News:

Cheers to an Auspicious Autumn, Ev'rybeast! Enjoy a hot cider and the cool breezes, as the year dwindles to its end. . .

Main Menu

Víkingar

Started by Thomas Barkshield, May 04, 2013, 04:06:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rainshadow

Yes, just please not posts like:

"And Steinvor walked into the room, noticing the spider web in one corner.  It was a small web for a small spider, complete with thirty-two rows of webbing, and seven small fleas and gnats caught in its deadly snare.  He was watching the small brown spider coming out and starting to wrap them in its web, spinning them around and around, aproximately twelve times each.  It then proceeded to devour each one of them quickly.
  Steinvor then realized that he'd gotten distracted and turned back to pay attention to what his chief was saying."

That would be quite hard to follow.  ;)
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

SFox63

gotcha, i think i'll be fine without writing incredible detail about spider webs and their captured vittles

Thomas Barkshield

What I'm saying is that you should put about as much detail as jacques did.

SFox63

i dont think we should be worrying so much about the amount of detail of the rp as much as starting it x3

KitrallStreamrippler

;D Exactly so, my good fellow. I wish, however, to make one further comment on the subject of detail and imagery. I've noticed that Mr. Jacques doesn't actually have big, in-depth descriptions in his books. He used a small number of words to create a powerful image, and I definitely admire that about him.
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight!

Shadowed One

Quote from: KitrallStreamrippler on May 09, 2013, 06:39:50 AM
;D Exactly so, my good fellow. I wish, however, to make one further comment on the subject of detail and imagery. I've noticed that Mr. Jacques doesn't actually have big, in-depth descriptions in his books. He used a small number of words to create a powerful image, and I definitely admire that about him.

Yes, but he always used very descriptive words.
Martin the Warrior is way more epic than Mickey Mouse. Anyone who says otherwise is insane, or just wrong.

"I'm languishing in heroic obscurity!"-Doc

Thomas Barkshield

Well, if you all want to start this RP I'll set it up right now. BTW Don't skimp on food descriptions. ;)

SFox63

W0NWILL

Just a heads up, I edited Sampson's profile, making him a fair bit older than I originally planned. Basically, not a dibbun. Oh, and a bit o' advice, write as if the reader's there. Like, 'standing outside the cabin, looking across the river, all the way to the mountains.' Like they have already seen it, leaving them free to imagine it how they please.

Dannflower Reguba

Name: Neiflh Heim

Species: Squirrel

Weapons: Long bow, two knives, expert camouflager.

Personality: A little cold sometimes, really knows the parameters of his job. Has a somewhat wry sense of humor, but if you manage to befriend him, you'll never be short of backup.

Appearance: Wears a somewhat bulky forest green tunic, with furs, slate gray fur, aqua blue eyes, has a scar going from the back of his left ear curving around into his left eye ( thankfully, the eye was not damaged).

Armor: Tight bound leather and bark gauntlets and shin guards.

(I think that's it)
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Thomas Barkshield

Rainshadow

I'd like to make a second character, one who's in the ruins of the fort, if that's okay with you guys.

Name:  Vel

Species:  Squirrel

Weapons:  Vel carries a sling and a short sword, both of which were made by herself from the available resources, meaning she stole a bit of cloth from one of the dead guards and found a whale carcass on the shore, where she got the bone for her blade.  She also has several throwing knives, some made from the same whale as her sword, some stolen from the rats.  And lastly, Vel carries a lockpicking set, one that she uses quite often.

Physical Appearance:  Vel is a jet black squirrel with dark eyes.  The only parts of her that aren't dark are her footpaws, which are a light grey.  Vel has also dyed the patch of fur underneath her eyes a light blue.  She has no real reason for that other than the fact that she thinks it makes her look good.

Armour/clothing:  Vel wears a black leather tunic stolen from one of the dead rat guards.  She doesn't like how it smells, but she still wears it, thinking that maybe the smell will disguise her if anyone were to pass into her territory.
 The squirrelmaid also wears dark grey trousers with several pockets to hold her lockpicking tools and whatever else she may need to keep in them.  She has a black belt which holds her short sword, which is attached to the left side, and she tucks her sling into it.  She wears a belt running from her left shoulder to her right hip, with all of her knives tucked neatly into it.
 On top of all that, Vel wears a black cloak with a hood, which is almost always up.

Personality:  Vel is a very secretive squirrel, quiet and suspicious.  She doesn't trust others easily, and she's rather rude.  She isn't used to other living creatures around her, and isn't happy when others intrude upon her territory.  She is quite the sneak, and tends to stick to the shadows, staying practically invisible to anybeast who isn't looking.

History:  Vel was born close to Terramort, a fort that everybeast around despised.  She, however, found it to be quite an interesting place, spending much of her time lurking in the shadows, exploring the large building.  She didn't tell her parents where she went, but whenever she would come home, she'd smell like the fort.  Her parents were so unhappy when they found out that they decided to leave their home and go to someplace called Mossflower.
 Vel, obviously, didn't like the idea, so as her parents were packing up their belongings, she snuck away to the castle, hiding inside until her parents came looking for her.  Then, as she knew the passages much more than they did, she was able to hide until they assumed the worst and left.  She's stayed in Terramort ever since, thinking it to be her own castle, seeing as no other beast would go within a mile of it.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Thomas Barkshield

Accepted, she sounds cool!

Rainshadow

Thanks!  :D  I'm thinking that I might have her tag along with the vikings (after yelling at them for trespassing and being angry for several days, etc.), if that's alright with you.

Thomas Barkshield