The Knights of Redwallelot

Started by W0NWILL, September 30, 2013, 07:50:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiria Wildlough

Quote from: KitrallStreamrippler on October 03, 2013, 01:26:47 AM
Oxford nodded, beaming, and asked Noryl's opinion. "I say, what a splendid idea! What do you think, marm?"
'Excellent!' cried Noryl. 'I've missed your shenanigans, both of you. What's--
She turned as they were interrupted by a young hare. 'I've got no idea, sorry. I just arrived here.'

((Hare is Rainshadow. Sorry if I'm wrong about anything. I'm kinda confused. >.<))
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

KitrallStreamrippler

OOC: Oh, duh. *facepalm* Sorry, Rain. Kinda missed your post- dunno how, though. *mutters, "because I'm an idiot, that's how"

BIC: "The old physician, eh? Can't say I have, lad. We just rolled into town." Morwyn shook her head, adding her own two cents' worth. "He's right- we don't know where any healers or such are, much less a specific one."

That was a slight lie, but Morwyn tended to keep quiet about her magic. Too many beasts would inform on her too quickly.
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight!

Redwaller

Quote from: Faiyloe on October 03, 2013, 02:25:37 AM
OOC: Wow that was a very good post. But is the Inn the same place as the tavern cuz I thought the tavern was close to the castle. 
OOC: The Inn is actually on the opposite side of the city.  ;)

I won't let my character run into anybody just yet.

And thanks!

Rainshadow

OOC:  Jame is a hare.  (Sorry for the confusion, he's a hare for good!  I'm not gonna change him again.  ::))

BIC:  Jame nodded, feeling rather stupid for asking.  The faded banner on their cart clearly said that they were entertainers, and they were probably from out of town.  How would they know of anybeast in Redwall?
  Clearing his throat, the hare said, "Sorry about that, um, I'm sure I'll find him elsewhere."  He smiled and padded off, trying to find somebeast that he might know.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

rachel25

OOC I liked your post Redwaller and I like how the start was in French  ;D

BIC Saygar could see that all was fine, and anyway Mack was also spying on the trio, Saygar could go down to the tavern like he had been intending to do earlier.
Saygar walked towards the east wall gate and unbolting it he slipped outside. He breathed the fresh morning air gratefully. He would have a few drinks at the tavern, then go and see the local blacksmith to see if his armour was fixed yet, after a rather nasty incident with a pick the armour had been badly damaged, but the smithy had promised it was fixable.
Saygar walked round the wall until he was on the main road to the castle from the city. He wandered down it at a reasonable pace, whistling a tune he had heard a jester playy on a fiddle the other day in the city.
Eventually he reached the tavern, Saygar sauntered through the door and over to the bar. He sat down on one of the stools and placed a gold coin on the bar.
"Give me some of your strongest ale." He said  pushing away a tankard that had been left on the bar top. The bar tender nodded and went to get his drink.
Saygar leaned back on the stool and looked around the not so crowded tavern. He noticed a mousemaid sitting alone at one of the corner tables. She was young and quite pretty, but there was something about her that made Saygar check his bag of money on his belt.
Saygar shifted uncomfortable but then the bar tender reappeared with his ale and Saygar started to satisfy himself with the strong drink.    

W0NWILL

Albus the physician closed the book and tossed it across the roof carelessly, taking and flipping through another book from his stack. He muttered incomprehensibly to himself, before giving up and flinging open the door and striding purposely away from his home, casting evil glares back at it.

rachel25

OOC  :D

BIC Saygar was now on to his sixth drink and was feeling a bit unwell. He put his paw but calling the bar tender back again with the bottle of ale. The bar tender rolled his eyes, and slid the bottle down the bar saying. "Just take the bottle and go!"
Saygar mumbled something unintelligible and picked the bottle up and put two gold coins onto the bar before leaving.
Once outside Saygar took a long pull at his bottle before staggering off down the street towards the Blacksmith shop. On his way he past a cart with some sort of flag or sign on the side of it. In his drunken state he couldn't read it and continued his way down the street, taking another pull at the bottle he didn't see the beast in front of him and walked straight into them.   

Leatho Shellhound

OOC: @Rain, could you post as the Queen?
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

The Shade

Doods the raccoon slid into the tavern noiselessly. The thief was not looking for a drink; he was out for money. Sniggering to himself, he quietly sneaked up to an unsuspecting squrriel. Drawing one of his throwing knives, he slowly cut the top of the money purse hanging from the squrriel's belt. Backing off, he tossed the purse into his own sack, which was slung over his shoulder.
He thought about trying behind the main counter, at the front, but the last time he had tryed he had been caught. He did not want to go through that experience again.

He decided to come back to the tavern later, before he was seen by anybeast who knew him. Stepped out onto the street, he noticed an otter, hare, and ferret chatting. He liked a good bit of gossip. Drawing his hood, he slipped into an ancove, and moved closer.
They told me I was gullible. I believed them.

It is well known that 47% of statistics are made up on the spot.

I used to leave out half my sentances, but now I

Rusvul

Ivar saw Doods take the purse. He couldn't allow that- Not because he opposed theft, but because he had been about to take the same purse. He stealthily approached Doods, and as he slipped into the alcove, he gently and discreetly wrenched the purse out of Dood's hand. Tearing down the street, he flipped onto the Inn roof and was gone.

OOC: Sorry if this seems like a bit of a PP, Doods can notice and give chase if he wants. Ivar is just sitting on the other side of the roof.

Faiyloe

Crystal walked down the street. She had finished her drink and left just about the same time Saygar had. She watched the drunken creature stumble off down the street and into a group of creatures by a cart. She ducked down an alleyway. There was no beast around. She took out the pouch she had taken off of Saygar as he had brushed past her in the Tavern on his way to the door. Unfortunately most of it had been spent already but it was better than nothing.  She counted the money and then moved it to her own pouch.
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

Jetthebinturong

Arden was about to order another drink, when he realised he was out of coin. He was already quite drunk but not enough to make him forget his troubles. Arden was quite resistant to most alcohol and had to drink enormous amounts of the stuff to get even the slightest bit drunk, he had only had five or six tankards, but this was not enough for him. He decided to go to the thieves den, it was usually a good place to get a job.

The thieves den was deep in the sewers, it was a place where undesirables and outlaws could hide and thieves could sell their ill-gotten gains, it was a place where people could sell illegal wares such as potions and magic charms, it was a place where a magician could practice in secret, safe in the knowledge that alerting the guards was breaking the den's code of conduct, it was a place where you could hire an assassin no questions asked. Myrlon despised the place but you couldn't exactly apply for an assassin by putting up a sign outside your door. So out of necessity Myrlon was forced to make his way through the winding tunnels into the den, once there he set out looking for a mercenary.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

The Shade

Doods was in a foul mood. Not only had somebeast snatched his plunder, but of a creatures, a mouse! He was tempted to go back into the tavern and wait 'till he could see another easy steal, but the mouse had injured his pride, pushing him past reason. He watched through narrowed eyes as the mouse disappeared inside the roof of an inn.

He jogged up the wall of the inn, carefully avoiding the window. Taking the low gutter in both paws, he hauled himself up. With a final check to see nobeast had seen, he walked over the the hatch the mouse had climbed down, and with a single savage kick, smashed it open. Dropping down, he confronted the mouse. He could now see the mouse was of royal blood, he had seen him somewhere with the rest of the royal family. Ivan? Ivar? His name was something like that.

"Just what do yer think yer doin'?" he asked. "Taking my money are yew?"

Rusvul

Ivar sniggered. "Your money, eh? Well, either it's that squirrel's money, or it's mine. I got it by fair theft. But if you want it so much," Ivar paused, and threw the purse between Doods' legs, and out the winow "You can have it! Hahahahaha!" Ivar jumped out the one of the other windows, and sped away along the rooftops.

The Shade

Doods reached out quickly, hoping to snatch the money-bag before it disappeared out the window, but it was too late. His little pouch of treasure was gone, to doubtless be picked up by passing peasants. He considered going after Ivar, but even if he did it would be more trouble than it was worth. And if he did catch up to the mouse and kill him? What if somebeast saw him? The last thing he wanted was the local authoritys finding out that he was in town. He looked about, wondering where to go next.

Sadly scouping up a few sliver coins that had fell out of the bag, he reached up and pulled himself out of the loft, before dropping down onto the street. He would have reported that the prince was stealing, if he hadn't been a wanted beast.