Secondary Bad Guys you like more than the Main Villain

Started by JangoCoolguy, October 31, 2013, 02:30:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What supporting villains to you like better than the Primary Antagonist(s)?

Asmodeus
10 (20.4%)
Tramunn Clogg
17 (34.7%)
Plugg Firetail
20 (40.8%)
General Ironbeak
6 (12.2%)
Badredd/Little Red
9 (18.4%)
Lask Frildur
2 (4.1%)
Bane
9 (18.4%)
Vallug & Eefera
11 (22.4%)
Vilaya
10 (20.4%)
Gruntan Kurdly
3 (6.1%)
Balefur
4 (8.2%)
Greypatch
8 (16.3%)
Other
8 (16.3%)

Total Members Voted: 49

JangoCoolguy

Each Tale of Redwall may have a Main Villain, but there are ALWAYS heap plenty other bad beasts causing trouble. And sometimes, the other bad guys are actually better than the Villain. This poll if for those other bad guys, be they henchbeasts, rivals or the bad guys of the B Plot that you prefer over the starring villain for whatever reason. You can pick up to three, and not just the ones listed. You can show love to ANY lesser baddy you like  ;D

I'll get this show started!

1. Clogg
He was a bully and jerk, but a FUN bully and jerk! Even Jacques like him enough to spare him. I especially like how in the last chapters he had key information, but kept it to himself to watch Badrang squirm.

2. Vilaya
With her cunning and little poisoned knife, I found a lot more interesting and even scarier than the stereotypical Zwilt (who, IMHO, didn't do anything previous villains had done, but better). Heck, her book's entire plot was because of her idea and I really wish it had turned out different instead of Jacques resorting to the same old song and dance. She even killed the beast that saved her life. That's some stone cold *BLEEP*! And I was even fascinated that she grieved for Dirva. I also felt like she died a better death, IMHO.

3. Vallug and Eefera
They showed up early and often, were the only members of the hunting party worth merit, plotted against each other, made the rest work for them, and launched a two beast assault on Redwall. And it takes serious cajones to that. Heck, Vallug even gets points for killing Rilflag and mortally wounding Creega.  
As far as I'm concerned they ARE the Main Villains of The Taggerung

Honorable Mention: Badredd, who was just as ambitious and mean as other villains, but not as intimidating or competent and more luckless! (and I just loved Marc Jacques performance of him in the Loamhedge audiobook) XD

Come on, ya'll! Time to show the other villains from love!

Starla1431

What about Graypatch from Mariel of Redwall? I liked him better than Gabool. I also liked Badredd and Balefur. I would write more on why I like them, but I'm too lazy to.

Vilu Daskar

Quote from: Starla1431 on October 31, 2013, 03:57:26 AM
What about Graypatch from Mariel of Redwall? I liked him better than Gabool.
Me to.

My favorites are Vallug, Eefera,Bane, and Lask
Never trust a smiling pirate.  :D

I can do that because I'm awesome.

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

Tam and Martin

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

JangoCoolguy

Quote from: Starla1431 on October 31, 2013, 03:57:26 AM
What about Graypatch from Mariel of Redwall? I liked him better than Gabool. I also liked

Ya know what? Fix'd! ;D

Ungatt Trunn

You know, for Loamhedge, there really wasn't a true main villian. Badred just wasn't clever enough for a main villian, and that Wearat (forgot his name) wasn't around long enough to be a main villain.

Life is too short to rush through it.

The Shade

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn on November 02, 2013, 05:03:25 AM
You know, for Loamhedge, there really wasn't a true main villian. Badreed just wasn't clever enough for a main villian, and that Wearat (forgot his name) wasn't around long enough to be a main villain.
What about Raga bol? He was the major threat.
They told me I was gullible. I believed them.

It is well known that 47% of statistics are made up on the spot.

I used to leave out half my sentances, but now I

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: The Shade on November 02, 2013, 12:54:40 PM
Quote from: Ungatt Trunn on November 02, 2013, 05:03:25 AM
You know, for Loamhedge, there really wasn't a true main villian. Badreed just wasn't clever enough for a main villian, and that Wearat (forgot his name) wasn't around long enough to be a main villain.
What about Raga bol? He was the major threat.
Oops..I forgot about him. But even still, he didn't appear in the whole story as much as usuall main villains do.

Shadowed One

Plugg Firetail, Badredd, and Graypatch. I also liked Vallug and Eefera.
Martin the Warrior is way more epic than Mickey Mouse. Anyone who says otherwise is insane, or just wrong.

"I'm languishing in heroic obscurity!"-Doc

Ungatt Trunn

Asmodeus didn't take over Cluny's role as main villain at all. He only appeared a few time, unlike Cluny, who was there for pretty much the whole book.

Romsca

Balefur, Badredd, and Other

"Other" would be two that weren't mentioned: Braggio Ironhook and Skrodd :D

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Romsca on November 08, 2013, 09:59:13 PM
Balefur, Badredd, and Other

"Other" would be two that weren't mentioned: Braggio Ironhook and Skrodd :D
What books were they in?

Tam and Martin

Braggio Ironhook was in the Rogue Crew and Skrodd was in Loamhedge.

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Tam and Martin on November 09, 2013, 12:02:15 AM
Braggio Ironhook was in the Rogue Crew and Skrodd was in Loamhedge.
Oh, yea, I remember now...

Tam and Martin