The Feast of the Autumn of Many Leaves- RP thread!

Started by Dag Downyfur, August 19, 2013, 10:01:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rainshadow

Sister Anna was humming a cheery tune as she went about her work, tending to the bees outside the abbey.  "Hello there," she mumbled, taking a piece of dripping honeycomb from the box the bees were living in.  She loved the smell of honey, and when she was a Dibbun, she'd loved to watch old Brother Mardo take care of the tiny creatures, and had been thrilled when he offered to make her his apprentice.  Now, the old hedgehog had passed on, leaving Anna to do the job.

Finished with her work, the mouse took the sack filled with honey to the kitchen, setting it in a bowl on the counter.  "Got the honey for you, Friar!" she called before stepping out of the room and heading up the stairs.  She needed some time alone after being pestered by the children and nearly stung by the bees.  She had found the attic the season before, and it was a nice, quiet place to paint.  She'd recently been finding interesting things up there, too.  Spoons, a pot, broom heads, and the like had been left up there by somebeast, but Anna didn't care to move them.  Obviously they had been left up there for a reason, so why move them?

Taking a deep breath, the sister opened the door to the attic and walked in, shocked at what she saw.  "Namin?" she asked.  "Namin, what are you doing up here?"

Liderra wasn't feeling very good.  She'd been eating chestnuts for a while now, and her stomach was starting to hurt.  She wanted out of the sticky cupboard!  Opening the door a small bit, the squirrel peeked out, happy to see that there weren't very many beasts around.  She quickly glanced down, saw that the floor was pretty close, and jumped down, making a heavy thud!  She looked around, thankful for the fact that it was already loud in the kitchen.  Nobeast noticed!

The squirrel burst out of the kitchen, giggling as she ran to the pond to wash her paws off.  She had to get rid of the evidence quickly!  Once she made it to the pond, Li stuck her paws in, rubbed them together, then splashed some water on her face.  Pleased she had gotten most of the sticky sugar off, she skipped the entire way to the orchard, where she saw Sammo, Delia, and Titus.

"Oi, Sam', Ti'us, Del'a, wotcha doin', rollin' 'round on da groun' like dat?  You's look silly!"
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

rachel25

Namin tried to get further under her sack. But when it was clear that Sister Anna  wasn't going to leave, Namin made a break for it.
She rushed to the other end of the attic to the mouse, who was coming after her now.
Namin reached the other end of the attic and struggled with door.
She had never been further than this attic before, and hoped that there might be a way back down stairs.
Namin yanked on the door, then suddenly it burst open. Namin screamed as something fell on top of her.

Rainshadow

OOC:  Just gonna let you know, I never said that Anna was coming after Namin, so technically you were using my character.  I'll let it slide, since it's nothing major, but in the future, that's something you should watch out for.  :)

BIC:  Anna heard the scream and rushed to the young ottermaid, horrified at what might have happened.  When she rounded the corner, a cloud of dust had arisen, making it hard to see.  The mousemaid coughed and waved a paw in front of her face, finding it hard to breathe.  "Namin, are you alright?"
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

rachel25

OOC sorry got caught up. It won't happen again  :-[

BIC Namin whimpered, the dust had settled and see could almost see again.
The thing that had fallen on her was made of some sort of materiel.
Namin tried to push it off but it was too heavy.
"Help me Sisyter Anna, HELP!!!"     

Rainshadow

OOC:  Don't worry about it, I've done it a million times before.  It's just something that you have to learn how to get around, 'cause y'know, it's really hard to try and write when you can't control the characters!  ;)

Anna rushed forward, still coughing a bit, and pulled a large wooden board off of the ottermaid.  "Namin, are you alright?  Are you hurt?"  She scanned the Dibbun's body, checking for any major injuries.

rachel25

OOC okay thanks  :)
BIC Namin sat up, she was holding the materiel thing now. Namin looked up at Sister Anna.
"I be fine now, what are'a you doing up'a here?" 

Dag Downyfur

Dl
Quote from: HeadInAnotherGalaxy on August 23, 2013, 10:49:45 PM
"Ows! Who wis that?" The collision sent Titus rolling backwards into the wall. Picking himself up he looked at Delia. "Ouch," he said, rubbing his head. wha' choo rammin' us for's, eh?"
"Sorry, I di'nt see yous! Where's yous goin'?"
Doctor Who is epic, so is Sherlock. And many other fandoms, but there's not enough room to list them all in my signature!
"I am and always will be the optimist, the hoper of far-flung hopes and the dreamer of improbable dreams." -Matt Smith

rachel25

OOC I need Rainshadow to post again before I can  :( but I am still posting  :)

Rainshadow

OOC:  Sorry, I'm going to be in the car quite a bit, so I'm not on quite as much.

BIC:  Anna scratched her head, staring awkwardly at the young otter.  "Um, well, I was gonna do a bit of painting...  What are you doing up here, Namin?  You should be down by the pond or something, playing!"

rachel25

Namin hung her head.
"No of the other'a Dibbuns will play with me." She said. She looked the picture of rejection.

Rainshadow

Anna sighed.  There obviously wasn't going to be any way this young Dibbun would leave her.  "How about this, Namin?  You wanna paint with me?"  She walked over to the slightly dusty desk she'd found previously and opened a drawer, taking her various watercolor paints out and setting them down on the top of the desk.  She then took some paper from the drawer and set them next to the paints, then looked back at Namin.  "Would you care to join me?"

rachel25

Namin clapped her paws in delight.
"Thank you Sisyter! I lover painting, my mummy used to let me paint with her until she...Um." Namin's eyes filled with tears.

Rainshadow

The sister mentally smacked herself on the back of the head.  How could she be so stupid?  She started putting her painting supplies away, saying, "Why don't we go down to the kitchen and get something to eat?  Maybe the friar will let you have some strawberries!  I could even get you some fresh honey.  Wouldn't that be yummy?"

She started for the door, opening it and gesturing for the Dibbun to follow her.

rachel25

Namin wiped away her tears and followed Sister Anna over to the door.
"Okay, I'a like strwaberr'aties."

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Quote from: Dag Downyfur on September 02, 2013, 12:00:40 AM
Dl
Quote from: HeadInAnotherGalaxy on August 23, 2013, 10:49:45 PM
"Ows! Who wis that?" The collision sent Titus rolling backwards into the wall. Picking himself up he looked at Delia. "Ouch," he said, rubbing his head. wha' choo rammin' us for's, eh?"
"Sorry, I di'nt see yous! Where's yous goin'?"

"T'see abou' teh next'n DAB meetin'!" Titus said. "Come join uzn'z!"
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.