News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Verdauga, 2024

Main Menu

Talk about a series/what your reading!

Started by Blaggut, September 15, 2013, 07:15:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Russano the Wise

Quote from: Faiyloe on October 08, 2013, 04:44:45 PM
@ Russano: I just started reading Warriors series and I like it but I had to send back the first book before I finished it so I haven't gotten very far.

I hate it when that happens! I usually get a lot of books out of the library at once so it happens to me quite a bit. Hope you enjoy the rest of the book once you get it again!
"But if you really love your friends, they're never really gone. Somewhere they're watching over you and they're always there inside your heart." -Martin the Warrior

Ungatt Trunn

I am reading LOTR at the moment, which is sort of a Dual series when put together with The Hobbit.

Life is too short to rush through it.

Lily

Quote from: Tiria Wildlough on October 08, 2013, 07:44:08 AM
It's about a girl who makes friends with a family who change into animals from the Chinese zodiac when they're hugged by someone of the opposite gender. ;D It's really cool.

Fruits Basket! I saw you mention it in another thread, but I didn't think you were talking about the series. Isn't it great? I was in love with it when I was in high school. Who's your favourite character?

Tiria Wildlough

Quote from: Lily on October 09, 2013, 10:44:47 AM
Quote from: Tiria Wildlough on October 08, 2013, 07:44:08 AM
It's about a girl who makes friends with a family who change into animals from the Chinese zodiac when they're hugged by someone of the opposite gender. ;D It's really cool.

Fruits Basket! I saw you mention it in another thread, but I didn't think you were talking about the series. Isn't it great? I was in love with it when I was in high school. Who's your favourite character?
Well, I quite like the inseparable trio (Shigure, Hatori, and Ayame) because they're quirky and weird and remind me of me and my friends. ;D It's hard to say who is my favourite, though, because they're all funny in their own way. However, I dislike Rin and Hiro and I hate Akito with a passion.

I should make a thread for Fruits Basket...
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Norham Waterpaw

Out of the Silent Planet: Your name is Ransom. You're on a walking tour when you bump into one of your friends at an abandoned house, and someone else is there too. Everything goes black, and the next thing you know, you're in a moving room, a room in a vehicle, a spaceship to be exact.
Hey you! What? Expecting a great quote or some heart-warming poem? Too bad, my signature is just boring. Stop reading it. Stop it. Why are you still reading it?

Kera Thorn Bladewind

I am NOT the only person who has read Fire Bringer!  :o I don't feel so weird anymore!

Currently, I am reading Sunwing, the second book in the Silverwing trilogy. About a bat named Shade, who in this book is looking for his father.

Rainshadow

Quote from: Kera Thorn Bladewind on October 09, 2013, 06:36:24 PM
Currently, I am reading Sunwing, the second book in the Silverwing trilogy. About a bat named Shade, who in this book is looking for his father.

*Goes to look up what Silverwing is because it sounds familiar...*

*Gasp*  You're reading a Kenneth Oppel book?!  You should read Airborn!
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Kera Thorn Bladewind

Quote from: Rainshadow on October 09, 2013, 10:15:07 PM

*Looks at your profile picture* Apparently I should. *Goes to see if the library has it* Yes, it does! And now I will read it simply because the author wrote other awesome books! This happens a lot, I start reading all of the books by a certain author simply because of one series I liked. Thanks for the tip! :)

KitrallStreamrippler

@Tiria: Have you watched Fruits Basket or just read it? (I've seen it and love it. Kyo and Hatsuharu are probably my favorites, though Shigure is quite a likable character.)

A series I'm just finishing up is the Codex Alera series by Jim Butcher, who also wrote Dresden Files. The Codex Alera books are about a boy named Tavi. He is less than a nobody. He grew up on a farm in the middle of nowhere, and he has (unlike literally EVERYONE ELSE) no power to call upon 'furies' (basically elementals). This has forced him to have a sharper mind, quicker reflexes, more ingenuity, etc. than otherwise. He ends up playing a key role in earth-shaking events that are about to occur in the Realm.

The book titles are a bit of a spoiler for the series
The books, in order, are: Furies of Calderon, Academ's Fury, Cursor's Fury, Captain's Fury, Princep's Fury, and First Lord's Fury.
[close]
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight!

Tiria Wildlough

Quote from: KitrallStreamrippler on October 13, 2013, 12:04:07 AM
@Tiria: Have you watched Fruits Basket or just read it? (I've seen it and love it. Kyo and Hatsuharu are probably my favorites, though Shigure is quite a likable character.)
I've read it, but not really watched. (But I want to.) Isn't it awesome? ;D
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Quote from: Rainshadow on October 09, 2013, 10:15:07 PM

Ah 'avenae read Zilverving, but ah 'ave read Darkving. MAJOR book! Ah zhould read it again!
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

KitrallStreamrippler

Quote from: Tiria Wildlough on October 13, 2013, 10:58:40 PM
Quote from: KitrallStreamrippler on October 13, 2013, 12:04:07 AM
I've read it, but not really watched. (But I want to.) Isn't it awesome? ;D
Yes. It is awesome. :)
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight!

Jetthebinturong

Hetalia, Homestuck, Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flammel, Chronicles of the Imaginarium Geographica, Inheritance cycle
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

SPSF kodachorm otter7486