News:

Moderator activity in progress. Please, be patient. ~ Sincerely, The Staff

Main Menu

Víkingar

Started by Thomas Barkshield, May 09, 2013, 02:59:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tam and Martin

Milo had also gone ashore with the party to explore the island. She walked down a cavern with a few other crewbeasts exploring the caves. She walked alongside another squirrel like herself when she heard a shout. She looked quizzacillay at her companion "Wot is that"
The sound came again and the two squirrels bounded off through the dusty caverns.

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

W0NWILL

Sampson was nowhere near the large group chasing Vel, because that's the sort of thing everyone would jump at to make their characters experience. He snorted. A little variety, please! Specifically, he was inspecting the beach and wall in the front of the castle. He had been searching for about five minutes when he saw the little window and was flat on his paws and knees in front of it. He wiped the glass, which the window had surprisingly managed to keep, clean with his long purple scarf, and tried to make something out. There was absolutely nothing he could see in the gloom. He reached behind him and took the spear from the small loop of leather he always reserved for it.
The spear was a beautiful one, about the size of his forepaw with a large head that was actually wooden, but was made of a very strong wood from the northlands and would, predictably, never break. The head was thin at the top and came wider towards the bottom like any normal spear, but at the very bottom it curved in sharply to stop whatever was impaled on it to not get off easy. It was a fishing spear, meant to hunt the large fish of the northern sea. A good-luck charm for hunting was carved into the head; a shark circling a school of fish. Sampson was the sort who believed whatever anyone told him unconditionally, that including good-luck charms actually worked.
He speared the window as he might spear a fish. The old glass would endure no more, and smashed easily. The spear went sailing out of Sampson's grip into the gloom of the old castle. Sampson let out a cry of pain and shock, partially due to loosing his spear, and partially due to the two-inch-long bit of glass that had impaled itself in his forearm.
Sampson gritted his teeth with pain, clutching the arm near the long dagger of glass sticking from his arm. He allowed himself a moment to recover, but not too long. Someone might of heard the glass breaking and he was too proud to have them see him like this. He jammed one end of his ludicrously long scarf into his mouth and bit down to keep himself from screaming as he removed the bit of glass and tossed it to one side. Blood flowed toward his paw as he clumsily used the other to wrap the other end of the scarf around the wound. In reality, it was really only a cut, but Sampson was a bit of a wimp when it came to physical harm that wasn't in the heat of battle. Then he wouldn't notice.
He inspected the blood turning the scarf darker and tightened it a bit more. That done, he leaned over the darkness that yawned like a great black mouth ready to swallow him. He was scared, there was no denying that, but that spear was very important to him. Before he had a chance to change his mind, he squeezed his eyes shut and jumped into the darkness.

OOC: Yeah, I know that most windows wouldn't have glass in the first place/the glass had fallen out long ago, but this is for the story. And the spear is made from the same sort of wood as Russa's stick, to give you a mind to it.

Shadowed One

"You should tell us why you were spying on us. Or is that too good for the likes of you?" said Roald, lowering his longbow.
Martin the Warrior is way more epic than Mickey Mouse. Anyone who says otherwise is insane, or just wrong.

"I'm languishing in heroic obscurity!"-Doc

Rainshadow

Vel rolled her eyes, her teeth bared at Olaf, keeping a close eye on the squirrel.  "I told yew, this be my castle, not yers!  Yer trespassin' on my private property.  I coulda killed yew when I first spotted ya, but I didn't.  I spared yer useless lives, an' 'ow do yew repay me?  Ya shoot me!"
  She didn't dare make an attempt to lower herself from the high beam.  She wasn't going to be able to climb down, seeing as she couldn't put any weight on her left arm.  Plus, she was at least twenty feet from the floor, even if she didn't know what twenty feet was.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

KitrallStreamrippler

Seeing as there was no longer any immediate threat to the squirrel or to the group of travelers, Tyv went back to being her usual irrepressible self. She relaxed, strumming her lute absently. "If you didn't want us shooting at you, you shouldn't have skulked in the shadows. And do you really think we believe that you own this place? Where are your parents, young one?"
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight!

Rainshadow

The young squirrel felt quite offended at the mousemaid's question.  Why should she need parents to look after her?  She had done just fine for four seasons!
 "I ain't tellin' yew, mousy!" she spat, sneering at the tiny speck of a mouse.  This would be great fun, yelling at adults, if it weren't for the pain in her shoulder.  Suddenly, the pain increased, and black spots started forming in her vision.  She groaned, her eyes crossing and everything fading to black as she passed out, nearly falling off the beam.

Elda watched in horror as the young maid collapsed, lying with her stomach to the rotting wood.  "Olaf!" she cried, not able to tear her pink eyes from the black form.  "Olaf, get the wee lassie doon before she gets hurt further!"  The otter would have climbed up there and saved the squirrel if she could, but unfortunately, she couldn't climb.  Even worse, she was terrified of heights.  Going up there would most likely bring about the end of the albino.

OOC:  Yes, you have my permission to grab Vel, throw her onto your back and bring her down, Thom.  ;)  I just knocked her out because I see no way that her pride would allow herself to be carried down by a trespasser.  ::)
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Shadowed One

Roald put away his longbow. "That creature doesn't seem in any position to harm us now, Cheif. Should we take her along with us, or leave her here?"
Martin the Warrior is way more epic than Mickey Mouse. Anyone who says otherwise is insane, or just wrong.

Thomas Barkshield

Svein  called to Olaf "bring her down here, she wouldn't survive a week in the state she's in!" In reply, Olaf quickly scrambled up the beam and skilfully clambered back down.   

Shadowed One

Roald kept a sword near her, just in case.

Dannflower Reguba

OOC: Could I get a summary please?  ???
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Thomas Barkshield

OOC: Well, so far one of the ships was wrecked by a berg, we landed on terramort, Olaf shot Vel in the shoulder, and she passed out leaving us to get her down from the beam she was on.

Shadowed One

"Should I tell the ships to prepare to leave? There isn't anything of value on this island," said Roald.

Dannflower Reguba

Neiflh had dispatched himself to explore the island that was, of course, his job. He had skirted the areas that the others were investigating, specifically the castle. He had by now returned to regroup with the others at the castle, and being one of the lightest beasts in the group he took to the beams to nab the trouble maker that Olaf had shot.

OOC: Not light as in weight, light as in what he carries.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

W0NWILL

OOC: Don't forget that Sampson fell into the dungeons/cellars of the castle.

SFox63

As all the ships were docking and creatures getting out to stretch and kiss the ground as it were, Steinvor being a captain decided to stay back and organize the masses. Once everycreature had had their thrill of being on land for a while, he started getting all his crew together that didn't run off into the woods. "Alright' laddies, i want group 1 ta get goin on findin us some viddles, be it fruit, roots, bark, fish whatever have ye. Group 2 start settin' up da camp we may be here a while or we may not tha's up to da chief."

Once everybeast was set to work either finding food or setting up camp, Steinvor looks into the forest smiling, this was good for the crew to get on land and try to find food. steinvor would hope that tonight would have a great night of drinking, eating, and retelling tales of old. He proceeded to the shore looking for reefs of any kind, as he knew that they contained a plethora of things to eat such as clams, muscles, fish, shellfish, and the like.