pondering
2 (20%)
Riddles on the Sea
3 (30%)
Seas and Riddles
0 (0%)
Riddles and Sailing
0 (0%)
Treasure on the Sea
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: July 16, 2013, 01:47:08 AM

Redwaller

Quote from: Osu on July 04, 2013, 03:44:01 AM
Wow, I just have to say you guys have got some epic first posts up!
Mine wasn't that good. 'Cos I ran out o' ideas as I wrote.(Because I usually play vermin, which is easier than a Redwall maid)

Osu

Quote from: Gonff on July 04, 2013, 01:52:14 PM
Is it to late for me to join? If not, can I have an otter who is going on the quest? This sounds like a cool RP!
Sure, welcome aboard! Make sure to post your character(s) first~ :D

Redwaller -- I thought it was good. Got the action rolling right along! I ran out of ideas, too, which is why I spent so much time talking about the weather. Hahaa... XD
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

Blazemane

Quote from: Redwaller on July 05, 2013, 12:44:35 PMMine wasn't that good. 'Cos I ran out o' ideas as I wrote.(Because I usually play vermin, which is easier than a Redwall maid)

Why don't you think it was good? Worked for me.

Redwaller

Dunno. Compared to the posts of the others, mine was boring.(Even thought I did find the riddle)

Gonff

Redwaller, I agree with the others that your post was good.

Here's my character:

Name: Calanthe Sachet
Species: Otter
Age: Older teens (never did get the hang of using seasons)
Weapons: Her mother will give her a dirk when she leaves on the quest.
Appearance: Normal otter. Plain brown hair and eyes.
Clothes: Normal Redwall attire. Wears plain leather belt. (Later with her mother's dirk on it.)
Personality: Wants to be helpful but is kind of socially awkward.
History: Her mother arrived at Redwall when Calanthe was a dibbun. Calanthe never knew her father and has lived at Redwall ever since.
Other: Despite being an otter, Calanthe is not a good swimmer. She is, however, a very fast runner. She has never left the abbey, nor had a need to fight, so the quest will be something very new to her.

I thought perhaps I would take that burly otter Blazemane mentioned, name him Terence, and make a bit of a romance between him and Calanthe if that sounds okay with everyone else. If it does, I'll write up his description soon.
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than going to a garage makes you an automobile.--Billy Sunday

Blazemane

I'm not in charge of which characters are and aren't allowed, but if you were wondering at all whether I'm alright with you picking out the otter that I'd mentioned in my post, then yeah! That sounds great to me.

Quote from: Redwaller on July 05, 2013, 11:20:00 PM
Dunno. Compared to the posts of the others, mine was boring.(Even thought I did find the riddle)

I think yours was more self-contained than the rest of ours. You chose to have a moment with your character being all alone, so there weren't any other characters for her to bounce off of. And there's nothing wrong with that; it gave us a chance to see a small part of what Lauria is like when she has the chance to be alone with her own thoughts.

Redwaller

Didn't think about it that way. It's cool.

Is everyone waiting for me to post?

Osu

Gonff, looks good! Jump in whenever you like!

Keep in mind one of the features of this particular RP is that it's rather slow-moving! :)

DanielofRedwall

My work-in-progress (aka update when I feel like it, that's the idea of the RP isn't it?) character sheet. I think I'll use a character based on myself (and I'll do my best not to flatter myself).

Character
Name: Daniel.
Species: Mouse
Weapons: Not much of a fighter, so just uses whatever is available.
Appearance:
Clothes:
Personality: Calm, thoughtful and logical. While he is friendly, he is generally pretty quiet. Has a slightly sarcastic sense of humour which occasionally is taken the wrong way.
History:
Other:
[close]
Received mostly negative reviews.

Osu

Looks good so far, Daniel, and no rush!

Gonff

Quote from: Osu on July 07, 2013, 05:40:06 PM
Gonff, looks good! Jump in whenever you like!

I made my first post, hopefully it's not too bad. I'll add the character outline for the other otter (Terence) sometime soon.
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than going to a garage makes you an automobile.--Billy Sunday

Osu

I thought it was an excellent first post, Gonff!  :D

Sorrows Solace

Is it still alright to join? How often are you required to post? I can include a squirrel healer if one is needed.

Osu

Quote from: Sorrows Solace on July 13, 2013, 05:55:43 AM
Is it still alright to join?
Sure, why not. We haven't gotten really deep into the plot yet so you've plenty of opportunity to jump in!

How often are you required to post?
This RP is centered around the idea that certain RPers (*coughcoughMEcoughhack*) will be very slow in posting. Keeping that in mind, I suppose posting should happen, ahh..... at least once a month or so within reason.

I can include a squirrel healer if one is needed.
You may include any character you like! Post away, matey!

I'm working on another response to the thread as I type this, just so all y'all know. :)

Redwaller

What is the character limit?

And I'll be making a vermin soon.  :)