News:

Cheers to an Auspicious Autumn, Ev'rybeast! Enjoy a hot cider and the cool breezes, as the year dwindles to its end. . .

Main Menu

The Price of Freedom

Started by Faiyloe, August 17, 2013, 12:07:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maudie

Ziga woke to the face of an ugly horde rat staring down at her. She scowled, "What do you want? It's the middle of the night." The rat whimpered, "her Ladyship needs you in her quarters." Ziga rolled her eyes. "Wonderful, what does she want now?"

She glared at the rat. "Leave me stupid!" As the rat walked out the door Ziga jumped out of her bed. She ran and slipped on her tunic and tied it hastily. She opened a small chest by her bed and grabbed her bag out of it.

As she approached Lady Valadash's chamber she noticed guards moving around outside. Something had happened tonight, and she needed to find out what.

She reached the end of the hall and tapped on the door. Without waiting for an answer she stepped in. She watched Valadash marking the map and waited for the weasel to acknowledge her.
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Faiyloe

Valadash

Valadash finished what she was doing and looked up " Ziga have you herd one of the out laws penetrated our outer wall defenses but the cowered ran off before we could catch I'm. Now tell me fox." she said standing up and walking over to Ziga "What do the signs tell you of this?"     
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

Maudie

Ziga closed her eyes and mumbled a bit to herself. After a minute she opened them and looked at Valadash. "O great one, the signs tell me that it is of no consequence. It is one outlaw, and that one outlaw won't get away again. That outlaw is doomed to die the next time he crosses paths with you, my Lady."

She looked out the window. "My Lady, this kingdom that you have built could last for a thousand seasons. No pitiful band of outlaws can destroy this great thing that you have created."
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Leatho Shellhound

OOC: You guys might want to wait till some of the others have posted.  :)
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Maudie

Faiyloe

Valadash

Valadash smiled and sat on one of the couches "This is good," she said poring a glass of wine for her self and one for Ziga. "Come sit, eat, drink," she said indicating the food left over form her last meal. there was a plate of candy fruit a tray of small cakes a bowl of nuts and most of a roast bird.      

The Shade

Fireflash had been wandering through the trees for some time after he had heard the vermin slavers. He glanced up, and saw the nearly-finished castle. We have to destroy it soon, before it is completed he thought. Suddenly, an arrow came whizzing through the trees, and buried itself not far from where he stood. Thinking it was a vermin sniper, he rolled behind the nearest tree trunk. After a while, he walked out. The object was like that of one of his crossbow bolts, and he picked it up.
They told me I was gullible. I believed them.

It is well known that 47% of statistics are made up on the spot.

I used to leave out half my sentances, but now I

Maudie

OOC: I take it that that arrow was Frim's, and btw, it's night now.

BIC:
Frim was satisfied with her handiwork. She just hoped that the outlaws would find it. She turned and went back to the slave compound.

Dannflower Reguba

OOC: Shade, watch yourself a bit, that was a bit of a PP there.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Faiyloe

OOC: Maybe the outlaws should hold a meeting or something before we go much farther. They haven't really been interacting with each other. We should let them get a firmer grip before we get to far. 

The Shade

OOC: Sure. Sorry about the PP, I just thought it would be better if I brought it up, as it might possibly be forgotten.

Leatho Shellhound

OOC: Good idea Faiyloe, I'll post after my soccer practice.

click the banner

Leatho Shellhound

OOC: sorry for dubble post.

BIC: Foxessa walked in to the firelight of a camp fire. There the other outlaws sat, waiting to meeting to begin.

"It's all clear, no beast is around," she said waiting for the outlaw leader to speek.

click the banner

The Shade

Sliverstar glanced up at the mouse. "Good work! Now, I think we are all here...." As he was speaking Fireflash burst through the undergrowth, waving an object excitedly. "Ahoy mates! Lookit what I found!" He rushed over to the meeting table, and unfolded a fold of bark parcment. "What is it?" Sliverstar snapped. " I dont have time for your silly jokes!" Fireflash shoke his head vigorusly. "No no, its from the slaves......" At this Sliverstars eyes opened wide.

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

"What does it say?" Varan asked, curious. Anything like this that the slaves would risk their lives to send to them had to be important. He wondered what it was that they were about to find out.
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.