Víkingar

Started by Thomas Barkshield, May 09, 2013, 02:59:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

W0NWILL

OOC: Hey! Don't leave Sampson behind!

BIC: Dari and Sampson had climbed out of the cellar. Sampson's jaw dropped when he saw all the rats he would have to get past in order to reach the ship. He swallowed his fear and began running toward the rats, swinging his spear wildly. Dari flew up and zoomed toward the ship, flying as fast as he could, leaving Sampson behind.
One of the rats, a large one with a thin squint charged at Sampson, waving a club. He snarled and swung it at Sampson's ribs. Sampson couldn't keep upright, he went down. The nearby rats massed on their prey like a school of piranhas.
Sampson couldn't see for all the tightly mass fur. His spear was useless in such close quarters battling so many. Abandoning it, he began punching and clawing and biting as best he could. Fear engulfed him, but he kept on struggling.

KitrallStreamrippler

Tyv, who had turned to shout a parting taunt at the rats, saw Sampson go down. "We left Sampson! Turn about- he'll be slaughtered! Turn about!" She shouted frantically, desperately hoping that somebeast would hear her and be able to do something.
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight!

Rainshadow

Vel held one of her many throwing knives by the blade, ready to throw it at anybeast who came through the door.  Luckily, even though her main throwing arm, the right one, was injured, she had taught herself to throw nearly as well with her left arm, so she could stand a chance against rats.
 The black squirrel was starting to get a bit worried by the fact that they were all being attacked.  She had no idea where they could've come from; certainly not the fort!  She had wandered all the passages in Terramort.  There were only dead rats there.

Elda had been in the galley, trying to make a meal out of the meagre supply of shellfish they had found on the shores when she heard somebeast shout something about rats.  Rats! she cried out in her mind, dropping everything she was doing and running to her new bunk to take up her dagger and shield.  She had put them in there after the small expedition into the fort, thinking she wouldn't need them.  Unfortunately, she was wrong.
 Sprinting up onto the deck, she held her shield and lashed out with her ladle, smacking the vermin anywhere she could.  While the weapon may have not looked like much, she'd used it in many a battle.  The blood of several vermin was on her Traustar.  She could easily crack bones with the strong ladle, combined with the strength from her sea otter blood.  She trusted her strange weapon, preferring a blunt spoon over a sword.

OOC:  Sorry I'm a bit behind, I've had a busy week.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

SFox63

Steinvor let out a battlecry as he rushed the nearest vermin and heabutted him off the ship, arms out like a madbeast, he grabbed hold of his greatsword and flung it around, knocking another vermin who was coming aboard off into the sea. "Comeon Laddies! show em what ye got!." He charged into a group of em stabbing him through the back and hoisting him up, and over to another vermin who unfortunately, caught his friend and wobbled overboard.

KitrallStreamrippler

Nama ignored her sprained footpaw as she defended the ship- she could get it seen to later if the rats were defeated, and if they weren't, well, she probably wouldn't have to worry about her paw for very long. Thwacking left and right with her spear, she sent many rats over the side. At one point, several of them tried to attack her, but the fierce otter turned her spear sideways and charged them, forcing the rats backwards over the rail.

Tyv was also holding her own, though she was beginning to get tired. If she could just catch he breath for a moment, she would be fine. Slicing through a rat who was in her way, she ran for the hold, hoping it was deserted. The door was open and all was quiet, so Tyv stepped inside gratefully...
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight!

Shadowed One

Roald saw Sampson go down. He fired an arrow at the rat attacking Sampson, killing it. "Svein, we left Sampson!" he yelled.
Martin the Warrior is way more epic than Mickey Mouse. Anyone who says otherwise is insane, or just wrong.

"I'm languishing in heroic obscurity!"-Doc

KitrallStreamrippler

Nama heard Roald's shout, and saw that Svein was occupied. Sighing, she cut down a rat in front of her then dived overboard, yelling her warcry. "Kärlek och ära!" Nama surfaced then swam for shore, cutting through the water like a knife.

Shadowed One

Roald followed Nama' s example, diving overboard with sword drawn. Being an otter, he quickly reached the shore and started cutting his way through to Sampson.
Martin the Warrior is way more epic than Mickey Mouse. Anyone who says otherwise is insane, or just wrong.

KitrallStreamrippler

Nama was pleased to see Roald pop out of the water beside her, and quickly followed his example in cutting down anybeast in her way as she fought to reach Sampson. She soon reached him, and began battering at the rats around him furiously, hoping the effort wasn't in vain...

Rainshadow

Elda had been fighting vermin in the shallows, and, seeing Nama and Roald fighting their way through to Sampson, the albino swung her ladle at a rat, knocking it senseless as she shouted, "LOOOOGGGGIIIIIIII!!!!!!"
  The ottermaid heaved Traustar to and fro, whacking at rats as she simultaneously hit them with her shield.  Her left arm - the shield arm - was currently numb, due to the countless times she'd blocked attacks.  She couldn't wait for the battle to be over!
  Fighting through the numerous rodents, Elda furiously made her way to the duo, giving a faint smile and an "'Ello" before continuing her attack.

OOC:  Sorry it's taking me so long to post.  I don't get a lot of time for RPs anymore.  :(
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

KitrallStreamrippler

OOC: It's all right. Sad, but understandable. (Totally random, but when did you see Les Mis? I notice you changed your profile pic and sig.)

BIC: Nama ran a rat through with her spear, then extricated the tip before returning Elda's greeting. "Hello," she said, then slew another rat- it was the last one on Sampson, but there were plenty more coming. "Keep them away for a moment," she yelled to Elda and Roald, then bent to check if Sampson was breathing. He looked pretty bad...

Shadowed One

Roald pulled out his shield, and beat of all attackers that came. The vermin pulled back, but only to regroup.

KitrallStreamrippler

Nama straightened up, wincing. "He's breathing, but unconscious. How in the name of blood an' fur are we going to get him back to the ships?" She looked out at the massed rats hopelessly.

Thomas Barkshield

"turn the ships around!" svein ordered.

Shadowed One

"Look, they are coming back!" Roald shouted. Then the vermin charged straight at the small group.