News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

The Knights of Redwallelot

Started by W0NWILL, September 30, 2013, 07:50:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

W0NWILL

A long, long time ago, there were the Times of the Great Warriors. Each one of them, chosen to wield Martin's sword and to strike down evil. Those were the times when, for everything, the land was truly free. That was before the kings, before magic and mystical creatures. For this castle wasn't always so. Once upon a time, this place was an abbey, a place of peace where many different creatures lived together. There was no town around it, just Redwall, standing proud at the border between plain and forest. And then, the mice lords came. They became the kings of the abbey after a terrible attack in which the leaders were slain. They seized control and brought change to Redwall. It became a castle, and little houses began popping up in the western plains, flocking to the slight protection Redwall gave. It became a city, which was named after the great sandstone building standing at the forest edge. It became the city Redwall.

Evildoers began targeting the city, as it was not protected by a big wall like the castle was. It became so bad that the king at the time, Thomas, decided to bring together the best of the best, and along with the warriors Yeyli(mouse), Hill(otter), Maybe(squirrel), and Jiraka(hare), he formed the first knights. These warriors drove away all evil comers, and made the city safe. All knights are either descended from these four, or the noble families.

But now there is unease. The outlawing of magic is tipping the scale. The poor folk at the edges of the city are growing hungry. The king will have a hard time keeping things down. Perhaps that is good, for there is change in the air, and maybe, once again, the land will be free.

~An unknown scribe

Ces was not an ordinary knight. No, he was probably the strangest knight of all. While most other knights were noble and refined, he was happy and obnoxious. The hedgehog left the abbey door and went towards the pond, whistling a merry tune. There wasn't a cloud in the sky, and Ces's spirits were as high as the wind. He stared into the water, thinking how pleasant it would be to go frolicking like a little dibbun in the shallows. Too bad for him, as somebeast else was already in the pond.

Swift sneezed loudly, sending a cloud of dust flying, that making her sneeze again. Stupid, dusty, old gatehouse, "I'm sorry, sir!" she exclaimed, "Did I wake you?" she peered toward the bed, searching for the gatekeeper, a squirrel called Twigger, "Sir?" she asked, creeping towards the bed, "Sir?"she leaned over the bed, her heart beating wildly. What she saw made her scream.
"Murder!" Swift shouted, running out of the gatehouse, "Murder!"

rachel25

Saygar Waterflash, the sea otter knight was leaning with one muscled arm against a pillar in great hall. Around him were young maids all swooning. Saygar liked this. But when he heard somebeast shout.
"Murder!"
Saygar quickly pushed passed the gathered maids and drew his broadsword and ran outside the half open Abbey door. He saw Swift running out of the gatehouse screaming the awful word. He ran to intercept her.
Servants he thought. always over dramatic, especially that otter.
"What is all this shouting for? Who's been murdered?" Saygar called to the panicked otter servant.  

Rusvul

Prince Ivar sauntered in to the Great Hall, clad in regal attire, with his usual short rapier by his side. "What is going on? Is somethink wrong?

The Shade

Mack the hare was strolling the old orchards in search of food. He wipped the stalk of an apple off with the the chain he carryed, and snatched the fruit in midair.  Taking a huge bite, he lent against a twisted old pear tree. Ahh, this was the life! Still munching, he began strolling out of the ancient trees, when he heard a scream. Breaking into a sprint, he dashed toward the sound.
They told me I was gullible. I believed them.

It is well known that 47% of statistics are made up on the spot.

I used to leave out half my sentances, but now I

Leatho Shellhound

With the rising sun at his back and the clear blue sky above him he walked to the top of the hill. And saw below him the vast city of Redwall, and in the middle the great sandstone castle Redwallelot. There, where the king wields the great sword of Martin which he took from the lady of the pond. There, where the worlds most brave and feared knights  sat at the oak table.

Taking in a deep breath and letting it out he said to his squire, "Come, let us go at once to the court of King Retuli"

He was a Freelance knight, coming to this great castle to serve under it's king and become the Queen's Champion. His name was Sir Gawain, defender of damsels and the poor.

Sir Gawain walked on, under the great outer gates of the city, through the buildings who's roofs were bathed in the new morning sun. This was to be his new home, his refuge in a storm. He would become great among his brethren, for who could stand against his might axe or claymore.

His shield was red whith a golden pentangle on it. Beasts stood aside as he made his way to Redwallelot, many a fair maiden waved her handkerchief out of the windows.

Járnsmiður, his squire, followed close behind him. The water shrew looked not on the wonders of the great city, for they did not interest him. He longed to be at the forge, to make a new suite of armor, one fit for a Queen's Champion. For his masters armor was dirty, worn and dented from many a blow taken in battle or combat.

OOC: @Rain, can you welcome Sir Gawain to Redwallelot?
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Faiyloe

Crystal gave some coins to the baker and took two of the roles from his tray. She tuned back to the street and saw a strange knight pass by. She did not recognize him but it didn't matter all knights were the same they all worked for the king and they all were against magic. Even so she was curious she followed behind to see what was going on and if he had any money. Rich Knights often made good targets.         
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

KitrallStreamrippler

Two dusty travelers pulled their cart into town and stopped near an inn. The older of the pair, a middle-aged hare, took off his felt hat and dusted it vigorously. "I say, Wyn, old thing, what do you say to a bite and a bit of bloomin' shuteye before we perform this evening?"

His companion, a young ferretmaid, smiled. "That sounds wonderful, Ox! Mm- I can't wait to eat something besides your cooking." Dodging an indignant swipe of Oxford's paw, Morwyn ducked into the cart. She soon returned with a well-worn banner, sighing. "This old thing needs to be hemmed again, Ox. The edges are fraying."

"Hm. Too bad, wot. Maybe we'll earn enough for a new one someday. For now though, best t'make due with what we have. Something is better than nothing, wot!"

So the two creatures pinned the banner to the side of their cart. It read: "SIR OXFORD & LADY MORWYN- ENTERTAINERS EXTRAODINAIRE. Music, dancing, fortunes told, etc."
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight!

Tiria Wildlough

Down the street came a plump female otter, clad in bright blue and yellow. Her face lit up when she saw the banner that the hare and ferret had put up.
'Why, it's you two!' she cried, throwing any formalities to the winds. 'I haven't seen you since that spring festival! Where have you been?'
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

rachel25

Saygar had reached Swift and has busily shouting at her to calm down and tell him what happened.

OOC @W0NWILL please post!  :)

The Shade

By now Mack had reached the two otters. As a knight he knew Saygar, and faintly remembered Swift from somewhere.
"What's going on?" he inquired. What was is the ottermaid had been shouting about? Murder? As long as he could recall there had been no murders at Redwall...Maybe she was overeacting after all.

rachel25

Saygar shortly stopped shouting at Swift to speak to Mack. "This maid is crazy, I can't get anything out of her." Saygar then went back to shouting at the maid.

Rainshadow

Leaning out over the parapets of the great wall of Redwall was a quite beautiful mouse.  She hummed a quiet tune as she watched the sun rising, its bright and colourful rays shining from across the forest right to where she stood.  What a pleasure it must be, she thought, being able to make the world bright every day.

Sighing contentedly, the queen straightened up and placed her crown back on her head, telling herself to stop fiddling with it.  It was such a pretty thing, and she loved to see the morning sunlight shine off of the golden circlet.  But it was no toy, she knew, for it cost more than she could ever make.  If she were to lose such a thing, she would never hear the end of it!

Queen Merin turned and started walking calmly along the walltop, enjoying the morning breeze.  She was just thinking about how nice it was to be alone when she saw something move beneath her.  Glancing down, she saw an armour-clad otter and a smaller shrew entering the castle grounds.  She didn't recognize either of them, but she figured that it was a better idea to find out who they were than stare at them all day.

The queen walked gracefully down the stairs, her purple dress train sliding down in what she had been told was a very beautiful way.  But then again, the citizens of Redwall would know better than to insult the queen, so for all she knew, it could look hideous!

Clasping her hands in front of her, Merin came to a stop in front of the handsome otter and the younger shrew.  "Good morning," she said, giving them her most charming smile, "my name is Queen Merin, wife of King Retuli, and I welcome you to Redwall.  Might I inquire as to what your names are?"  She smiled to each of them in turn, wondering what their business might be.

Jame was busy scrubbing away at Prince Ivar's armour, wondering how one could get so much filth onto one's armour.  It wasn't even blood or anything, it was just dirt!  Had he rolled around in the mud before he handed the pile of metal to the hare?

The servant was picking up the chestplate and was about to start working away at it when he heard a scream.  Jame immediately stood up, swiveling his ears to try and identify where the noise was coming from.  The gatehouse?  It could have been from there.

He dashed across the hallways of the abbey-turned-castle, once to often smacking his footpaws into things.  He hated how clumsy he could be!  Then, making it out onto the front lawns, the hare bounded to the gatehouse, bursting through the door.  There was already a small crowd in the building, most of the beasts crowding around on ottermaid.  Was that Swift?  She looked like she could start crying right then and there, so Jame pushed his way through the gathering, stepping up to the servant.

"Swift," he started gently, "what happened?  Are you alright?"
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

W0NWILL

"I was," Swift choked, "I was cl-cleanin' the gatehouse!" She sobbed, "An' I saw Twigger lyin' there, cold as ice!" She broke down again, her chest heaving with shock.

Ces ran over in time to hear Swift confess to seeing Twigger, and he barreled right past her into the gatehouse, "She's right!" He called, curling his lip at the body, "Twigger's dead!"

rachel25

Saygar pursed his lips. "Well that doesn't mean he's been murdered. Anything could have happened to him."

The Shade

"Everybeast calm down, and move back" Mack said loudly, hoping to catch their attention. "We won't get anywhere if we start arguing! Now..." he stepped over to where Ces was. "...Lets find out how Twig died."