News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Verdauga, 2024

Main Menu

Víkingar

Started by Thomas Barkshield, May 09, 2013, 02:59:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

W0NWILL

Sampson hit the bottom with a painful thud and a long groan. He lay flat on his back for a while, catching his breath. When he felt like he could move, he slowly sat up, wincing, and looked up at the window about five feet above. He wouldn't be able to climb out that easily. That's when he noticed he was right at the edge of a staircase, going down into the gloom. A few moments staring down it and he realized that if the window had been a little to the side, he would of landed on the stairs and probably of broken his back falling down them. He let that resound before standing up and tottering down the stairs. That was the most likely place the spear would've gone.
At the bottom, he found his spear gone. It wasn't where it would of been. He let out a gasp that turned into a groan of exasperation. That spear was his only weapon and his only connection to home. Feeling ahead of him blindly as he shuffled forward, his paws came into contact with something solid....and furry! He screamed and fell over backward as a loud, screeching laugh came.
"Hoo, ho, whoo!" the words forced themselves between the cackles, "Sorry, do you live here? Just passing through. I can leave." Sampson could nearly see the tear of mirth on the...creature's face.
"Well, no. Same." he managed to choke out before he sat down, a paw over his chest, hyperventilating.
"Oh, hey, sorry." the other creature said, "Didn't mean to scare you. I'm Dari. You?"
Sampson breathed deeply with his scarf next to his face, taking comfort in its scent. When he had sufficiently recovered he spoke, "Sampson."
"Well, nice to meet you Sampson, is this yours?" Dari pressed a long thin object into Sampson's paws, "Don't think you would come down here if it wasn't or you weren't hiding, like me." Dari made a face which he knew Sampson wouldn't see in the darkness, "Farest will be after me, the goody two-shoes."
Sampson felt the spear, "Yes, this is mine."
"Good, let's go." Dari said, leading Sampson up the stairs.

Thomas Barkshield

"Has anyone seen that rascal Sampson?" Erlend said. "No matter, He'll show up once he hears that were making clam soup for vittles tonight!" Svein said.

OOC: How about a feast in the story, with things one would find on terramort?

Rainshadow

OOC:  That'd probably be something that Elda could do, seeing as she's the head cook (well, for at least one of the ships ;)).

BIC:  Elda snapped to attention, glancing at Svein.  "W-we are, Chief?"  She cleared her throat.  "Ahem, Ah maen, aye, we are, Chief!"  Mentally, she was already making a list of ingredients she'd need for the meal.  She dearly hoped that somebeast was gathering supplies.  Steinvor probably was, she guessed.  He had a good head on his shoulders.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Dannflower Reguba

OOC: SFox, recanting means denying something you've previously stated. Reciting on the other hand would work in this situation.  ;)
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Shadowed One

Roald took Vel from Olaf. "What should I do with her, Svein?"
Martin the Warrior is way more epic than Mickey Mouse. Anyone who says otherwise is insane, or just wrong.

"I'm languishing in heroic obscurity!"-Doc

Thomas Barkshield

"Lock her in the hold, once she seems to have a civil head on her shoulders let her out." replied Svein.

Shadowed One

"Yes, sir," said Roald. He locked her up, then returned to the meal area.
Martin the Warrior is way more epic than Mickey Mouse. Anyone who says otherwise is insane, or just wrong.

SFox63

Quote from: danflorreguba on May 13, 2013, 09:42:49 PM
OOC: SFox, recanting means denying something you've previously stated. Reciting on the other hand would work in this situation.  ;)

OCC: yeah sorry ment to say retelling, or re-living

Rainshadow

Elda clapped her paws gently together, mumbling, "Right then, Ah'll get tae work on supper."  She wandered out of the castle, trying not to smell the dead rats littered around.
  Stepping out of the fort, the albino squinted in the bright daylight.  The sun was starting to go down, but it wasn't down yet.  She put a paw in front of her so that she could see.  Well, see better, at least.
  Elda walked briskly to the ships, her paw still shielding her eyes from the bright orb that wasn't sinking fast enough.  Sighing, she boarded, hoping that somebeast had gathered shellfish for the supper.  She walked to where she hoped Steinvor would be, in his cabin.  Knocking on the door, she called softly, "Steinvoor, sir, are ye en theere?"
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Shadowed One

Roald had an uneasy feeling. He walked back to the ship where he had left the captive, and went to the hold. He looked and saw the hold door open, even though he had locked it before!

Rainshadow

Vel lay inside the hold, moaning and groaning.  Her shoulder felt like it was on fire.  She was sure it was infected.  Who knew where that arrow had been?
  Opening her eyes slowly, she stared at the door, surprised to see it open.  Figures.  Those stupid beasts couldn't be bothered to close their own doors.  She felt a tiny bit of dread when she saw the annoying otter standing in the doorway, though.  He'd probably blame the unlocked door on her.  Something about how she'd somehow picked the door and tried to escape.  He probably wouldn't even notice that she hadn't tried to escape.  He'd be so surprised that the door was open that he'd immediately assumed the squirrel wanted to leave, so he'd attack her, tie her up, lock the door and set a watch outside of it.  Typical.  She had a face no one could trust.  Then again, she didn't want to be trusted.  She wanted to be left alone.

Shadowed One

Roald walked inside. He saw the prisoner, and immediately assumed that she was trying to escape. Until he happened to look at the floor. There was a rat footprint, and another, and another, and another! He looked at the squirrel prisoner. "Did you see the rats?" He asked, drawing his sword, "or is this some kind of trick?"

Rainshadow

Vel sneered at the otter, and she would have laughed at what he had said, but she was in too much pain to risk it.  "Seriously, ya think I's tryin' ta trick yer?  I ain't able ter move from me arm, an' yew think I'm tryin' ta trick ya?  Wot kinda fool are ye, seadog?  Eh?  Eh?"

OOC:  Roald's a sea otter, right?  Or is he a river otter?

Shadowed One

OOC: Sea otter

BIC: "Alright, then it wasn't a trick. That means there were rats in this room. Did you see them?" Roald sheathed his sword, but kept a paw on it.

Rainshadow

Vel rolled her eyes.  How could this otter be any more thick?  "No, o' course I didn't see 'em.  I were unconscious, duh!  An' wot does it ma'er (matter) if'n there were a rat in 'ere?  I ain't got no bit o' care in me at all, seadog."
  She stuck her pink tongue out at the otter, feeling quite grumpy.  She was in a foul mood, her shoulder bothering her too much for her liking.  This otter was one of the beasts responsible for her injuries, so she didn't feel like being polite at all.