News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Why, oh why?

Started by Redwaller, September 18, 2013, 01:18:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redwaller

A question that has been swirling through my mind, and it's getting annoying.

I don't want to be rude, but I just want to help those that this may concern, but:

Why, oh why do you have misspelling in your posts(I mean big ones)? Like no commas, no capitalization or unnecessary capitalization of words, big misspellings like(i.e.) uncofoundabe(unfoundable). Personally, I can't stand errors, and hate when I do them(let apart other people!).

As I have said before, don't think I'm trying to offend anyone, but I just wanted to know why.

Any thoughts on that?

Leatho Shellhound

Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Kera Thorn Bladewind

I wish I knew. It makes things really hard to read sometimes. It's even harder on FanFiction, because I always reply to reviews, and often I am unsure what people say... I wish that people paid attention to the proper grammar, but i didn't until I started writing, so...

Redwaller

Same here, look at the first posts I made, and those I do now; my grammar is a hundred times better since I started writing my fanfics(and RP help a LOT too!)

Faiyloe

Most of the time my mistakes are just silly little things typos things I never noticed. Or just plain spelling mistakes. I try my best to use correct grammar but some times things just slip.

Note: I am writing this from the iPad so it won't be as good.
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

Redwaller

Faiyloe

Like I said Im on the iPad  :P my sister stole my computer for school...  :-\

phoenixfoden

Stay in school redwaller! Or you will be like meeeee!!!!

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Ah juzt 'ad tae point ziz oot:

Quote from: Redwaller on September 18, 2013, 01:18:57 AM
Personnaly

Eh, but naybeazt iz perfect, nyet?
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Dawnwing

Quote from: HeadInAnotherGalaxy on September 18, 2013, 02:25:51 AM
Ah juzt 'ad tae point ziz oot:

Quote from: Redwaller on September 18, 2013, 01:18:57 AM
Personnaly

Eh, but naybeazt iz perfect, nyet?

Lol, that always seems to happen whenever anyone says something like this.  Myself included.   :D

MeadowR

^ True! You did make a few little errors in your post, Redwaller. ;)

It does depend on the person as to why they type poorly. Sometimes it is laziness and going with the apparent computer and text generation trend of ignoring decent grammar. Or sometimes ignorance of the correct grammar through age or lack of education (which they may or may not improve on!), or it is a genuine typo, like sometimes I put 'makign' instead of 'making' if I'm typing fast. Also, some people could be dyslexic.
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

Redwaller

Oops! I usually misspell personally, but I'm not english, but french, so I'm bound to make some errors sometimes.

Leatho Shellhound

Quote from: MeadowRabbit on September 18, 2013, 12:02:52 PM
^ True! You did make a few little errors in your post, Redwaller. ;)

It does depend on the person as to why they type poorly. Sometimes it is laziness and going with the apparent computer and text generation trend of ignoring decent grammar. Or sometimes ignorance of the correct grammar through age or lack of education (which they may or may not improve on!), or it is a genuine typo, like sometimes I put 'makign' instead of 'making' if I'm typing fast. Also, some people could be dyslexic.

I'm dyslexic, and it's no excuse to type poorly. ;)
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Faiyloe

Me too I always try my best though and I'm a thousand times better then I used to be!   

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Aye, ignorance iz a biggie. Ah alvayz uzed tae zink "Youtube" vaz zpelled "Utube". An' zen zere'z mizzpellin' on purpoze for reazonz zuch az bein' funne (like ah juzt did viz "funny") or random.
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.