News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Verdauga, 2024

Main Menu

Do you ever watch children's TV shows?

Started by Orinoco, May 05, 2013, 09:53:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz_Bumble

Quote from: Firehawke on May 07, 2013, 07:09:08 PM
I love watching kids shows!!!  Especially ones from the 60s, 70s, and 80s (love Smurfs and Muppet Babies)!!!

Ahh, the good old days of proper TV shows. I've got the Complete Set of DVDs for The Smurfs:)

There's a new Sky TV channel starting here in New Zealand next week that will be playing a lot of good (and not so good) old shows. No cartoons unfortauntely, but shows like Wonder Woman, Charlie's Angels, Mork & Mindy, The A-Team, The Love Boat, etc.

Rainshadow

Ah, I tried to watch Mork & Mindy at one point, but it was really hard to get through the first episode.  ::)  I liked The A-Team, though.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Ungatt Trunn

My family dosn't have cable, but my Grandma's house does. When my younger brothers and sisters wach them, and when I never really have anything to do there, though that only happens once in a while, I usully wach them.

Life is too short to rush through it.

Buzz_Bumble

I forgot before, the new channel is re-playing one kids show (so far): Thunderbirds ... YIPPEE!!!  :)

The proper British TV puppet series, not the  Americanised garbage movie version made by Jonathan "know-nothing-about-Thunderbirds" Frakes, aka Commander Riker in Star Trek: The Next Generation.

Apparently, not long before he died last year :( Gerry Anderson had signed a deal for a new series of Thunderbirds to be made using computer CGI puppets.

Romsca

Quote from: Orinoco on May 06, 2013, 09:58:47 PM
Quote from: Romsca on May 06, 2013, 02:05:28 AM
A kid's show I LONG to see but have never seen YET is Jake and the Neverland Pirates

Oh my gosh, I watched that show the other day, and it was adorable! A little kiddish, yes, but I was actually able to sit through a whole half hour and not get bored.

I'm never gonna grow up.  ::) :D

LOL me neither :D :P

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Quote from: Romsca on May 09, 2013, 12:45:22 AM
Quote from: Orinoco on May 06, 2013, 09:58:47 PM
Quote from: Romsca on May 06, 2013, 02:05:28 AM
A kid's show I LONG to see but have never seen YET is Jake and the Neverland Pirates

Oh my gosh, I watched that show the other day, and it was adorable! A little kiddish, yes, but I was actually able to sit through a whole half hour and not get bored.

I'm never gonna grow up.  ::) :D

LOL me neither :D :P

Or me. Ah like bein' a kid!
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

WoodlandWarrior

Cartoons!  Love 'em.

Let me see:

G.I. Joe from the 80s
Thundarr the Barbarian
He-Man from the 80s
Thundercats from the 80s
Ren and Stimpy
Rocko's Modern Life
Robotech from the 80s
Regular Show
Amazing Adventures of Gumball
Johnny Quest from the 80s
TinTin

Not so much kid's toons but toons none the less:
Sealab 2021
Aqua  Teen Hunger Force
Squidbillies

I could go on, but my list would be tooooo much!
"The secret we should never let the gamemasters know is that they don't need any rules."  -Gary Gygax

phoenixfoden

does anyone like woody woodpecker i have dvds of episodes from the 40s and 90s

WoodlandWarrior

Quote from: phoenixfoden on May 12, 2013, 02:37:49 AM
does anyone like woody woodpecker i have dvds of episodes from the 40s and 90s

Me too!  How could I forget Woody and his buddy Chilly Willy! Uh hee achooo! :)
"The secret we should never let the gamemasters know is that they don't need any rules."  -Gary Gygax

phoenixfoden

WoodlandWarrior

Quote from: phoenixfoden on May 13, 2013, 02:26:44 AM
i got a five disc pack for $20

Cool!  I have two sets from from the Walter Lantz collection.  It has Woody, Chilly Willy, Oswald the Rabbit, Andy Panda, and the Cartune Classics...I picked those up along with the original Tom and Jerry set.

phoenixfoden

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

King Arthur an' ze Knightz o' Juztice, Ed, Edd, an' Eddy, Ze Grim Adventurez o' Billy an' Mandy, Camp Lazlo, zigh...good timez...
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

WoodlandWarrior

Quote from: HeadInAnotherGalaxy on May 13, 2013, 03:15:18 PM
King Arthur an' ze Knightz o' Juztice, Ed, Edd, an' Eddy, Ze Grim Adventurez o' Billy an' Mandy, Camp Lazlo, zigh...good timez...

Billy and Mandy are funny, I don't think I've ever seen the King Arthur cartoon.  Ed, Edd, and Eddy crack me up.  Such a goofy and fun toon.

Saolta Oiche

Always! How can you not watch the programs you used to watch as kids? I am currently making my way through the old Mr Men series.  ;D
Have fun, smile and keep your head high. Be as happy as a hare!