News:

Moderator activity in progress. Please, be patient. ~ Sincerely, The Staff

Main Menu

Pomp and Circumstance

Started by Osu, January 08, 2014, 12:02:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leatho Shellhound

Ohh oh I got!!!

The dance begins, hare's find partners and so on.

During this time...

With Tiria's idea, the Young hare are maybe in the roof or under tables doing nasty little stuff to the dancers....

And after that....

Okay so to quote Osu.... "#vermin attack -- what if a couple of technical nobodies decide they're going to sneak into the mountain and steal a magical sword or something while the hares are occupied with their banquet, but somehow end up falling into the middle of the ballroom instead? Cue long silence while everybody turns to stare at them, and then.... PANDEMONIUM! 8D" Then the hare grab what ever comes to paw..... which is food...and throw it at the vermin And it becomes a wild crazy food fight!

Thoughts? Comments?
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Rainshadow

A food fight between the vermin and the hares?  YES!!!
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Ungatt Trunn

But what about my idea about how the hares would deal with the vermin?  ;D

Life is too short to rush through it.

The Shade

If vermin are involved I wouldn't mind playing one. I know in the OP it said hares only, but I like playing vermin. Not the sort of evil murdering vermin, but the bungling oaf kind.  ;D If that's allowed.
They told me I was gullible. I believed them.

It is well known that 47% of statistics are made up on the spot.

I used to leave out half my sentances, but now I

Ungatt Trunn

If we do vermin, let's not make them as bloodthirsty as vermin usually are. Maybe they can be the types who just try to do brave things, but never succeed and usually end up getting themselves into allot of trouble.

Osu

#Dancing - I dunno, I figure there's going to be a full dance floor throughout the ball, whether or not anybody has their character dance is up to them.

#Vermin - I think Ungatt's vermin theory is the right one, but since this is a pretty silly RP at heart we can get away with a silly vermin attack and a silly reaction to it. ;D Vermin characters should be NPC'S that we control jointly -- I don't want the RP to be about them. We can decide on their looks/personalities/goals/etc. ahead of time, it'll be easier to keep the RP rolling along if we're all able to write them into our posts if necessary.

#Leverets - I really like this idea, let's keep it! They can add to the excitement along with the vermin "attack." Hiding under tables is a good idea. Maybe spiking the drinks with hotroot pepper, too. The older ones might be able to pass themselves off as if they belong there, and then go about spreading ridiculous rumors and so on. There's a lot they can do to harass the revelers... er, what else are they going to do to harass the revelers, anyway?

How about the vermin pop out of nowhere (or however they're going to make their grand unintended entrance) and it's the leverets who start the food fight with them initially? I mean, perfectly logical reaction from a young un faced with his first vermin foe. Then there can be hares jumping on tables, a lady or two swooning, old officer bucks swooning, I still really like the idea of a table getting flipped, and a handful of creatures who have no idea what's going on, of course.

And then what about the domino orchestra? Love the idea, we should work that in somewhere, too...
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

Ungatt Trunn

Wow, so much disaster in one ball! ;D

But, just to say, we also have to think about what will happen before all that. You know, there will have to be some dances, and some "gossip" between the hares. We can't just jump to all the chaos right away, d'oncha know!

Osu

Yes, that's true. I'm getting ahead of myself. Of course the diabolical plans can't come in until the formal banquet has formally begun. I think character interaction is a must, naturally, and we can plan out some hare NPC's, too. Dancing, music, fancy food, aaand... whatever else goes on at balls. What does go on at balls?

Ungatt Trunn

Well, sometimes some gossip between the hares (though, that might be a little hard here), dancing, of course. Besides that, I don't really know. Though, some character development should happen before any disaster takes place.

Osu

When are we going to start, exactly? In the RP timeline, I mean -- is the ball already well under way, or is it just starting? Does anybody have a preference?

I did a little research on balls and have discovered that, apparently, nobody does anything. There's a bunch of socializing and dancing, then there's food afterwards at a different location. The different location doesn't work for our RP, so I'm just pretending that doesn't exist. What about adding in some kind of formal entertainment? A short play, maybe, or a presentation or something. If it occurs about halfway through the ball it'd be the perfect point to start the leveret sabotage, or introduce the varmints.

There's also a thing where anybody who lasts until the end (if the ball runs about 8pm to 3am, for example) gets a prize or something of the sort. Might be a good way to end the RP when the fun's all over?

As far as gossip and character interaction goes, I think we're definitely going to need a whole host of NPC's. I think we should decide ahead of time if any of those characters are going to be controlled jointly or if everybody wants to take a chunk of revelers or what.

Ungatt Trunn

I like the idea of whatever disaster we cuncoc (spelling?) could happen either during or shortly afterwards some sort of entertainment. Also, I think that there should be at least some talking. It would make this RP rather dull if it was all actions and no words.
And on the RP timeline: We should probably start towards the beginning of the ball itself. Not, like, when everything is being set up, but just towards the start of the ball.

Osu

Sounds good to me. I've been thinking, given the nature of the RP, that we should all take control of a few NPC's, or come up with multiple characters -- this is not to say we'd be playing from multiple POV's, but some literal crowd control wouldn't go amiss, if that makes sense. Be jolly hard to gossip and such when there's so few of us, wot? But just throwing random characters around could get chaotic. Sound alright with you guys?

Ungatt Trunn

Yea, that sounds fine.

I've been thinking about the whole vermin food fight thing, and, in the end, dosn't it seem a little "unfair" and weird? I mean, for one thing, there would probably be more hares than vermin. And I'm not so sure that the hares would start to throw food at them. Which leeds me to my second point: There vermin! The Long Patrol and everybody else at Salamandastron are sworn to protect the coasts and whatnot from them. They're basically sworn enimies. I'm not so sure that vermin crashing the party would really work here.

Tiria Wildlough

Maybe they could be like kid vermin who don't really mean any harm...
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Tiria Wildlough on January 19, 2014, 05:56:36 AM
Maybe they could be like kid vermin who don't really mean any harm...
That sounds like a good idea.