News:

Cheers to an Auspicious Autumn, Ev'rybeast! Enjoy a hot cider and the cool breezes, as the year dwindles to its end. . .

Main Menu

Book I: Defiance

Started by Griffen, December 07, 2013, 01:38:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dannflower Reguba

Inferno Smokebrush felt an exciting chill run up his spine as the island came in view (it is an island right?). He gingerly stepped off the boat, his ferryman was rather nice, but also elderly so he wanted to be respectful. He ascended the staircase to see an army of beasts in hooded cloaks staring back at him. He was tense, but not really nervous, he had expected some sort of initiation or rite of passage from such a secluded place as this, "Well...... I'm here."
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Griffen

Ymog watched as Inferno and two other students walked up towards the pedestals. He began to walk down the steps to where the students were. The chipmunk stopped next to three doors. None of them led anywhere, they were just separated by a few feet from each other. "Each of you can enter now, or you can leave the island..." He said, his voice was a little weak tonight. Two of the students walked up to the door, and opened it. They could see straight through it, as was suspected. A little confused the first student stepped through, and vanished. The second stood and watched, then turned and ran back down to the boats. Once there he jumped back on the boat that brought him, sadly one of the students shot some sort of magic at the boat and it caught fire... killing both the ferryman and the run away. The majority of the students began to yell in approval, watching to see what the last student would do.

OOC: Yes, its a island.

Faiyloe

Grace watched in horror as the boat burst in to flames. She wished so much that she could have done something about it. and from that moment on she resolved to study hard and to learn how to use magic so she could stop things like that from happening. 
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

Griffen

Zwelly

The mouses jaw dropped, what type of sorcery was this? Better question, what type of place would just let a student kill a staff of the island like that... and would they even care if another student killed him? He began to eye the other students closely.

Dannflower Reguba

Inferno couldn't but shake his head at the foolish student that actually thought running away would do something, he made his way to his door and stepped through it, "Am I wrong to assume that I must do something else to be admitted?"

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Griffen

Ymog looked at the fox squirrel as it stepped through the door, and right out the other side. He began to laugh as nothing happened "Yes, you must be eligible to join us first!" he laughed harder at Smokebrush "Well you are worthless, and you have the knowledge of this island.. So you must die, pathetic scum." Instantly four students stepped forward and formed fire balls in their paws, slowly making them bigger.

Dannflower Reguba

The first tingles of fear seeped into the squirrel's mind, he shook his head hard and leaned back into a fighting stance, "No! Fear is their game! Don't let them have that advantage!" After taking a moment to calm himself, Inferno made a response, "You say I am worthless, yet you send four of your own to take me out. This would contradict your previous statement, or are you just too hard-hearted to give a beast a fighting chance?" The tension was so thick you could've cut it with knife... Or burned it with a fireball, which was becoming an increasing worry for Inferno as the flames from the students became increasingly harder to ignore.

Griffen

"We owe nothing to those whom don't nor have never applied themselves." Ymog answered grinning, the fox squirrel's last attempted to talk his way from death failed. All four students let loose the fire, burning him alive. The pain was terrible, and the look of failure everyone else was giving him might have just been worse. After three minutes of burning Inferno finally died. And just as quickly he fell through the other side of the door, right on his face. He was not on fire, there weren't any students shooting fire at him. He actually did step through the door, but the illusion was to great for the new student to understand.

Dannflower Reguba

Inferno instinctively turned  and raised his arms, the flames encompassed his very being and seared his soul, "WHY!? Why after all this time! All this effort! All the trials! Why this?!" There was nothing he could do, there had never been a time were he couldn't do something, and this felt terrible, not so much because of the pain, but because his goals had been thrown to the wind, and he left to die like so many weeds. He felt himself starting to fall, starting to black out, but he was met suddenly by a blast of reality. Hitting the stones jarred his brain, and the squirrel shoved the stones and splayed his arms so as not to go back through the door whence he had come. Breathing hard, he felt his features with his left paw... Nothing burning? He was confused, but also quite wary. These beasts were something else and then some more!

Rainshadow

Lucia let out a sigh of relief as the two students made their way out of the door.  She hoped they hadn't had to go through anything too terrible, but she was sure they did.  From the look on the fox squirrel's face, it was probably dreadful.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Griffen

Ymog looked down at Inferno, "Good..." just then the other student fell out of his door, dead. Ymog walked over to the dead student and pushed his body over so it would be facing up. Slowly some type of mist came from his mouth, the only word that could describe what it looked like would be... a soul. As it slowly floated upward all the students fell silent, Ymog brought his face closer to the Soul dust (Will put information about this in the OOC) and took a deep slow breath. It entered his body, and as he let his breath go the chipmunk stood straight up and smiled. "Welcome new student".  

Shadefur nightblade

OOC: uh... is this still going?

Griffen

OOC: yeah, its going till I say its not or we conclude. Just no one has posted anything and I don't like to double post.

BIC:

Zwelly

Its been several days since the last student joined, not much has happened lately. A teacher dropped by yesterday to explain how they, the ones in his group, would have to farm and harvest their own food for the rest of the year. Something about "Survival of those willing to work" or something like that. The mouse was trying to rake up some land for farming.

OOC: I've waiting for others to post, but if you don't post in the next few days you'll be out. (unless you message me saying you're unable to). If you don't post and are booted, but would like to re-join please tell me and I'll find a spot for you to re-enter with your same character. 

Dannflower Reguba

Inferno didn't have any exceptional knowledge of the farmers ways, but he knew enough to be able to at least grow the necessities. A little turned off by the relative hardness of the soil he had to deal with, he diligently began to work. Breaking the soil wasn't really all that bad, but it turned out to be downright boring. The squirrel stopped after he was about a tenth done and looked up to view the frugal products of his labor. Not very comforting.

Rainshadow

Lucia still couldn't figure out how farming was supposed to help them learn magic, but she still worked the ground every day.  It was quite hard for a marten of her stature, and she wished she could be doing anything else.  Even cleaning an entire mansion would be better than digging a hoe into the hard ground!

Wiping sweat off of her brow, the she-marten panted slightly, looking at the other students.  Both Zwelly and Inferno were getting along much better than her, but then again, they were larger.  She wished she could have their strength... and maybe their height as well.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!