News:

Cheers to an Auspicious Autumn, Ev'rybeast! Enjoy a hot cider and the cool breezes, as the year dwindles to its end. . .

Main Menu

Víkingar

Started by Thomas Barkshield, May 09, 2013, 02:59:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KitrallStreamrippler

Nama braced herself grimly, holding her spear at the ready. The rats were getting closer- Nama let out a wild, bloodcurdling warcry. "KÄRLEK OCH ÄRAAAAA!" A few rats hesitated, but were swept along by their companions.
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight!

Shadowed One

Roald fought with skill and experience, but the rats were too many for a few beasts. They were slowly being driven back from the shore, away from their ships that were swiftly returning.
Martin the Warrior is way more epic than Mickey Mouse. Anyone who says otherwise is insane, or just wrong.

"I'm languishing in heroic obscurity!"-Doc

KitrallStreamrippler

Nama didn't waste her breath on more battlecries- she was grim and silent now, slashing and lunging viciously with her spear. She found herself being driven slowly back, and dug in, refusing to take another retreating step. The rats were closing in around her, but she would not move. The ottermaid was determined to stay put.

Tyv was about to step into the cabin when she felt the ship begin to turn. They were putting about an going back! Was there going to be a rescue attempt? She hurried up on deck to find Nama- and saw her on the shore, fighting alongside Roald and Elda. They defenders were being driven back, but Nama suddenly stopped. Tyv gripped the ship's rail nervously. The rats were going to surround Nama if she didn't move!
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight!

Shadowed One

Roald swung wildly as he was dragged down by a swarm of rats. He was quickly beaten unconscious.
Martin the Warrior is way more epic than Mickey Mouse. Anyone who says otherwise is insane, or just wrong.

KitrallStreamrippler

Tyv watched helplessly from the ship as rats took down Roald, and surrounded Nama fully. The tall otter was obviously using her last reserves of strength now. It wouldn't be long until she was overwhelmed by sheer numbers. "The cowards, the filthy cowards!" Tyv shouted furiously, tears running down her face.

Nama was in trouble, and she knew it. There was no way she could resist the rats for long. Her arms felt leaden, and her attacks were automatic- slash, cut, lunge... She didn't even have enough energy to dodge anymore. Then finally she, like Roald, was overwhelmed by the rats and beaten unconscious.

Shadowed One

Roald slowly awoke. He was tied to a rock, being balanced on the edge of a cliff by rats. In the distance, he saw the ships, but they were quite a distance off. He hoped someone would help him before the rats threw him off.

KitrallStreamrippler

Nama woke, surprised to still be alive. She was being dragged up to the top of a cliff, where Roald was already being held. Noticing the rock tied to him, Nama felt a surge of dread. The rats' purpose was all too clear. The rats dragging her reached the top and dropped her roughly on the ground. Lying still and feigning unconsciousness, she tested her bonds- they were too tight to squirm out of, but they were only around her paws. Unfortunately, there were still enough rats here to do for her. She carefully felt around for a sharp rock, which she used to begin cutting the cord on her paws, trying to make as little movement as possible.

Rainshadow

Elda opened her eyes, trying to keep from groaning.  She tried to remember what happened.  Something about being attacked by rats?  Yes, that's what happened.  They'd been captured.

Glancing over at Nama, Elda made a "Psst!" noise, making it as soft as possible.  "Nama," she whispered, "are ye alright?"

Suddenly, a whining noise sounded from the other side of the rock she was tied to.  It was rather high pitched, but she couldn't put a face to the voice.  "Hey, wot's goin' on 'ere?  Where am I?  Gimme outta 'ere!"

Elda grunted as the ropes tightened around her chest, squeezing the air out of her lungs.  The beast behind her must be straining on the ropes.  "Would ye care tae stop tha'?" she whispered harshly, pulling back.  She heard a gasp from the other side of the boulder, and the other beast quit struggling.  "Thankee," she whispered after a moment.  "Noo, wot's yer name?"

"Why should I tell yew?" the other voice, clearly a female, whispered back.  "Yew ain't been o' no 'elp ta me, missie!"

"Shh!" the albino breathed, stopping all movement as she saw a rat turn to stare at her.  She desperately hoped that the rat hadn't heard them, and she was pleased when the creature turned back, shaking its head.

"Mah name's Elda," she uttered, turning her head a bit so that she could talk quieter, yet still have the other creature hear her.  "Elda Logi, tha's mae."

She heard a sigh, then a quick, "M'name's Vel," before silence fell again.

"Vel," she muttered, nodding her head.  "Nahce name, tha' is."

A grunt was her only reply.

"Noo, Vel, wot are we gonnae dae?  Ye got anythin' tae 'elp us break free?"

"Yeah," Vel replied quickly.  "I got's me knife, but I don't think I'll be able ta reach it."  There was silence for a second, then a soft, triumphant noise was heard.  "Got it!" she whispered.  "Now, if I can only reach the ropes ta cut 'em..."
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Shadowed One

Roald saw a rat coming towards the prisoners. He was carrying a pole, and it was clear what he was planning to use it for.

KitrallStreamrippler

Nama heard Elda's "psst" but ignored her for the time being, concentrating instead on cutting the cord around her paws. She could feel it fraying- there! Keeping still, she looked around for something to use as a weapon or a means of escape. Well, they were at the edge of a cliff, but behind them was a steep hill. Steep enough to ride down, thought Nama with an inward smile. As Dibbuns, her and Tyv had often ridden down hills on pieces of bark or rock, getting faster and faster as they went. Now if only there was something to use as a sled... Then a rat approached them, a pole slung over his shoulder.

Shadowed One

The rat approached Roald first, and stuck his pole under the rock. The rat leverd the rock towards the cliff side. Then Roald saw Nama escape her bonds, and finally decided to try to stall the rats. He pushed his paws into the ground to stop himself from going forward. It worked, but not for long.

Rainshadow

Elda heard a faint snapping noise and a gasp of happiness as the bonds around her loosened.  This was one time when she wished she were a nice brown colour so she could blend in with the surroundings.  How could anybeast miss a big, white target?

Suddenly, something black moved in the corner of her eye.  She turned her head to see the black squirrel from earlier crawling around the rock.  Was that Vel?  The otter noticed her injured leg and grimaced slightly; it would be quite hard to sneak out with an arrow wound.  She waved a paw to signal the squirrel that she should stay down, then she looked at Nama.

Elda made another "Psst!" sound, willing the otter to look at her.  She tried mouthing an "Ah'm frae, but wot are we gonna do noo, Nama?", hoping that she would understand what the albino was trying to say.

Vel inched forward, not caring to listen to the otter.  What an odd looking otter she was!  Pure white, but for some reason, she had a slightly red mouth.  The squirrel didn't know what to make of the creature.  Was she a different type of otter?  She didn't look like any other otter she'd seen, so she guessed that that look was normal to her type.

Vel leaned as close as she could to the white otter, her eye on the rat that was approaching another otter.  "'Ey, we gonna escape 'r wot?  I don't wanna stay 'ere fer longer than I hafta."

Elda whispered back, "We're gonna help the other baesties o'er there."  She subtly gestured at Roald and Nama, as well as some other crewmates that had been caught.  "We ain't laevin' wi'out them, y'hear?"
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Shadowed One

Roald was pushed over the cliff edge, but a protruding rock cut through his bonds and he grabbed the cliff edge as the rock fell down to the shore.

KitrallStreamrippler

"Psst!" Nama looked over at Elda and noticed the slack ropes. She winked, trying to signal that she was also free. Then, Roald was pushed over the cliff! Nama could see his paws gripping the cliff edge, and quickly made up her mind- there was no time to think; just to act. Nama bounded to her paws and sprinted over to Roald. She kicked a rat off the cliff, into empty space, then grabbed Roald's paws and heaved. "Come on," she muttered through clenched teeth as she pulled him up onto firm ground.

Shadowed One

"Thanks," said Roald. He kicked a rat and grabbed its sword. Then he started cutting everyone else free.