News:

Moderator activity in progress. Please, be patient. ~ Sincerely, The Staff

Main Menu

Autumn Nameday Feast

Started by Taggerung_of_Redwall, September 01, 2013, 01:10:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tam and Martin

*Raises mug of October Ale* Cheers!

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Aye! *Raizez 'iz mug o' Ztravberry Fizz* Cheerz! *Drinkz an' zen prompty favz oot o' 'iz zeat*
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Rainshadow

*Stares at Hiag's unconscious form*  ...Well then...
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Blazemane

I really, really like your idea for honoring the fallen heroes of 9/11, Rainshadow--especially considering the anniversary of the attacks is in 10 days.

And that poem seemed very good to me, Icefire!

Icefire

Ah! Look who showed up! *waves at Rainshadow*
Yes, a great choice! And a good generic name for the non-Americans...
Thank you all for your kind comments. I know I'm not much of a poet, but I did like the way that one turned out...even if I did mess it up at the end. Did any of you notice the secret pattern?
Living in peace, aye many a season,
Calm in life and sound in reason,,
'Til evil arrives, a wicked horde,
Driving a warrior to pick up his sword,
The challenger rings then, straight and fair,
Justice is with us, beware. Beware!

rachel25

Happy Autumn feast everyone (actually I love Autumn so I'm glad it's here  ;))
And Icefire your poem almost brought me to tears well done.
Everybody rise your glass to the new season  ;D 

Blazemane

Quote from: Icefire on September 02, 2013, 02:18:18 PMThank you all for your kind comments. I know I'm not much of a poet, but I did like the way that one turned out...even if I did mess it up at the end. Did any of you notice the secret pattern?

Drat! Not until you mentioned it.

The first letter of each line in the first two verses, read from top to bottom, says "Rainshadow," and the first letter of each line in the last two verses, read from the bottom to the top, says "Rainshadow."

Icefire

Quote from: Blazemane on September 02, 2013, 03:45:02 PM
Quote from: Icefire on September 02, 2013, 02:18:18 PMThank you all for your kind comments. I know I'm not much of a poet, but I did like the way that one turned out...even if I did mess it up at the end. Did any of you notice the secret pattern?

Drat! Not until you mentioned it.

The first letter of each line in the first two verses, read from top to bottom, says "Rainshadow," and the first letter of each line in the last two verses, read from the bottom to the top, says "Rainshadow."
Yay! As the first to post that you figured it out, you win a shortbread cookie! *passes the plate of shortbread cookies to Blazemane*
Yeah, it wasn't until I posted it here that I realized I messed up the second to last line.
Living in peace, aye many a season,
Calm in life and sound in reason,,
'Til evil arrives, a wicked horde,
Driving a warrior to pick up his sword,
The challenger rings then, straight and fair,
Justice is with us, beware. Beware!

The Shade

I cant believe I didnt see that!  :o
They told me I was gullible. I believed them.

It is well known that 47% of statistics are made up on the spot.

I used to leave out half my sentances, but now I

Skyblade

Congratulations Rainshadow!  :) You deserve to be Season Namer very much! Honestly!

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

rachel25

I should have seen that *face paw*  :P Um may I have a shortbread cookie too  ;D I love shortbread

Rainshadow

Quote from: Skyblade on September 03, 2013, 01:52:53 AM
Congratulations Rainshadow!  :) You deserve to be Season Namer very much! Honestly!

Thank you so much!  :D

@Ice:  I seriously didn't even notice that until you pointed it out!  Haha, Rainshadow, wodahsnieR, close enough.  Very cool!  :)
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

rachel25

Now someone pass the shortbread before I go crazy and launch myself across the table for it  ;)

Rainshadow

*Hands Rach the shortbread*  Ooh, I see some hotroot soup over there, could somebeast pass me some?  And some dandelion and burdock cordial, too, if you please.  So I don't burn my mouth off, y'know.  ;)

rachel25

Alright
*passes Rain what she wants while eating shortbread with one paw*
Um I think I'll have what your having Rain with my shortbread of course  ;D I wonder what shortbread and hotroot soup taste like together