News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Wildcat Attack!

Started by Cornflower MM, January 16, 2014, 06:30:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Skarzs

"I said: shoot me. You've seen what I do; you've seen what I am. Huh, you were right. Death follows wherever I go. If you wish to stop more deaths, then you will destroy me."
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jukka the Sling

Kaylan was now slightly nonplussed as well as angry. Why did he want her to kill him? She did suspect he really was crazy, but still... And he was unarmed, and vermin spy or not, it didn't seem right to shoot him.

But on the other hand, he had attacked her. Should she shoot him? She actually began to draw her bow, but then abruptly stopped, put it up, and said decisively, "No, I'm not going to kill you." Then she turned and walked rather quickly back to the main Abbey building.

EDIT:
OOC: Changed the entire scene.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

The Skarzs

OOC: Perhaps her conscience might have gotten the better of her. But it works alright.

BIC: Odd. The ottermaid had seemed so intent on killing him, but then decided against it. He hung his head. "So, my torture continues." Pulling out the arrow shaft, he sat still, not wanting to move or think.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jukka the Sling

OOC: I changed the entire post. Take a look at it. Guess I didn't really think it through when I originally posted yesterday - but afterwards, I realized Kaylan came across as a cold-blooded killer who'd slay without a second thought. Which isn't what I'd intended. ::)
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

The Skarzs

OOC: My post still works. Thanks!
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Cornflower MM

Rosemary had watched the whole thing in horror, and was now ashamed that she'd stood there, watching, when Kaylan was picked up by the throat, and was about to kill the cat. Then, when the ottermaid left, she walked over to him and sighed. "Torture? No, not torture. At least you can do some good in the world; Did you ever think of that?" She asked, seating herself next to him and began tearing up her Abbess's robes to rebind his wound.

The Skarzs

The cougar said nothing. He stared at the ground, his brows knit and face downcast.
"No. . ." he said quietly.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Cornflower MM

"Well, why don't you?" She asked, wrapping the old hem of her robes around his leg. "Too tight?"

The Skarzs

"Because of what I do." He rubbed the bandage. "I destroy lives. Everywhere I travel, death is what I bring. I always see some wrong, and try to make it right. . . but all I make is more filled graves."
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Cornflower MM

"Argunath, look at me." Rosemary commanded. "Do you see what I see? I see a cougar who's struggling to accept that he's got a terrible affliction. I see see that he can't see the good in himself. I see that he dwells on the past, and doesn't know that tomorrow's a new day, no mistakes in it yet, and that perhaps he should look forwards to it. Argunath, you have to learn to except yourself and learn not to dwell on the bad things, and instead thunk of the good."

The Skarzs

Argunath looked at her. "And I see a squirrel who wants to help, but for all her well-meaning cannot understand what haunts me every day. The past enters the present as every action I do reminds me of something I have done. The good I see, the good I feel, even the good that is given freely and generously to me, cannot stop my memories from blighting them with horrifying truth." He gripped his paws. "It gets harder and harder to hold back. . ."
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jukka the Sling

As soon as Kaylan entered the Abbey building, she went straight up to her room. Taking her bow and quiver, she set them on a chair and then flung herself on the bed on her stomach, resting her chin in her paws so she could think. The ottermaid was reasonably certain she had done right in not killing Argunath; though she was almost sure he was a spy, she couldn't justify slaying an unarmed beast. That would make her as bad as the vermin she so despised.

Then Kaylan's thoughts wandered to another aspect of the whole thing: the Dibbuns. She hadn't heard the full story, only bits and pieces from some equally uninformed Abbeydwellers. So, the cougar had saved one of the little ones from some cats in the woods? Why? Was it staged so he could earn the trust of the Redwallers? But yet he - or his accomplices - had also caused the death of another one. If the whole thing was planned so everybeast could trust him, why on earth would they kill the other Dibbun?

The ottermaid lay there for a while, trying to figure everything out. Eventually her eyelids began to droop. She fought to stay awake but finally lay down and drifted off to sleep.

The Skarzs

OOC: He also tore apart the scouting party, but she might not know that.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Norham Waterpaw

Willow sat wide awake. His eyes didn't droop for a moment. His swift gaze flitted to and fro between the darkness of the woods.

He glanced down at the sleeping form of Aggril. He wanted to sleep too, but he had to stay awake.

His thoughts drifted for a moment, and he thought of home. He checked himself. "Already? Forst day away and you're already homesick? Shameful." He said out loud, though mainly to himself.

"Homesick, eh?" A voice said from behind him.
Hey you! What? Expecting a great quote or some heart-warming poem? Too bad, my signature is just boring. Stop reading it. Stop it. Why are you still reading it?

The Skarzs

Aggril's eyes flickered as he heard a voice, and only seeing Willow, mumbled "Until you wake me, can you keep the talking in yer head, mate?"
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.