News:

Moderator activity in progress. Please, be patient. ~ Sincerely, The Staff

Main Menu

Steampunk RP!

Started by The Shade, February 10, 2014, 07:31:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Shade

Ok, so I was thinking of launching a Steampunk-style RP, but before I elaborate on the plot I would like to know if anyone is interested. If you are, don't post your character sheet yet. Just post. Thanks. ;)

If you want to join but don't know what Steampunk is, click the link below, and you'll probably gather the information there.
http://redwallabbey.com/forum/index.php?topic=4439.0

For species, nothing too big please, however, it doesn't have to be canon the Redwall, such as beavers. They are ok. You can post your sheets now if you want, although I'd wait for the plot to be fully outlined first.  ;) Keep your posts decent, no one-liners please. I'm thinking of maked this RP shorter and sweeter, simply because I don't want it inactive. Could possibly even do a sequel after that if enough people are interested.

Ok, might as well do my characters now... the character max is three by the way. So, post yer characters now!

Name: Captain Raven Firefur (unoriginal, but hey.  :P )
Species: Raccoon
Side: Rebel
Appearance: Unlike most raccons, Raven's fur is a blazing reddish sort of colour, hence his name. He is normally dressed in a black sleeveless tunic, with a pair of black trousers to match, and a pair of brown leather boots. Across his arms scroll tattoos, but these are normally only half visable due to grease and soot. He stands average height for his species, and has a decent muscle structure due to long hours of labour aboard various airships.
Personality: Being rather young for an airship captian has made he slightly arrogant, although he does respect those wiser than him if they manage to prove themselves. He seems confident, although most of the time he does not have a clue what he is doing.
Weapons: A super-heated dagger, powered by a battery in the handle, and duel flintlock pistols, tinted black. These have been adapted so each has an extra two bullets within the gun, although this causes them to jam sometimes. He has also been known to go into battle with his fathers double barreled flintlocked shotgun.
Other:

Name:Emperor Karnac
Species: Boar
Side: Empire
Appearance: Karnac is slighty shorter than your average boar, with nearly his entire body covered by a huge black cloak, its hood permanently shadowing his face, hiding the terrible burns he once received in battle. If it was not for his snout poking out beneath the hood, it would be nearly impossible to tell what creature he is.
Personality: Utterly evil. Will stop at nothing to wipe the rebel forces off the face of the land. There is not much else to say after that. He is also slightly crazy, and has be known to torture random allies for the sake of it.
Weapons: Two hoof-guards able to generate electricity, and shoot bolts of it at will.
Other:

(Will be modifying these sheets.)
They told me I was gullible. I believed them.

It is well known that 47% of statistics are made up on the spot.

I used to leave out half my sentances, but now I

Unimaginative

I'll post my app later when I have more time. I would like to know if this will be based off of Tenebris Landing.
"Once built a steamboat in a meadow
Cos I'd forgotten how to sail" - The Gardener , The Tallest Man on Earth

The Shade

The plot, probably not. Not the same ships, crew proportions ect, either.

Cornflower MM

Maybe, I don't know....Maybe in a little while, 'Kay?

The Shade

It's fine, I'm still in the early stages of developing an plot anyway.  ;)

Rusvul

Norham Waterpaw

Imterested! I love steampunk! I'll be sure to join.   ;D
Hey you! What? Expecting a great quote or some heart-warming poem? Too bad, my signature is just boring. Stop reading it. Stop it. Why are you still reading it?

Rusvul

Quote from: Norham Waterpaw on February 10, 2014, 11:41:46 PM
Imterested! I love steampunk! I'll be sure to join.   ;D
^
I agree so much with above statement that I wear goggles almost everywhere I go.

The Shade

Excellent! *creepy smile* Now, the plot. To be honest I hadn't put much thought into the plot, I just wanted to start a Steampunk RP. There will be two sides, sort of like a rebellion/empire thing, (a lot of thus will revolve around airships) but apart from that I don't have much else. Voice your thoughts.

I'm also regularly updating the OP, so keep yer eye on that once in a while.

Rusvul

Rebellion! Oooohhh! I love rebellions!

The Shade

Any other thoughts you care to share?  :P

Rusvul

W0NWILL

I'm joining, as long as it doesn't go too fast. I haven't been as active lately, as you can guess. I am wonderful at rebellion plots as well. And plots in general, plenty of fun side plots!

The Shade

Good, I could really do with more suggestions about the plot. I'm horrible at building plots.  :P Anyway, as soon as I get my greasy paws on a laptop, (which will hopefully be tomorrow) I will get my characters up in the OP, and a few other things.

Norham Waterpaw

I was thinking maybe (*tense game face*) a super advanced empire ( Rockets, airships, automobiles, iron-clad war ships) with a rebel society struggling to keep up. The rebellion's goal is to beat the empire in an arms race, in which they are already behind in. The empire is relaxed about it ( too relaxed, mind you ) so they lay back, and bully the rebels which their big tanks and airships.

This angers he rebels, driving them faster and harder than ever, thus all spiraling down into one big, bloody war.

*gasps for breath* How is it?
Hey you! What? Expecting a great quote or some heart-warming poem? Too bad, my signature is just boring. Stop reading it. Stop it. Why are you still reading it?