News:

Cheers to an Auspicious Autumn, Ev'rybeast! Enjoy a hot cider and the cool breezes, as the year dwindles to its end. . .

Main Menu

Monopoly

Started by Ungatt Trunn, April 19, 2013, 10:07:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Tam and Martin on April 24, 2013, 10:33:53 PM
You go through a wholoe life-starting at college and you meet troubles and great things on the way. You choose a colored car and you start your "life" You get kids, money, you buy houses and so on-it's fun.
Sounds like a fun game!

Life is too short to rush through it.

Buzz_Bumble

There's different versions of Life. I've got an old board game version which is quite different to the Gameboy version I've also got ... it looks like they updated it and the newer version is more bit more complicated.

The end of the game is similar to Monopoly ... the person with the most money wins.  :)

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Buzz_Bumble on April 25, 2013, 02:18:58 AM

The end of the game is similar to Monopoly ... the person with the most money wins.  :)
Actully, you win Monopoly when all the other players have gone bankrupt, exept yourself.

Buzz_Bumble

In which case you've ended up with the most money ... all the others have none.  :)

Ungatt Trunn

*Sigh*...I just LOVE Monopoly!

Buzz_Bumble

Because of the up-coming Auckland city edition of Monopoly, yesterday's local paper (New Zealand Herald) published their suggested version of the game. The page also had these snippets of information about the game ...

QuoteDid you know?
  • The original game was invented in 1903 by an American political activist called Lizzie Phillips who wanted to illustrate the perils of property ownership by a few rich landlords.
  • Her Landlord's Game went through various versions before it went on sale as Monopoly in 1935.
  • New Zealanders are familiar with the British version, which is based on London. The standard US version is based on Atlantic City.
  • In World War II the British SIS (secret service) had the UK makers develop a version which was sent by fake charity groups to prisoners of war in side Nazi Germany. Hidden inside were maps, compasses, real money, and escape equiment.

Ungatt Trunn

You know what they should make? A Redwall Monopoly! Now that would be cool!

Tam and Martin

That would be neat!!!!!!!

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Buzz_Bumble

I did a Google search for "Redwall monopoly" when this topic was started, but only found a few discussions saying it should be done. I did start making one, but then got too busy.

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Tam and Martin on May 01, 2013, 12:31:00 AM
That would be neat!!!!!!!
Yea, it would have alot of the Redwall places for properties, and Redwall Monopoly Tokens!
Quote from: Buzz_Bumble on May 01, 2013, 08:23:50 AM
I did a Google search for "Redwall monopoly" when this topic was started, but only found a few discussions saying it should be done. I did start making one, but then got too busy.
You should try finishing it :)

Buzz_Bumble

I'm too busy at the moment. There also aren't that many big locations in the Redwall series - I'm not sure there's enough to fill all the spaces around the board.

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Vell, inztead o' juzt:
-Redwall

Ye could 'ave:
Redwall
-Kitchenz
-Cavern 'ole
-Infirmary
-Groundz
etc...
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: HeadInAnotherGalaxy on May 02, 2013, 03:29:58 PM
Vell, inztead o' juzt:
-Redwall

Ye could 'ave:
Redwall
-Kitchenz
-Cavern 'ole
-Infirmary
-Groundz
etc...
Yea, just like that!